Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

2013 Kits Suspension pack - Who has ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

Default 2013 Kits Suspension pack - Who has ???

CONVERTIBLE 13 GT...

Looking for springs, Sways, Shock/strut Kit with the logical bits...

Does anyone have a Kit ready??
Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

You are probably going to be more frustrated with my reply, but what are your ULTIMATE goals here? DD, DD with some twisties, DD with LOTS of twisties, or hardcore ripping da corners in AX kinda twisties?

I don't always recommend sway bars, so what kind of driving do you do?

Jazzer
Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

Not frustrated by that at all...

I do know my *** from a hole in the ground, but only so far as the relative thump my *** feels when actually driving over the hole... Not necessarily what causes that feeling to change a lot.

DD with lots of twists. I'm coming from a BMW 1m and m3 and love the handling there quick, precision and very low roll... But I don't want overly harsh... In fact a little smoother would be nice.

I also want the drop... The cars just plain sit too high for any reasonable wheel to fill.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

OK.... to compete with your expectations of having been driving an M3, you are gonna need to rid that 4-link out back! You just won't get anywhere near your expectations without addressing that mess. My recommendation would be a WL or PHB and TA. I suppose you could go Steeda 5-link, but am just not a fan, from the relatively little I know about them.

You are gonna want some nice shocks/struts and would lean you toward Koni or Bilsteins in a CO. Now.... you WONT maintain the quality of ride making the Mustang compete with an M3, there is just no way to avoid the NVH.

My recommendation would be to look to Griggs Racing or Maximum Motorsports. Griggs will cost you a lot more, but at the top of the food chain, when it comes to making a Mustang rip corners. MM makes a Grip Box and would recommend the Maximum version, in your case. Griggs makes the GR-40 and either will get you passing that M3 with enough $$$ and sacrifice in ride quality.

What say you?

Jazzer
Old 04-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Frustration
Not frustrated by that at all...

I do know my *** from a hole in the ground, but only so far as the relative thump my *** feels when actually driving over the hole... Not necessarily what causes that feeling to change a lot.

DD with lots of twists. I'm coming from a BMW 1m and m3 and love the handling there quick, precision and very low roll... But I don't want overly harsh... In fact a little smoother would be nice.

I also want the drop... The cars just plain sit too high for any reasonable wheel to fill.
Drop AND smoother ride? That is pretty contradictory in any car including a mustang. If the car is set up for twists you will get the same or harsher ride. There's just no way around that and CO's are a MUST to achive the same existing ride while looking to set the car up the way you want.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:41 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Frustration,

We are starting to look over the 2013 and will take the suspension to the next level like we have with Mustangs from previous years. Here is a quick video about what we did with a 2011 Mustang and what it was able to achieve. We can get you a great ride with great handling.

http://www.steedablog.com/2011/10/mm...ck-with-a-5-0/

PM if you would like Steeda to start putting some items together for you?

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

Jaz, I say (afetr slobbering on the keyboard) I might be screwed.

one thing I want to try and accomplish is keeping what I do under 2k(parts). Past that and I'm better off staying in the car I'm in in the case I need 4-5K to pull off similar handling. But then it is what it is.

I may need to be a little more reasonable...

I understand that dropping the same car and making things stiffer means a rougher ride, I meant that after droping and making the mustang turn a little better it would be "nice" if the ride quality were similar or better to the M. I have no time in a modified 11-12-13 Mustang to know if that's reasonable and if not, it is what it is...

TJ I will send a PM. Thanks!