Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cobalt SS vs 2015 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Finding straight roads around here isn't hard. Its finding sturdy back roads not covered in loose asphalt that can be tough. At least in areas where theres not a ton of houses, etc
Old 04-29-2015, 09:37 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I know I'm late to this party and I don't post as much as I used to but them bolt on and tuned Cobalt SS' are pretty quick, LOL. I bought mine brand new in 2008 and had it up until April of 2014. Even though it had just basic bolt ons and a tune it put in alot of work against alot of people. I'm still upset that I sold it but my Boss 302 is pretty fun, LOL. And I just picked up an 03 Mach 1 last week so I'm happy. And I agree with a few of you, this section isn't the same as it was back in 2006-2008 time frame.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:57 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1BAD3V
I know I'm late to this party and I don't post as much as I used to but them bolt on and tuned Cobalt SS' are pretty quick, LOL. I bought mine brand new in 2008 and had it up until April of 2014. Even though it had just basic bolt ons and a tune it put in alot of work against alot of people. I'm still upset that I sold it but my Boss 302 is pretty fun, LOL. And I just picked up an 03 Mach 1 last week so I'm happy. And I agree with a few of you, this section isn't the same as it was back in 2006-2008 time frame.
lol growing up sucks doesn't it?

I came here with a stage 2 SRT-4 Neon, to a 2008 Mustang GT, eventually full bolt on and supercharged to three Dodge Charger's and now a '99 Z28!

I used to street race a ton back from 99/09 but now I barely even want to leave the house in the wee hours of the night. I go on cruises but it's mostly Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings, ALONE lol

Plus, the more cars I've owned, the more and more conservative I become and the more I just want something to look and sound good.. 350whp is my limit nowadays, which isn't very much compared to what I've had (500whp).

If it starts, runs and doesn't leave me stranded.. I am happy!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:18 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

high elevations give FI cars a GIGANTIC advantage.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:14 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol growing up sucks doesn't it?

I came here with a stage 2 SRT-4 Neon, to a 2008 Mustang GT, eventually full bolt on and supercharged to three Dodge Charger's and now a '99 Z28!

I used to street race a ton back from 99/09 but now I barely even want to leave the house in the wee hours of the night. I go on cruises but it's mostly Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings, ALONE lol

Plus, the more cars I've owned, the more and more conservative I become and the more I just want something to look and sound good.. 350whp is my limit nowadays, which isn't very much compared to what I've had (500whp).

If it starts, runs and doesn't leave me stranded.. I am happy!
I will say I've grown up alot. I'm 30 years old now and have a great job so I try to stay out of trouble, LOL. With the Wife and I not having kids or wanting kids and both have good jobs it's pretty easy for us to own what we want for the most part. She drives the Boss to work most days but sometimes I can talk her into taking the Taurus instead. But since I bought the Mach last week it's going to be my project car until the Boss runs out of it's warranty. I remember all them cars and stories you had back in the day, haha.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:09 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1BAD3V
I will say I've grown up alot. I'm 30 years old now and have a great job so I try to stay out of trouble, LOL. With the Wife and I not having kids or wanting kids and both have good jobs it's pretty easy for us to own what we want for the most part. She drives the Boss to work most days but sometimes I can talk her into taking the Taurus instead. But since I bought the Mach last week it's going to be my project car until the Boss runs out of it's warranty. I remember all them cars and stories you had back in the day, haha.
That's so awesome.. the Boss driving the Boss

I thought about letting my girl drive the Z28 as well but she also has a lead foot lol

30? Bah, you're still young.. I am 35 and when I was 30 I was still zipping around like a dodo but I have admittingly become more into cruising to some beats and chillin' as I have gotten older. I also have let a lot of races go simply because I didn't feel like racing.

lol all those cars.. sure was a good time...
Old 05-01-2015, 04:19 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

You kids these days.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:59 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

They are not kids but at 56 I'm no spring chicken, I ran many a dig race on Tn. backroads and lost my share. Had a 67 candy red Camaro "Powerglide" w/ 750 Carter 4bbl. Now I burn through the Twisty's near San Antonio Bay semi-retired health care provider. More humanoids in the world has us looking for a deserted road and finding few. I still get challenged and take on most with a grin!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:29 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Yep, 56 here too.......I just can't seem to get it out of my blood either, but, I am a heck of a lot smarter about traffic and possible po po involvement......errrrrr most of the time
Old 05-03-2015, 09:32 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I'm 37, but don't feel so bad now seeing as some of you are old enough to be my pops, lol I was talking to a friend yesterday (was buying his Z28 actually) and he was telling me how he was going to settle down and buy an Equinox. Said he's hoping the "speed thing" will fade. I told him I doubted it would. I've been blowing money on cars/mods for probably 15 years now, and as I get older nothing has changed other than wanting more power than the last project! Age doesn't cure the modding bug.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS vs 2015 Mustang GT