Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

2006 Supercharged GT - E-Town ETs

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:19 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Default 2006 Supercharged GT - E-Town ETs

Okay, so this was very weak.....lol

It was colder than expected lower 50's.....Great DA, a few below sea level. No cool downs were used, didn't pop the hood once. I figured the less power the better ;p

With only 3 runs at the track I couldn't experiment, and being so cold and using summer street tires I didn't want to push it in first and risk losing control...I'm in the right lane every time

First run: No cool down from the drive to the track and 45 min in tech inspection line. I started off around 2k, part throttle, short-shift into 2nd, in 2nd roll into WOT. 3rd and 4th were WOT. Each gear was shifted at 5800 - 5900.

Second run: Got more aggressive in 1st, though the 60' doesn't show that haha, grinded 2nd very hard (ouch!), got back on it, and got locked out of 4th, I've had this happen before where it won't go into gear, and I have poly motor mounts....? 3rd and 4th were shifted at 6k

Last run: I said this would be the best run of the night, and it was. Too bad it was still terrible. It seemed to me like it was going to be a good run, except for my granny shifts. I realized tonight I've been shifting very lazily since the blower. While N/A i found the need to be very aggressive as to maximize my performance, while with the blower I haven't felt that, and I need to start shifting faster!

So overall, BEAT! Half to one second slower and improvement of only 1mph over N/A set-up, granted i didn't floor first or be crazy with second once, the whole night. Very poor driving tonight too, if I do say so myself. Other cars didn't seem to be running too well either the highest trap I saw for a cobra was 111mph. That was my biggest disappointment of the night, a weak trap - though I guess it's to be expected with the pitiful starts
Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

1 - you need a tire

2- why shift so low?

3 - next time either circle your times or let us see the car numbers so it's easy to figure out which time is yours.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

No offense to the OP but I predicted it would be disappointing in the other thread. If you you have to feather/baby it why bother.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:16 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Ugh those 60fts. . Was 40f last night at Cordova and prep was still fantastic. I didn't get to run (car is dead) but a buddy was bogging in his z06 off the line with 3500+rpm launches. Need some tires for sure.. You can still get 'ok' launches if you roll off the line near idle. Good luck next time!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

He doesn't need a tire to run low 12s in that car. There's enough power there to idle off the line and still pull off at least a high 12. He needs to practice, thats all. The traps alone show he's not staying in the power like he should, either due to short shifting or missing shifts completely.

Don't sweat it Vista. Just keep practicing man, it'll come to you.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:16 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
1 - you need a tire

2- why shift so low?

3 - next time either circle your times or let us see the car numbers so it's easy to figure out which time is yours.
Yea, and practice. I've only got on it in first a handful of times in first on the street. I was shifting so low the first run because I was nervous I guess. The subsequent runs I shifted at 6k except for 1st because I didnt want to spin going into 2nd. I said in the thread I was in the right lane every run, it may not have been clear.

Originally Posted by Riptide
No offense to the OP but I predicted it would be disappointing in the other thread. If you you have to feather/baby it why bother.
Why bother? Because it was fun! Yea, disappointing but who cares, i still got to run and have fun. Last time I just watched my friend and felt left out. Plus now I know how bad I am! : D

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Ugh those 60fts. . Was 40f last night at Cordova and prep was still fantastic. I didn't get to run (car is dead) but a buddy was bogging in his z06 off the line with 3500+rpm launches. Need some tires for sure.. You can still get 'ok' launches if you roll off the line near idle. Good luck next time!
Yea, in hindsight I should have tried flooring first, the track was hooking pretty well for me.

Originally Posted by Stone629
He doesn't need a tire to run low 12s in that car. There's enough power there to idle off the line and still pull off at least a high 12. He needs to practice, thats all. The traps alone show he's not staying in the power like he should, either due to short shifting or missing shifts completely.

Don't sweat it Vista. Just keep practicing man, it'll come to you.
thanks for the confidence lol. Yea with an easy start I probably still could have went WOT in 1st which would have set up the whole run.....lower ETs and a higher trap!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Glad you had fun. I would probably just have been frustrated, especially with a 106 trap in a blown car at your altitude.

Get some tires and try again.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaGT

Yea, in hindsight I should have tried flooring first, the track was hooking pretty well for me.

Yea with an easy start I probably still could have went WOT in 1st which would have set up the whole run.....lower ETs and a higher trap!
Originally Posted by Riptide

Get some tires and try again.
Traction isn't his issue.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:40 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Traction isn't his issue.
I was confused, the 60fts were screaming wheel spin. Had to read his post again after you said that to figure out what I missed. Lol
Old 10-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

6k is low. I shifted my 3v at 6600-6700, no lift.

Quick Reply: 2006 Supercharged GT - E-Town ETs