Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Titan vs Bullitt (Vids)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:37 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default Titan vs Bullitt (Vids)

While taking a trip down in Mexico, ran into a buddy of mine who just bought a 2011 Nissan Titan full crew cab. Thing weighs like +5300 Lbs. He has a lot of work into it, full exhaust, intake, cams, heads, 4.10's, and had the transmission tuned to shift quicker. I believe he said he dyno'd at 340 rwhp. My Poor little B doesn't have all of that lol. you guys should know by now what I'm packing. I was fearful of losing actually and was prepared for it.

Anyways, we went from a dig three times. I missed 3rd on the first, got him on the second, and wasn't paying attention on the 3rd when the light turned green. Had I not missed 3rd and had paid attention I would've beaten him on those runs. From a 20mph roll, his weight killed him as I took those for the win. The 40mph roll seemed a lot closer though, the one video he has up as a 40mph roll shows him reeling me in when in reality I let off because I jumped him hella bad. Here are the video's he took. He's planning on s/c it soon, which will completely destroy me if I don't get any work done. All in all, fast truck that sounded nice.

This is the 2nd run:
http://youtu.be/F0ztwYfkTOo
This is the 1st one where I missed 3rd, you can hear at 19 secs into it
http://youtu.be/CzSbiSheXok
40mph roll where I let off for a quick second
http://youtu.be/ko95Pn95hWE

Last edited by crash; 12-21-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Nice runs bro, that titan has some pep to it
Old 12-22-2011, 02:02 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

head/cam/intake and it makes 340rwhp? WAT

i know trucks lose a lot more power through there heavier parts and all, but come the F on.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:15 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Here is his mod list:11 Titan SV CC+ tow mirrrors, black steps, prodigy3, dvd/nav, RR bags, Auto Air Level kit
UpRev,Robello Racing Ported & Milled heads (10.4:1), JWT Cams, Doug Thorley Long Tube
3.36 gears, TransGo Shift Kit, Berk Cats, Stillen catback, Injen CAI, Stillen/CSF Rad
PML TP, PML DP, Stillen Front Sway, r1 slotted/drilled performance rotors

That's taken from his sig in the Titan forums. Naturally, he only posted ones where he did well in, there were a couple of 20mph rolls that I killed him in. The 40mph roll is his strength as those at times gave me the hardest time. Honestly, we never had a good even start, either I jumped early, or he did. One time I gave him the hit and slowly ran him down.

Meh, still fun to run him. I'll post some more vids when we run again. His car seemed to run rich at times and he said it was on a conservative tune. Here are his numbers :342rwhp . 385lbft
Old 12-22-2011, 04:25 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

not impressed by that truck. Should have just went with a turbo.

It takes some experience to learn to race.

The way I have done it, in PLANNED races with a friend or something is you agree on a speed, or hold the speed you want, then have ether one of you get the hit/tell them to go, or the old school way of honking.

I have always just agreed on who would get the hit, as I don't like honking and drawing more attention to the shenanigans of street racing.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good run Crash. Trucks do lose a massive amount of power through their drivetrains. My TBSS put 334 to the wheels with a tune, (gained 25 rwhp from the tune) so it was losing around 90 HP thru the heavy rear, 20" wheels, etc, etc.

Anyway, it surprised me to see you pull him that hard. Your Bullitt is a good bit quicker than that Titan. Nice work and nice daytime vids!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:11 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

theres a guy I follow on youtube who has a lq4 motor auto chevy truck with a turbo, running low 11's on slicks. (turbo is under the truck, where the mufflers are)

stock bottom end motor, stock suspension.

trucks can be fast if you go about it right...... or pretty much just throw a good turbo at it.

Something like THAT is insane. A h/c/i titan with 340rwhp seems like a joke to me? the TBSS like stone said, bolt on's gets more then 340rwhp.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Mustang Dyno maybe?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:25 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

I just would never mod a truck honestly, at least not like that. I mean, maybe if I already had a car to mod. It's just not a good platform to start out with. Not like the diesel of fury! I agree, he spent a lot of money and really couldn't beat me. A stickier tire would've destroyed him as I was spinning a lot and had to play catch up the majority of the time. BTW, my 2-3 shift sucks and seems slow. Should I just change my transmission fluid or get a STS?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
1.5LofFury
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
Something like THAT is insane. A h/c/i titan with 340rwhp seems like a joke to me? the TBSS like stone said, bolt on's gets more then 340rwhp.
think about it this way, stock they dyno right around 220-230rwhp (basically what a stock 5.3 Silverado does), so 340rwhp from h/c/i sounds about right. and the LS2 in the SS is already starting at 400bhp. the 5.6 in the Titan is starting at 305bhp.

Originally Posted by crash
I just would never mod a truck honestly, at least not like that. I mean, maybe if I already had a car to mod. It's just not a good platform to start out with. Not like the diesel of fury! I agree, he spent a lot of money and really couldn't beat me. A stickier tire would've destroyed him as I was spinning a lot and had to play catch up the majority of the time. BTW, my 2-3 shift sucks and seems slow. Should I just change my transmission fluid or get a STS?

compression ignition changes everything.

Quick Reply: Titan vs Bullitt (Vids)