SVT Forums

Do these seem like good deals on terminators?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 02:59 PM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Default Do these seem like good deals on terminators?

Alright so i may have the possibility of upgrading from my 2007 GT/CS to a Terminator. I could only do this if i could break even. I figure i could probably get around $16k for my car (07 GTCS Great Condition with 75k miles) and i found these on CL. And i figure i can probably talk these guys down to at least 16k or maybe even less.
http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/3888698280.html
http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/3924120861.html
Old 08-05-2013, 03:13 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Done with the GT/CS already??
Old 08-05-2013, 03:15 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Buying Terminators can be tricky... Even when you find a lower mileage Termi, not only is it a 10 year old car, but it was probably driven hard. Of course, it's hard to resist in any supercharged car with 400hp.

Regardless, my point is to make sure you check the engine over very well. I could check the compression of each cylinder before pulling the trigger. If you have any mechanically skilled friends, bring them along for the ride!

Good luck! The Terminator is one of my favorite Mustangs of all times.

Shane
Old 08-05-2013, 03:19 PM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Done with the GT/CS already??
well, it probably won't happen. It was more of a hypothetical thing me and my dad were discussing. I just happened to find these two in my price range. But they were probably dogged or high mileage considering the blue one doesn't have the miles listed and the red one has different rear wheels so i'm assuming he drag races it. But i love my GT/CS, its just if i had an opportunity to get a termi for no extra cost i would take it.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:22 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by '02gtgarrett
well, it probably won't happen. It was more of a hypothetical thing me and my dad were discussing. I just happened to find these two in my price range. But they were probably dogged or high mileage considering the blue one doesn't have the miles listed and the red one has different rear wheels so i'm assuming he drag races it. But i love my GT/CS, its just if i had an opportunity to get a termi for no extra cost i would take it.
Yeah, I'm with you on that, but exactly like you and Shane said, Terminators were really only bought by people who wanted to go fast, so most of them have probably been run hard at least a few times. You can only really tell by going to take a look and inspecting it closely. If there's aftermarket work, check the quality of the work, etc.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 PM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Yeah, I'm with you on that, but exactly like you and Shane said, Terminators were really only bought by people who wanted to go fast, so most of them have probably been run hard at least a few times. You can only really tell by going to take a look and inspecting it closely. If there's aftermarket work, check the quality of the work, etc.
Yeah will do if i go look at any. But i will probably throw on axlebacks and a tune and cai on the CS and be happy.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

I personally think that you would have to look at both Terminators very closely!!

The SB Cobra has a brand new T-56 (26 spline -nice!!), 3.73's .... which is nice, but why where they replaced??!! To be honest, 3.55's are perfect in these cars!! - NO miles listed, price not bad!!

The RF Cobra has a few nice goodies with 44k miles ... not bad!! Not a fan of those Pia fog lights though!

Looking at these 2 cars on paper, I'd lean towards the RF Cobra .... Good luck!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:44 PM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Timspony
I personally think that you would have to look at both Terminators very closely!!

The SB Cobra has a brand new T-56 (26 spline -nice!!), 3.73's .... which is nice, but why where they replaced??!! To be honest, 3.55's are perfect in these cars!! - NO miles listed, price not bad!!

The RF Cobra has a few nice goodies with 44k miles ... not bad!! Not a fan of those Pia fog lights though!

Yea. I just texted the guy with the blue one. Im gonna try the red one next. I'm just a sucker for sonic blue! Lol
Old 08-07-2013, 12:28 AM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

So the blue one never texted back. Tomorrow im gonna try the red one. Hopefully everything checks out. But this all depends on me getting rid of my car. again.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:31 AM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Timspony

One question. On the Red one, what is a viper high torque transmission?

Quick Reply: Do these seem like good deals on terminators?