Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced a 335I tonight also Dyno vid!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default Raced a 335I tonight also Dyno vid!!

Well guys got the car dynoed yesterday and just knew I would finally see 400 RWHP. Well that didn't happened and sadly I only gained 3 RWHP but to my suprise I gained 46 ft lb's or torque. Well to the race. I was going for a little spin becuase with the weather starting to get bad around, here my driving days are numbered. I was crusing at about 45 and I see this blue bimmer behind me. I had no clue the guy wanted to run, so I started to merge onto the interstate. Looked in my mirror and he darted out right behind me. I was like ok. We get on the interstate and I stay in 3rd gear and am doing about 50 mph. He get's beside me and started lurching back in forth. We both kinda took off at the same time and to my surprise he put about a half car lead on me. I shift to fourth and quickly reel him in. We let out at about 95 or so and I had a good 2 car lead on him. Once again I slowed down and he lowers his window and say's he's done, gave me thumbs up and started to merge off the interstate. Sorry so long guys. Below a short vid.. Gonna put the LT's on next month and go back and get redynoed in January. Also chk out the 16 second mark when the guy in the car nods his head. Priceless!! See the vid below!!

Last edited by Soldier GT; 11-05-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:32 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Nice kill

How many pounds of boost are you running??

if you're really dead set on hitting the 400whp mark, you may just get a smaller pulley swap and de-tune it do you don't overshoot your mark..
Old 11-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good kill, Soldier. He just hit boost quicker than you, hence the jump. You ran his *** down though. 335i's are quick. I wouldnt worry about dyno numbers, your track numbers will tell you everything you need to know
Old 11-06-2011, 02:31 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

thought you fixed the fuel issue or what ever it was last time?

Forget the bolt on mods, you have a blower, just up the boost man. Longtubes will help a good amount, but nothing compared to a pulley swap and retune.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Nice kill

How many pounds of boost are you running??

if you're really dead set on hitting the 400whp mark, you may just get a smaller pulley swap and de-tune it do you don't overshoot your mark..

Thxs man! I'm hitting right at 11 pounds of boost. I thought for sure I would be getting at least 410 to the wheels. Aren't guys running 8psi hitting 400??
Old 11-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
thought you fixed the fuel issue or what ever it was last time?

Forget the bolt on mods, you have a blower, just up the boost man. Longtubes will help a good amount, but nothing compared to a pulley swap and retune.
Thxs 302.. At the last dyno the tech inforemd me that I had a bad fuel pump so I replaced it. Thought problem solved. I'm gonna take it to a shop that only deals in Mustangs sometime this month, see if they can help me out with my idleing issue and also my fuel problem..
Old 11-06-2011, 08:31 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

idle issue could be a hint toward why power is off, such as a MAF issue, or leak somewhere.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

302 I have been doing some research and came up this write up. Guy has the same problem I'm having. My Maf is connected to my power pipe tubing. It is for a 05 and above mustang but if tuned properly it will work on a 99-04 new edge. Also the 05 MAF is a blow through so what would I have to move?? I found this write up below!!!

When I converted my set up to blow thru with the slot style MAF I made a mistake and let the IAC connection in the same position as when the car was draw thru attached to the power pipe and the car would not run...I send the meter back thinking it was defective just to find out when I got the new one the same thing happened. I eneded up getting a 3" protube and guess what happened...the car will still not run just because there was unmetered air going into the engine. I had to tow the car to the tuner and what not when all I needed to do was to place the stupid hose after the meter. I shared this just so you don't make the same mistake
Old 11-06-2011, 12:49 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Thxs man! I'm hitting right at 11 pounds of boost. I thought for sure I would be getting at least 410 to the wheels. Aren't guys running 8psi hitting 400??
11 lbs. of boost, I would think you should be passing the 400whp mark quite easily. I made about 400 w/8 psi on mine, with the 10 psi pulley/re-tune and intercooler, it turned it into a monster lol

I think your LT's will open up a nice amount of whp/trq.. enough to get you into the 400s
Old 11-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I was thinking the same thing!!! There is a shop about a hours drive that only deals in Mustangs. so I'll be going there in about the next 2 wks. Hope to get it sorted out and head back to the dyno..

Last edited by Soldier GT; 11-06-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Raced a 335I tonight also Dyno vid!!