Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Pics from the track..

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 05:12 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
32XX they are pretty heavy for what they are.
??!

Holy crap.. that's about 100lbs. less than my (weight reduced) 08 GT supercharged lol

All that weight and he still had a hard time launching on drag radials??

(2.0 best 60 ft.)

somethings gotta be off.

I am happy to be at 4350 vs the 4500 I was at rofl
Old 05-27-2012, 06:36 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

That's an awesome setting. Great place for a track with all that scenery. Funny track times for the gt500 as I have seen many times they don't do well but like anything it takes time and a bit more to pull some good times.

Thanks for sharing
Old 05-27-2012, 09:28 PM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

That is my yellow SRT4 in those pics! I ran a best of 14.6@105. I had ****ty winter tires on it at the time. I bought some m&h slicks this past week and have my summer wheels and tires on now, so once those slicks come in I'll go back and see what I can run. And that 15sec pass, I missed third gear and it locked me out until the rpm's dropped to 2k, so I lost a metric **** ton of time.

But I cut a best 60ft of 2.5!!!! haha yea not good at all, but considering that was my first time EVER racing a 1/4 track in a fwd car, (only been down a drag strip twice in my life 1/8 in my mustang II) with zero track prep at all, I can't complain! My trap was decent but had no traction through 2nd gear. My tune was all ****ed up too so that didn't help. I had knock like crazy and a very lean afr. I since then lowered boost, and pulled more timing.

And OH BTW, we have really really bad 90oct gas only, way worse than California 91. I'm buying a meth kit soon so I don't have to worry bout running that ****ty crap we call gas up here.

That white EVO trapped 115, he has a big turbo and meth, he couldn't even get traction. He bogged the launch then spun in first. But we will both go back in about 2 weeks and i'm sure we will hit our goals. He should be in the 11's, and I want low low 13's with my slicks once I figure out how to launch this car...

Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:26 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Get a wot box.
Preload and dump it.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:35 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by The stang II
That is my yellow SRT4 in those pics! I ran a best of 14.6@105. I had ****ty winter tires on it at the time. I bought some m&h slicks this past week and have my summer wheels and tires on now, so once those slicks come in I'll go back and see what I can run. And that 15sec pass, I missed third gear and it locked me out until the rpm's dropped to 2k, so I lost a metric **** ton of time.

But I cut a best 60ft of 2.5!!!! haha yea not good at all, but considering that was my first time EVER racing a 1/4 track in a fwd car, (only been down a drag strip twice in my life 1/8 in my mustang II) with zero track prep at all, I can't complain! My trap was decent but had no traction through 2nd gear. My tune was all ****ed up too so that didn't help. I had knock like crazy and a very lean afr. I since then lowered boost, and pulled more timing.

And OH BTW, we have really really bad 90oct gas only, way worse than California 91. I'm buying a meth kit soon so I don't have to worry bout running that ****ty crap we call gas up here.

That white EVO trapped 115, he has a big turbo and meth, he couldn't even get traction. He bogged the launch then spun in first. But we will both go back in about 2 weeks and i'm sure we will hit our goals. He should be in the 11's, and I want low low 13's with my slicks once I figure out how to launch this car...

Thanks for sharing the pics!
lol I didn't know where to park so I just parked next to the misc. cars.. Chevy SHR SS to my left and an old school Purple Typhoon to my left I saw all you guys parked over there, but I didn't feel like cruising by in my big black Orca whale with bright neon red LED tail lights rofl

Don't sweat the times.. the track is HORRIBLE on any other day but prep day! Pretty sure everyone was disappointed with their times!

I ran a 13.3@100 the week before this one in the pic. I ran a 13.6@98mph that day (Gotta love awd!)

no power mods, just a 3200 torque converter. Street tires, 4500 lbs.

Hope to see you two get those times in!

Last edited by stealth_GT; 05-28-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:39 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
That's an awesome setting. Great place for a track with all that scenery. Funny track times for the gt500 as I have seen many times they don't do well but like anything it takes time and a bit more to pull some good times.

Thanks for sharing
Thanks.. I really need to post up pics on the way there, because it's just as beautiful. Half the fun is driving there

Ditto on the GT500 times, I have never personally seen a stock or lightly modded 500 run anything better than 13.1/13.2..

even my old 08 w/V3 could run a 12.8@111mph on street tires and shoddy 60 ft... must suck with their street tires and low *** gear ratio..
Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 PM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

It was fun, and I'm going during points racing due to track prep.

Perfect disguise, I have a wotbox but no 2step, I bought it used from a local for dirt cheap, but I need a 2 step now with slicks...
Old 05-28-2012, 05:59 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

You can get N2mb to flash it to have both.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:14 PM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

Does it cost anything? And would I have to send it in and be without a wotbox for a week or two? (I'm in Alaska). Also, do you know how to put more than one custom tune on the DSP? I have the 3bar rescale tune, I want to pretty much duplicate that tune to make one a race gas tune and one pump gas tune...
Old 05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

I'm sure it would cost, but it wouldn't have to be sent in. It can be done on your computer.
I'm not sure about the DSP, you would have to dig into the manual. Turbo666 does all my tuning stuff.

Quick Reply: Pics from the track..