Texas Regional Chapter Chapter President: ODDYSEY

2013 Mustang GT Clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 01:26 PM
edstang2013

Default 2013 Mustang GT Clutch issues

I have a 2013 GT Prem and only has 6500 miles on it. Over the past month I noticed that clutch pressure changes depending on RPM range and sometimes seems to not dissengadge all the way. I spoke to dealer about it and said it was pretty normal. I also noticed clutch seemd to be clunky or noisy when I am at low speeds with windows down and is pretty darn loud. During the last few weeks it startted giving me hard shifts when going into third. I would sometyimes have to double clutch or attempts 2 or 3 times to get it into third. Last week when I was shiffting from 2 to 3, I gave it WOT once in third and it jumped out of gear. I pressed clutch in to put back in gear and would not go into any gear. After turning off and and putting in gear with motor off I was able to drive to parking lot and call dealer. The next day I went to dealer as it was closed on sunday to make sure wrecker left the car in safe place, at this time I got in car, had decent clutch pressure and could drive. when clutch was in you would hear a rubbing or scratching noise. I left car to find out a week later FORD wants $400 to inspect my car inwhich would not be charged if under warranty. I baught every warranty possible from Ford when I baught the car new from dealer. At this time I was told everything would be covered now they tell me clutch insnt covered nor can they tell what is worng. If it is the clutch they tell me it will be $1800 repair!! wow, car is 4.5 months old and has 6500 miles on it. No clutch smell was every incured nor did it ever slip. I am 38 and have been driving a manual transmission since I waa 14. I have had three clutches go out in my life in which too were in an old S-10 pickup with too much power to stock setup.

ANY HELP!!!! ANYONE having these issues. Any advice???
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

If there is another dealer around in your area, I would take it there. Its a known problem with the 11-13 cars. I had mine replaced on my 12 with no questions asked. Also had a new transmission installed. Didn't cost me a dime either. Both tickets were covered under warranty.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:22 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Your dealer is ripping you off. Take advice of poster above.

Please use paragraphs as its hard to read w/o them. More peeps willing to help if you make it easier for us to read your post.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 AM
edstang2013

Originally Posted by FrostByte
Your dealer is ripping you off. Take advice of poster above.

Please use paragraphs as its hard to read w/o them. More peeps willing to help if you make it easier for us to read your post.
I would love to post pics buy I dO not have any yet. They are pulling down tranny now. I've already called Ford direct and they tell me that they will wave the $400 inpection fee if the problem is warranty related! I'm stuck at this point. I would like to know the dealers info that covered this issue frOm the other post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:46 AM
edstang2013

Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel
If there is another dealer around in your area, I would take it there. Its a known problem with the 11-13 cars. I had mine replaced on my 12 with no questions asked. Also had a new transmission installed. Didn't cost me a dime either. Both tickets were covered under warranty.
Can I get that dealers infO from you. Would be great help to speak to someone who understands the issue. My clutch is no burnt out yet and that's why I took it in so the issue would be know and not blame me for a burnt clutch!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

What part of Texas do you live in? You can call Mac Haik Ford and speak to them about it.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 AM
edstang2013

Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel
What part of Texas do you live in? You can call Mac Haik Ford and speak to them about it.

The car is at Champions now, but I do know a few people at Mac Haik as well. Just had a bad experience in body shop their once that actualy wasn't their fault just hurt to see my truck half burnt down when they had that bIg fire.
Who do you recommend I speak to over there. I only know the parts manager Joseph.
Didn't know you lived in Houston as well. Hit me up on my cell if you feel like you cam assist and have a free moment.

So far Champions is trying to work with ne but today will be the final determination from them as to warranty and what's wrong exactly. I truly feel like the pressure plate has been hanging and heating up. It finally broke a finger off IMO.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

I don't live in Houston anymore. I moved and have been in Waco for a few years now. It shouldn't matter who you talk to at Mac Haik, they will take care of you. The guy I knew no longer works there anymore.

Just make sure they don't flag the car in a negative way. If they claim that it is driver abuse and put that information into Oasis, then it will become a real headache for you.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 PM
edstang2013

No news today! Told me it would be in the am now. Did tell the Dealer that other dealers have warrantied this repair and as to what extent. I feel like they are trying to work with me but truly can't judge until the results are in.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Give them (dealer) & FORD a link to this thread & tell them you will keep bumping it until you are satisfied.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang GT Clutch issues