Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

3.7 vs Lt1 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:50 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Default 3.7 vs Lt1 t/a

Well, after I washed my car after hitting a FKING DEER tonight, I cruised over to where my brother and some other boys were to show him the damage. (Not tooooo bad, but still heartbreaking)

The boy my brother was trying to set up a run with was there, and a bunch of other cats. I had decided not to run, carry my *** home for the night. Well, a blown 2v rolls up, race is setup with him and my bro, so we roll out.

After they run, me and the t/a line up. From a 35ish roll, 5k in 2nd for me, 3 honks and we roll out. Get a nice wiggle out of the 2-3 shift, and pull a car through 3rd. Bang 4th, and make it 2 cars. When I let out at 120-125, I was a good 3 cars out.

The car is a 96 or 97 t/a, auto, 3.73s, midlengths, ypipe, cai, ported heads, untuned, still unknown about the stall. The kicker is, he did have 3 girls with him, each at MAYBE 100lbs (16yr olds). I had a passenger with me though, so his excuses when we stopped to talk were void

I was pretty happy to say the least. Took my mind off the damage for a minute anyways. Next up is going to be his brother in his 96-98 pi-swapped, geared, bolton gt. He runs 8.40s in the 8th, and pulls the t/a by 2, so should be a pretty good run based on that.

Oh, and since I don't have vids of the runs, how bout some crappy pics of the damage?

Old 01-13-2012, 11:30 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Car runs strong. You should run that Cobalt SS/SC you would waste it
Hopefully you can get a cool Hood out of it or something
Old 01-13-2012, 11:48 PM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

ouch. Well at least you got dinner for tonight!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:05 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Damn bro, that sucks about the deer. New hood time! Nice *** whooping on that lt1. That's like taking popcorn from a 5 year old at the movies watching Pokemon or something.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:43 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the win OP, sounds like you didn't even need to try lol.

And at least you get some venison out of the accident? Looks bad, but I am sure you'll get it back to better than new!
Old 01-14-2012, 02:08 AM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Damn bro, that sucks about the deer. New hood time! Nice *** whooping on that lt1. That's like taking popcorn from a 5 year old at the movies watching Pokemon or something.
sounds like you have a lot of experience taking popcorn from 5 year olds... at pokemon movies...

well, OP, on the upside at least you were smart enough to hit the deer. My GF crashed her car into a ditch to avoid hitting the deer. It's a lot harder to get insurance to pay for damages when you crash into a ditch.

Last edited by jojobanks; 01-14-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:25 AM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

So sorry about the deer!! Good job on the outrunning the TA, looks like the 3.73's are really getting it done!! I will come over today and see what kind of damage the deer did.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

That looks nasty, looks like you knocked the cold **** out of that deer, lol. Good thing about hitting deer is that your insurance will see it as a 'not at fault' accident so your premium won't go up. Outta get yourself a more aggressive hood out of it

Good run man. I'm surprised how hard you pulled him with those mods, but he is untuned so I'd imagine he's only getting half the gains from the mods that he would with a strong tune. But even tuned it looks like you would still get him.

2nd gear, 35 MPH, 5k RPM? You guys weren't kidding when you said those transmissions were steep, lol. Just for comparison to show how different our cars are, 2nd gear for me at 5K is about 70mph, lol.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:59 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Ya know, I was thinking about that later last night after I posted this. When we were following the other boys waiting for them to hit it, me and the t/a tried to line up too, and I was sitting at 5k in 2nd just waiting, lol. But we didn't get clean hits, then I missed 4th anyways, lol.

The 'real' run we got in, I remember starting from a lower rpm, cause I was deciding if I should dump it to 1st. It was closer to 3.5-4k in 2nd. Im just guessing at the speed really, when I go back out I'll see what mph Im at at whatever rpm, in whatever gear, lol.

And I totally agree that not being tuned is really hurting him. I was expecting a slaughter on his part really, so I was pretty stoked with the outcome. I 'spect once he gets tuned, and we're both by ourselves, it would be a real good run.

I can't wait to run the sn95 now. Been trying to since I bought the car, but he never would. Now he wants to now that Im modded, so thats fine with me

Edit: How would I go about getting a different style hood/grill out this deal? Im just getting the dealer to do the work, so I doubt they will "work with me" on that..... My deductible is only $250, but I can't really put too much more up after that. If anything I'd like to get the 7-bar grill like my dad has, just in black

Last edited by 97tplsGT; 01-14-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:59 AM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

I went to a body shop local when I hit a deer in my SS/SC..he made a list of the damage for stock parts..he got the check in..bought what I wanted and kept the rest. Stock stuff was more expensive than aftermarket.

My hood, bumper, grill, h/e, intake and headlights were messed up. I got a S3 H/E, nice headlights, SS/TC grills, and a 3" intake out of it.

Quick Reply: 3.7 vs Lt1 t/a