Help me THR

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:06 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Default Help me THR

How strong is the stock crank in a 03 2v 4.6? I burnt a valve so I'm going to pull the motor and would like to install forged rods and pistons at least but would like to keep the factory crank if possible. Have you guys ever had a car in there with a broken crank? If so then how much hp was the car running to break it? I've got a p-1 procharger and would like to run 12 lbs of boost and about a 100 shot to get me around 550 rwhp. If you don't think the factory crank can handle this please let me know. Also, do you guys sell short blocks or recommend any rotation assembly kits? I would like to run somewhere around 9.5 compression and I will run the crower stage 2 blower cams. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:37 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help me THR

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

How strong is the stock crank in a 03 2v 4.6? I burnt a valve so I'm going to pull the motor and would like to install forged rods and pistons at least but would like to keep the factory crank if possible. Have you guys ever had a car in there with a broken crank? If so then how much hp was the car running to break it? I've got a p-1 procharger and would like to run 12 lbs of boost and about a 100 shot to get me around 550 rwhp. If you don't think the factory crank can handle this please let me know. Also, do you guys sell short blocks or recommend any rotation assembly kits? I would like to run somewhere around 9.5 compression and I will run the crower stage 2 blower cams. Thanks in advance.
I'll tell you right now.... Brian will most likely reccomend the motor they did for me.... 283ci Fordged Pistons, Rods, Beams, etcand Nodular Crank. Its a very good motor for up to 650 ponies which is more then enough to satisfy me. I've heard of stories where some have even hit the 700 horespower mark with that nodular crank and it still hasn't broken it. Their fordged crank motor is only a few hundered dollars more expensive so if you wanna get that just in case, go for it.

Here's a little pic of my motor...

BTW..... The Bumboclaat isbuilt to hit or exceed500rwhp with 12psi and VT blowercams along with THR's tune..... Throw on a set of Heads and thats another 30 more ponies..... You don't need 100 shot worth of nitrous to get you to 550rwhp.If you really want that.... Get the 8-rib pulley swap and squeeze another 2 to 4 psi outta your P-1. Those things, regardless of what people say, can do more. You don't have to go D-1. Unless you want rediculously stupid horsepower.

Here's a Vidof me andTHR's coupe w/ P-1 Procharger and 499rwhp. And this is an SN95 on a stock block!

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=MVI_1200.flv

Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Oh damn.... I just realized you had 4.30 gears........ Are you sure you want more boost? lol

You grab traction at like what..... 3rd gear or something? lol
Old 04-12-2007, 02:53 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

I love it!!! Good for 650 hp is perfect. I've allready talked to them about there stage 2 blower cams and that's what I'm going with. I will run 12 lbs of boost as well. So, you think with this engine 500 hp can be made with 12 lbs of boost? What kit exactly did you go with and what compression ratio are you running? As for the 4.30 gears and traction, I love them. I'm running the hoosier drag radials and run 7.81 in the 1/8 th with a 1.63 60 ft.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

What's wrong with there website? I can't get it to pull up.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

I love it!!! Good for 650 hp is perfect. I've allready talked to them about there stage 2 blower cams and that's what I'm going with. I will run 12 lbs of boost as well. So, you think with this engine 500 hp can be made with 12 lbs of boost? What kit exactly did you go with and what compression ratio are you running? As for the 4.30 gears and traction, I love them. I'm running the hoosier drag radials and run 7.81 in the 1/8 th with a 1.63 60 ft.
just PMed ya!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:10 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

What's wrong with there website? I can't get it to pull up.
http://www.texashotrods.com