Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

SN 95 VERT VS. 350 Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 01:57 AM

Default RE: SN 95 VERT VS. 350 Z

ORIGINAL: thehourg

i was driving around as i always do around the beach area where i live and to my suprize! wow a 350z with a knucklhead driving, well he pulled up and started to get all friskey, i have always wanted to run one of these to see how fast they really are! keep in mind i have an auto, so i really did not want to race from the speed we were driving at.... so to my suprize again!!! A TRAFFIC LIGHT AND ITS TURNING RED, aaahhhh we will see now what's up!!! he's all looking at me with this sheer attitude of confidence, but i never like to underestimate anyone, so anyway the light turned green, and we went for it~ again to my surprize that ricer actually had a little torque! he pulled out about 1/2 car lenth ahead of me- now we were in like a heay traffic 35 mph area, but as you all know that thought does not come to mind when your runnin lol... well i was floored to see the car get me off the line, but hey the table turned! at about 45 i was doing him damage, i hit second gear and i saw his face go from confident to what (what the crap, im not that cool after all) hahaha, well he wasnt giving up, but i steadily got my position back and then some.. i went from him getting me off the line to side by side, to walking him.. i think i finally let off the gas at like 85-90 in a 35 whew!!! after i caught up, it was clear who was runnin who!!! I WENT FROM 1/2 CAR BEHIND TO SIDE BY SIDE AND THEN SOME ALL THE WHILE I WAS WALKIN AWAY FROM HIM HARD,,,,,HE FINALLY BAILED! my strongest accleleration zone is between 35 and 90... SO IT WAS A GOOD RACE!!!! plus im basically stock i have a few mod's...
Do you have any idea what a 350Z has under the hood?

I really can't believe this story, sounds like too much BS... but to avoid a conflict I'll give you, and your poor writing skills, the benefit of the doubt and say nice kill.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:06 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

ORIGINAL: thehourg

i was driving around as i always do around the beach area where i live and to my suprize! wow a 350z with a knucklhead driving, well he pulled up and started to get all friskey, i have always wanted to run one of these to see how fast they really are! keep in mind i have an auto, so i really did not want to race from the speed we were driving at.... so to my suprize again!!! A TRAFFIC LIGHT AND ITS TURNING RED, aaahhhh we will see now what's up!!! he's all looking at me with this sheer attitude of confidence, but i never like to underestimate anyone, so anyway the light turned green, and we went for it~ again to my surprize that ricer actually had a little torque! he pulled out about 1/2 car lenth ahead of me- now we were in like a heay traffic 35 mph area, but as you all know that thought does not come to mind when your runnin lol... well i was floored to see the car get me off the line, but hey the table turned! at about 45 i was doing him damage, i hit second gear and i saw his face go from confident to what (what the crap, im not that cool after all) hahaha, well he wasnt giving up, but i steadily got my position back and then some.. i went from him getting me off the line to side by side, to walking him.. i think i finally let off the gas at like 85-90 in a 35 whew!!! after i caught up, it was clear who was runnin who!!! I WENT FROM 1/2 CAR BEHIND TO SIDE BY SIDE AND THEN SOME ALL THE WHILE I WAS WALKIN AWAY FROM HIM HARD,,,,,HE FINALLY BAILED! my strongest accleleration zone is between 35 and 90... SO IT WAS A GOOD RACE!!!! plus im basically stock i have a few mod's...
Do you have any idea what a 350Z has under the hood?

I really can't believe this story, sounds like too much BS... but to avoid a conflict I'll give you, and your poor writing skills, the benefit of the doubt and say nice kill.
And you got all antsy at me for calling an integra with carbon fiber, HIDs, and fart can (he probably had a wing, too), a "ricer."
Old 01-23-2006, 10:18 AM
DVan8504
1st Gear Member

Seems like a lot of you guys are running into 350zs lately. They're no jokes, but eventually people will realize that. I don't necessarily blame thehourg for seeing Japanese car and thinking that it's "just a ricer," but just remember, that's not always the case, and there are plenty of imports that will kill v8s.

If that 350z driver was driving well, then very nice kill.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:23 AM
04_Sixer
3rd Gear Member

What the hell are the mods on the Stang? A f*cking jet engine?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Polonius

Though I haven't raced any Zs, or any Nissans for that matter, I have a stock 98Gt auto Vert and I wouldn't in a million years assume that I could beat or even have a decent race with a 350 Z, the news ones have what 300hp and 260 torque (please correct me if I'm wrong), meaning I have only 30 Lb-ft on him and he has 70 hp on me, not to mention the extra lbs of a vert top. It doesn't sound like you have any mods serious enough to bridge the gap, ( Ie gears, PI swap, etc.) , but hey maybe you just got an extra dose of awesome that morning, who knows?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Nice kills. Of anything, I would think that you should get him w/ your torque and he would start to catch up on the topend but, good kill non the less.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:36 PM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XxphantomsnypzxX

what did ya do to it? and I think the 4.6 sn95 is not the slowest, I can guarantee there is a slower stang, I see too many 99-04s around its nice having an sn95, and on a sidenote today at an intersection I saw a foxbody stang on the other side and he waved as he passed by, I think it was pretty cool cuz its like we are cool like that lol
GT40X aluminum heads ported, polished, and bowl work, GT40 Intake ported and polished, Lunati 51014 cam, 1.6 Roller Rockers, FMS 65mm TB and Adapter ported to Intake, C&L 76mm Mass air, 24lb injectors, March UDP, FMS shorty headers, Bassani X-pipe, 2 Chamber Flows, and 373s in the rear. Anderson FMS PMS and a fully built Aode from monstermotorsports with a B&M ratchet shifter. Plus all my suspension and **** but im not listing that theres still alot more but im not goin on. That should give you a big enough idea... A 350z would rape a bone stock sn95 vert I will tell you that from owning one bone stock theres just no way unless the driver was horrible.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Copperhead_5.0
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: *Blk_96_Stang_GT*

Well what mods do you have? A SN95 Vert is pretty much the slowest mustang in the past 15 or more years.
Faster than a '96 vert. Good kill btw