Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

12.1@112mph.. 2.4 60 ft!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 01:21 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Got the high flow cats on's, muffler shop said that was completely destroyed!

These new ones look like the ones of Kooks long tube catted mid pipes

Gotta chase down a misfire on two cylinders on the right side. Must have really carbonated those spark plugs when the cat blew..

Shorty headers and straight pipes on the way
Old 06-02-2013, 06:23 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Do you think high flow cats are going to fair any better? Hi flows on the mustangs don't work with forced inductiion, but 10psi or under, the stock cats are damn near indestructible IME.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

It's either the high flows or shell out nearly a grand for a new stock catted mid pipe and o2 sensor. I mistaken the prices and went to get a stock one as was shocked!

They certainly look more high flow.. I'll have to wait and see if they're worth it. I don't plan on running more than 5 psi this year, maybe crank it up to 7-8 psi but that's it.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I think I may be going back to a 3V next summer and getting a beater for the winter.

I love the Charger to death, but it's been kind of a headache maintaining everything on the beast. I owned my 08 3v for four years, even through our agonizing long winters, I drove that bad boy through it all

Not a single hiccup, except for a dead alternator and a busted con rod but let's just keep that between us lol

Might even get a manual trans this time around and do the 4.10s thing!

I am done making my daily driver into a drag car.. nothing but problems.. I can take care of the things I have control over, but the things that just happen out of nowhere it what really gets you!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:33 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I am done making my daily driver into a drag car.. nothing but problems.. I can take care of the things I have control over, but the things that just happen out of nowhere it what really gets you!
You can highly modify your daily driver, but if you take it to the drag strip every weekend, then somethings going to break eventually. I've been to the track two times in 7 years with this car, lol! Going back Tuesday, if it doesn't rain. It has never been to the dealer either or any shop for that matter.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:59 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
You can highly modify your daily driver, but if you take it to the drag strip every weekend, then somethings going to break eventually. I've been to the track two times in 7 years with this car, lol! Going back Tuesday, if it doesn't rain. It has never been to the dealer either or any shop for that matter.
lol makes sense.. I been to the track three times in the last month, about 35-40 runs total

Just blowing off steam about the whole going back to the a 3v.. but I do miss the hell out of it!! My favorite car out of all I have owned, maybe 2nd to the 93 Mazda RX-7 though
Old 06-16-2013, 01:21 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

Why go back to a 3V? I'd just go to a 5.0.

Also, if you do decide to keep your Charger drop the cats completely and go with SRT shorties. You can get used ones super cheap, and have a catless mid welded in no problem.

I know I've been eying the new 5.0s. Throw some LTs on, new intake (boss or the like) and maybe even go e85 and tune that bad boy and have fun. I'd keep it that way for a while, but knowing me I'd probably end up doing more. I've just been kicking the idea around of getting a new 5.0 pretty seriously lately lol.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:27 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

forget the 3v's. The new 5.0 is where its at. These cars are nuts
Old 06-18-2013, 04:54 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Dude you need to update the sig pic badly.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I DD my 11 second car

It can be done, trick is to pick a goal first, then pick the car. That way you don't push a car past its "DD'ing" limits trying to reach that goal. I wouldn't give up on that Charger now. Just take a break from it and try not to let it get to you. Once it becomes a frustration.....thats a bad place to be :/