SVT Forums

Bama Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

you def should get a tune for your 03 with a pulley you basically need it!

i have no doubt that you have experience and done that many cars and your prolly one of the best mail order tuners out there..

but your argument that you have fixed many botched dyno tunes is prolly true but the guy that did my car has fixed many botched mail order tunes or improved them from being able to see the data...but the guy i went to has been around for i think round 10 yrs and is one of the most well known dyno tuners in ohio...he has done thousands of mustangs and mustangs are one of his biggest costomers not to mention all diff cars too...so to throw your local dyno guy or a couple bad ones together and say they all dont have much experience is light saying all mail order guys are bad cause there a some horrid mail orders out there

i do hope you can get your test done with a great dyno tuner...i also know there are many ways to cheat the statistics advance the timing alittle where the dyno guy didnt or add alittle here take away alittle here....even the dyno guy can cheat your tune or you can find a dyno that only does ten mustangs a year like you said....you need to find someone comparable to your experience and numbers of tunes with a great rep such as your own

this is gonna be a never ending battle here lol....im sure there are plenty of town or states that dont have experienced dynos and your tune just blows everything outta the water but theres also places like mine that have an amazing dyno...so in saying that maybe we should just agree to disagree lol
Old 05-13-2012, 04:59 PM
cobraman88

I just got the sct sf3/x3 tuner with bama tunes and they're awesome! The race tune easily adds 30hp to my amost stock cobra. She will light up the tires in 2nd. The difference over a stock tune is night and day. My gas mileage also went up by 6mpg with the street tune. I cant be happier with bama for the tunes and i highly recommend to anyone interested in a t
une.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:52 PM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

ive gotten two tunes for two different cars. One a v6 and one my 03 cobra. So i got to feel both different power gains and let me tell you. Its so worth it, i feel my car louder and more aggressive and its a monster.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:57 PM
notorious p.i.g
1st Gear Member

Well I guess this will be kind of on topic...I have an sct x3 that came with a gt I had, now I have a cobra with just a few bolt on's and 4:10's ( I think! ) I want to order some tunes for it but I can't tell if the tuner is locked or not..every post I've searched says it will say "married or un-married" but it doesn't! Any suggestions? I want to go ahead and order my tunes and be able to adjust my speedo for the gears but I don't have $150 to just throw away if it is locked!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:43 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

For the past 3 months I have been using the bama performace tune, Even when you started the car it would roar to life, loud and angry. I knew that had to be in the tune. We will find out in the morning when its cold and crisp. Both my neighbors told me its their new alarm clock. But they're cool. The perforamce tune is unleashed, off the chain, gains like crazy at 3k up. the last 1K before redline doesnt let up either, shifts like a monster. enthused about the race and hybrid tune now
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 AM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

yea totally worth it they have tuned thousands of stangs they got it dialed in!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM
adrift

I got a Bama SF3 yesterday for my 96 GT with 4.10 gears. One of the reasons I wanted the tuner was to fix my speedometer which is off because of the gears, but the SF3 apparently doesn't fix speedometers on pre-99 SN95s (which I confirmed with Bama's customer support).

There's definitely more kick in the butt when I accelerate, but I'm not use to how hard the shift points are even with the "street" tune selected. Something I'll just have to get used to.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Bryan Morales

I have a 2001 cobra N/A. I have recently put on BBK LTs with a BBK o/r x-pipe. I do have a JLT CAI on it too. everything else is stock. I have gotten an sct tuner from AM with bama tunes. and ive gone back n forth from the street tune and performance tune, but one thing that is common on both tunes it the lack of acceleration. when i had my stock manifolds and pipes my car would get up n go, but now its like it just drags. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th i would have the pedal pinned and the rpms would just creep up. idk if its because of the tune or i did something wrong. car just doesnt feel the same anymore. if anyone could help id be appreciated. if not then ill just have to wait til next month to get it in a dyno shop.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:28 PM
notorious p.i.g
1st Gear Member

Long tubes and the off road x are more for top end power, maybe that has something to do with it. I have an 01 too and as much as I hate to say it, our cars are slow. I have 4.10's and it still feels slow, I can't imagine driving this thing with stock gears. I've read that you can get a kind of hybrid tune that might help some with bottom end power, but I don't know how much it would help
Old 06-24-2013, 10:32 AM
EChydro

After reading bama seems like it is worth the shoot.

Quick Reply: Bama Tunes