Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Couple runs today

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default Couple runs today

No vid, started to but then decided I better keep both hands on the wheel. Glad I did cause my car was slipping and sliding pretty good....

First run, G35 Coupe, definitely manual, sounded bone stock. This guy was straight up screwing with me throughout my entire 15 minute commute, flying up on me, pacing me, etc. Due to traffic, I just couldn't get a run in against him until about 1 mile from my house. We ended up side by side at a light. He reved at me first, so I looked over at him and he was just shaking his head and grinning at me with that, "you gonna lose" look on his face. I shrugged my shoulders and this azz actually puts his palm up like a true D-bag. At this point, my adrenaline was going. Not because I was afraid of losing, but because I couldn't wait to obliterate him. Long story short, light turns green, I roll into it and even fish tailing and having to peddle 1st and 2nd, by the top of 2nd he was buses behind me. Theennnn comes the almighty flyby which I quickly shut down as well. I slowed down to let him catch up so I could ask what happened. I slowed all the way to 25mph, he got within maybe 3 cars of me, then jabbed his brakes and pulled a U-turn, lol.

Next run. Much more of a challenge! 2012 SRT-8 Jeep. Haven't seen one on the road yet, so I was pumped to see it. This took place heading in early this AM. It was 4:45am, so I figured it was safe to open it on up. Had a red light up ahead and slowed down, stopped, looked over at the new Grand Cherokee next to me and the rims instantly screamed SRT. I eased on up and there was an older white headed gent driving. He looked at me, lifted off his brake and got right back on it so he Jeep lurched a tad. I rolled on up and stopped just hard enough to let him know I was good to go. I was nervous about a dig run with this beast, but no way was I letting this one get away. Light goes green, and that sombich left hard! I was busy feathering my spin, but still accelerating pretty good. By the top of 1st, he had a good 7-8 feet between his rear end and my front bumper. My automatic slams into 2nd, still fighting for traction, but regaining it quickly. 1/2 way through 2nd, I had already started gaining back ground and was about even with him (front bumper at his front door) and pulling hard. By the upper part of 2nd, he was now at my back bumper and losing ground quick. Lifted slightly into 3rd as to not bounce off the limiter and he was a done deal at at 1.5 cars back. It was still dark and all I could see at his point were his headlights, so take my final estimates for what they're worth. I let off at this point, but he stayed in it and blew past me with tht sick sounding 6.4 Hemi. I never did try to catch back up to him to wave or anything. Figured I better cool it, lol.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:09 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Dude. Is this a new record for your post length?

Good **** wit the SRT's. Love em, and glad you got to run one.

IMO with experience:

1. They look menacing as ****.
2. Bone stock they are not as quick as they look stock ("I'ma **** you up" kinda tough, but it's relative lol), but will suprise a fool or four.
3. However, when modded, watch out my man.

Last edited by moochman4life; 04-11-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Lucky ***, it's been raining here so I havent had much action lately. Nice to wipe a smug fave away isn't it? Im scared ****less of srt 8 jeeps. Nice kill!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:21 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Lucky ***, it's been raining here so I havent had much action lately. Nice to wipe a smug fave away isn't it? Im scared ****less of srt 8 jeeps. Nice kill!
Don't be a puss.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I really want to run an 05-08 SRT-8....then have someone give me enough $$ to buy one, lol. Not really a fan of the newest SRT Jeep... as nasty as they are (just prefer the look of the previous model).

Def a post/length record, Mooch

They look as docile any other Cherokee out there, but dammit man...they launch so hard. All you gotta do is stomp those things and all the torque flat grips and goes. Its crazy being next to a vehicle that size leaving like that. Loved it
Old 04-11-2012, 10:00 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by moochman4life
Don't be a puss.
Aight, I'll man up, grab a video camera, hunt one down, and then ill show you guys how badly I get stomped lol
Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
They look as docile any other Cherokee out there,

No, homie. SRT Jeeps stand like a light heavyweight ready to fight IMO. Regular Cherokees carry some extra bodyfat and have Johnny Cash songs playing when they roll through. No ****, and I love Cash. Have enough of them up in this realm of euros, immigrants and ******** to formulate a solid opinion.

Last edited by moochman4life; 04-11-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moochman4life
No, homie. SRT Jeeps stand like a light heavyweight ready to fight IMO. Regular Cherokees carry some extra bodyfat and have Johnny Cash songs playing when they roll through. No ****, and I love Cash. Have enough of them up in this realm of euros, immigrants and ******** to formulate a solid opinion.
I love some Johnny Cash too brother....but the 2012 SRT Jeep, until you get up close, its a tough call. The older ones, low as *** and mean! I had to see the wheels and the badge to know on this new Jeep in lower light....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi9csQ7kV1U&ob=av3e
Old 04-12-2012, 12:32 AM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

So you beat a Datsun and a jeep...?

lol jk, good runs. Sounds fun, all my races are set up. I never run into anyone who wants to race around here. Although I sometimes get a sneaking suspicion that other cars in traffic are racing me with out my knowledge.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

your transmission works neow?

good kill on the jeep

Quick Reply: Couple runs today