Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015-2016 Mustang GT Changes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 09:07 AM
calipony

Default 2015-2016 Mustang GT Changes?

I've been out of the game for a bit, but now I'm back... I'm looking to buy a 2016 Mustang GT Auto. But I'm curious what, if any changes were made from 2015 to 2016...? Trying to get back up to speed with all the different options I'm seeing now. GT Performance Pack, Gauges, no gauges, toggles switches on the dash... It's a lot to swallow... What's good?
Thanks!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:45 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by calipony
I've been out of the game for a bit, but now I'm back... I'm looking to buy a 2016 Mustang GT Auto. But I'm curious what, if any changes were made from 2015 to 2016...? Trying to get back up to speed with all the different options I'm seeing now. GT Performance Pack, Gauges, no gauges, toggles switches on the dash... It's a lot to swallow... What's good?
Thanks!
The biggest differences are the turn signals on the heat vents (super cool, IMO) for the 2016s and of course the 2016s offering Sync 3.0 over the MyFord Touch. Sync 3.0 (if you get navigation) is absolutely wonderful and has the best response time of any car entertainment system dash that I've used, it's response time and intuitiveness is better than Tesla's and is on par with a tablet/smart phone... Plus the voice commands seem to work about 100% of the time now, you can even tell it to change the climate settings so you don't have to mess around with buttons while driving.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:31 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

The Perf Pac is now avail on verts, and also the PP has silver wheel option, PP still not avail with auto.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:21 AM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

And a new color. Shadow Black instead of Black... Yououu (slow clap).
Old 01-22-2016, 12:03 PM
calipony

So, now even more confusion... AK__Kayaker, Perf.Pack Still not available on Autos? Will it ever be, do we know? Also, what all is in it? I'm set on getting an Auto with 3.55's. But I've been hearing hype about the PP on the manuals... What am I really missing? Brembos... Also, Drive modes.. Is this available on Autos? Going crazy looking through all the dealers inventories trying to find my car...
Old 01-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by calipony
So, now even more confusion... AK__Kayaker, Perf.Pack Still not available on Autos? Will it ever be, do we know? Also, what all is in it? I'm set on getting an Auto with 3.55's. But I've been hearing hype about the PP on the manuals... What am I really missing? Brembos... Also, Drive modes.. Is this available on Autos? Going crazy looking through all the dealers inventories trying to find my car...
You're mainly missing the brembos and a firmer suspension (you don't want the firmer suspension on a daily driver anyway in my experience). The Auto's gearing is damn near perfect in my opinion, it also has 4 drive modes via the switch; normal, sports, race/track and winter. An auto in sports mode is faster than the manuals btw.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:05 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Copy paste from our friends at Ford

"The GT Performance Package includes:
• Strut-tower brace
• Larger radiator
• Unique chassis tuning
• Upsized rear sway bar
• Heavy-duty front springs
• Interior gauge pack (oil pressure and vacuum)
• K brace
• Brembo™ six-piston front brake calipers with larger rotors
• Unique 19” x 9”(F) 19” x 9.5” (R) Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
• Optional 19”x 9”(F) 19” x 9.5” (R) Luster Nickel Aluminum Wheels
• 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19(R) summer-only tires*
• Unique EPAS, ABS and stability control tuning
• 3.73 TORSEN® rear axle"

I think the drive modes come in all the premium models.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:10 PM
calipony

Thanks AK_Kayaker. Good info.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 PM
IslandHopper

I just bought mine ... lucky enough to live near a huge city, so I could search dozens of dealers to find exactly what I wanted.
I don't find the Performance Pack suspension to be too harsh as a street driver (though I'm used to driving a 26 year old pickup or a heavily modded Wrangler, so... ) ... but that won't matter if you're committed to an auto trans.
The bigger brakes were a requirement for me ... but this car will see a lot of time on road-tracks. They're not really necessary for street use, or just stopping at the end of a 1/4 mile.
The PP also includes a front strut-tower-brace and additional undercarriage bracing, but those can also be added aftermarket on an auto car.
Sync3 is WAAAAY better than the (old) MyFordTouch... I have an Explorer with that system and this new Sync3 is so much nicer! I'd say it's worth upgrading to a Premium version just for the Sync3.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:06 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Right below the 5.0 Badge I may put: "A Classic in 2056!"

Quick Reply: 2015-2016 Mustang GT Changes?