Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Just got a 2016 Mustang GT Premium and I have some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Joescat

I think I answered one of my questions . . . I have the "Enhanced Security Package" . . . which is to include an electronic locking center console. Ahhh, that's the other "click" I've been hearing. I have yet to test it in the car, tomorrow . . . and I was disappointed the lock was gone and moved to the glovebox . . . if it locks automatically, that's awesome! Now I can stash my stuff in there and not have to deal with the physical key! Woot.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:32 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I wish you could get at least a little excited over your new Mustang!
Old 10-12-2015, 04:21 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Josecat,

Thank you so much! That was super helpful! So mislock is the audible warning when the doors/trunk is unable to properly lock and not the "autolock" feature?

BTW - What PSI is everyone running their stock tires at (19" Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season, not the 20" summer tire package)? I just noticed that my dealer has mine at 39 PSI while the door says to keep them at 32 PSI...? Should I drop them down to 32?
Old 10-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
I wish you could get at least a little excited over your new Mustang!

Who's not excited?
Old 10-13-2015, 07:12 AM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spork3245
Josecat,

Thank you so much! That was super helpful! So mislock is the audible warning when the doors/trunk is unable to properly lock and not the "autolock" feature?

BTW - What PSI is everyone running their stock tires at (19" Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season, not the 20" summer tire package)? I just noticed that my dealer has mine at 39 PSI while the door says to keep them at 32 PSI...? Should I drop them down to 32?
Its really up to you. Higher inflation will mean a easier roll, meaning less friction and work to roll the tire, meaning better fuel economy and faster acceleration. Although it is negligible unless compared to super under-inflated tire.

A less inflated tire gives you a smoother ride. However, the more deflated you get, the more the opposite of the things mentioned above occurs.

All tires have a max pressure rating on the tires. Check out that number and don't go over it. My Pirellis have a max pressure of 51PSI so I typically keep my tires in the mid 40s, around 45-48.

I know a lot of people think the max pressure means, if you put it at 52psi it will blow. Not really. Its more along the lines saying that that tire will still capable of maximizing its potential up to 51PSI, meaning this is the max pressure you should put it and it still works well. Some say that maxing out the pressure would mean that when you hit a pot hole, you could blow the tire. I would find it hard to imagine that a tire company wouldn't consider pot whole when designing tires. But just to be safe, I keep it about 5 - 6 psi under it max. 36PSI was a recommendation by the car company that hasn't changed in decades.

Whatever you decide to do, just don't under or over inflate. It causes excessive wear and loss of handling.

Here are a computer google images to give you an idea of both.
http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/tyres/tyre-pressure

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...-9-27-1-a.html
Old 10-14-2015, 08:26 AM
Joescat

Originally Posted by Spork3245
Your of course welcome Spork3245! I hope I didn't give any misinformation, so much of the current model year is undocumented.
I'm still testing the "Mislock" item . . . it doesn't seem to be behaving the way I've read. I locked mine with the remote, with both a door ajar and the trunk open, and no horn warning. Now I'm back to doubting exactly what that feature is again.

Can anyone read and cite what the PSI info is on the side of the 19" summer Pirelli's? The text is SO tiny I've yet to get a good enough look. I even used my phone app to magnify it, but still cannot make out what it reads!

Mine too arrived from the dealership at 40 all around. I brought it down to 36psi for now (cold).
Old 10-14-2015, 10:25 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Run what the door sticker says with stock tires.

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
Its really up to you. Higher inflation will mean a easier roll, meaning less friction and work to roll the tire, meaning better fuel economy and faster acceleration. Although it is negligible unless compared to super under-inflated tire.

A less inflated tire gives you a smoother ride. However, the more deflated you get, the more the opposite of the things mentioned above occurs.

All tires have a max pressure rating on the tires. Check out that number and don't go over it. My Pirellis have a max pressure of 51PSI so I typically keep my tires in the mid 40s, around 45-48.

I know a lot of people think the max pressure means, if you put it at 52psi it will blow. Not really. Its more along the lines saying that that tire will still capable of maximizing its potential up to 51PSI, meaning this is the max pressure you should put it and it still works well. Some say that maxing out the pressure would mean that when you hit a pot hole, you could blow the tire. I would find it hard to imagine that a tire company wouldn't consider pot whole when designing tires. But just to be safe, I keep it about 5 - 6 psi under it max. 36PSI was a recommendation by the car company that hasn't changed in decades.

Whatever you decide to do, just don't under or over inflate. It causes excessive wear and loss of handling.

Here are a computer google images to give you an idea of both.
http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/tyres/tyre-pressure

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...-9-27-1-a.html

Yes running higher pressure than what the tire sidewall says is max can cause a blowout. That number is the max pressure the tires plys can handle before starting to seperate and fail.

The door recommendation has to do with the vehicles weight with load and the stock tires load rating for optimum wear. Stock sized replacent tires should be run close to this pressure as well depending on tire wear.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joescat
Your of course welcome Spork3245! I hope I didn't give any misinformation, so much of the current model year is undocumented.
I'm still testing the "Mislock" item . . . it doesn't seem to be behaving the way I've read. I locked mine with the remote, with both a door ajar and the trunk open, and no horn warning. Now I'm back to doubting exactly what that feature is again.

Can anyone read and cite what the PSI info is on the side of the 19" summer Pirelli's? The text is SO tiny I've yet to get a good enough look. I even used my phone app to magnify it, but still cannot make out what it reads!

Mine too arrived from the dealership at 40 all around. I brought it down to 36psi for now (cold).
I searched the model/size online and the max PSI for the tire seems to be 51, so the 40 is likely safe, but like you I'm going to drop down to 36-38.

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Run what the door sticker says with stock tires.

Yes running higher pressure than what the tire sidewall says is max can cause a blowout. That number is the max pressure the tires plys can handle before starting to seperate and fail.

The door recommendation has to do with the vehicles weight with load and the stock tires load rating for optimum wear. Stock sized replacent tires should be run close to this pressure as well depending on tire wear.

Well the rating on the door says to keep the tires at 32, which seems super low to me. I think I'll keep them at 36-38 unless you think that's a bad idea?
Old 10-14-2015, 04:48 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Ford didn't just pick some random number to put in the door jam. Run the pressure printed inside the door jam if you have the stock tires. Even if you have replaced them with stock size or even an optionally available size start with the door jam pressure and adjust according to tire wear pattern.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joescat

Hey Josecat,

Looks like "mislock" is the "autolock" feature where the doors automatically lock after 45 seconds... At least in Fusions, but I don't think Ford would call it something else in the Mustang?
http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/top...onal-settings/

EDIT: Hmm... Maybe Ford did change what it does in Mustang's...? http://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/60...g.html?page=60
I'm so confused right now. I asked my sales rep at the dealership and he seems to have no clue either... Maybe I should just call Ford directly

Last edited by Spork3245; 10-19-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Just got a 2016 Mustang GT Premium and I have some questions!