Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:09 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Lol, way to counter my point by twisting my words completely off topic. I'm still going to keep my '67, '83 and '11 thank you very much. But that's not to say I don't love the new car.
I think you hit the nail on the head with your earlier post. Give it some time and these same 'naysayers' will be all over the new style.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:57 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
I think you hit the nail on the head with your earlier post. Give it some time and these same 'naysayers' will be all over the new style.
I remember when the 2011 came out and everyone hated the taillights. We were at the track and someone came in with a new 5.0, rolled it out of the trailer with the window sticker still on it. Lined it up and ran in the mid 12's. One of my friends turned and said "you know, I'm liking those taillights more and more now!"
Old 12-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Vyacheslav Molotov

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
And they will be the first in line to hate on the facelift as well. Personally I still like the 2013-2014 taillights the most, and with the depreciation I'll probably just pick up a 2013 Boss rather than a new GT.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:39 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Most of the haters suffer from the "it doesn't look like my car syndrome"! I've owned two 1971 Machs. A 86 GT and the current 95 GT. They all looked different thank god! The new car looks awesome. Does it have some Ford design language built into the front bumper? Sure! But the Dodge Viper rocked the same corporate design crosshairs grill as a Neon. Nobody ever confused a Viper with a Neon now did they?
Old 12-24-2013, 03:00 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Most of the haters suffer from the "it doesn't look like my car syndrome"! I've owned two 1971 Machs. A 86 GT and the current 95 GT. They all looked different thank god! The new car looks awesome. Does it have some Ford design language built into the front bumper? Sure! But the Dodge Viper rocked the same corporate design crosshairs grill as a Neon. Nobody ever confused a Viper with a Neon now did they?
Well, the viper hood also looks completely different than the neon (and those srt4's can be nasty in their own right, LOL).

Change is good, I don't like that it looks like every other Ford now from the front and that it was the last model to take on the evos design. But it really doesn't matter because I am not who Ford is targeting to sell this to, they want to get people who have never owned a mustang or are at least 10 years back, not to mention the rental car fleet. I think it's going to be funny when we see the first 4-door ford modded to clone a mustang with all the badges and everything, taurus sho would be a good contender with an all wheel drive. LOL. I almost wish I had the cash to do it and show up to a mustang show... but not quite.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:34 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

People saying I'm a hater and that I don't like it because it's new and blah blah blah, you're missing the point I'm trying to get across: I don't like it because it looks like ANOTHER CAR. For what I believe to be the most anticipated domestic in recent years, you would think they wouldn't recycle the front end design.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:21 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
People saying I'm a hater and that I don't like it because it's new and blah blah blah, you're missing the point I'm trying to get across: I don't like it because it looks like ANOTHER CAR. For what I believe to be the most anticipated domestic in recent years, you would think they wouldn't recycle the front end design.
No one is missing your point. Your point has been discussed in this thread. This is not the first Mustang to carry the Ford corporate design theme and it won't be the last. While this car does have similarities to the Fusion and even the Taurus, Focus and Fiesta, it definitely has its own identity. If you really have trouble identify this car as a Mustang then in my opinion, you have a very naive view on car design.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:32 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

No one on this thread is right or wrong, to say I'm naive is naive in itself. Almost everything stated on this forum is a matter of opinion so no need to get all butthurt over someone else's being different from yours. Maybe I'll like it more after I see a kit that replaces pretty much everything cosmetically....
Old 12-29-2013, 03:39 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

It is growing on me. I want to see it in person. I like my 2010 styling better, but I don't dislike the 2015. I am taking the design for what it is: the next mustang. We can't just keep having a revised retro design. Look at how the corvette keeps evolving, and people keep buying them... I think the same goes for the 2015 mustang. People will warm up to it, and you will see a huge flood of s197's on the market, but not mine.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:12 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Here’s the underlying issue that is the reason a lot of Mustang fans are not really happy with the new design, “its ero design que’s” These ero que’s have taken the S550 Mustang from an American Muscle car “design wise” and placed it into the import/ero sports car arena “design wise”.

Ford did this for good reason so they can promote the car to a global market place. Without this departure from a pure American Muscle design this global marketing venture would fall short.

Those who like import/ero designs are going to love this hybrid of sports car & muscle car but, those of us who like a Mustang that has a heavy use of traditional Mustang design que’s so no matter what angle you view the car from its immediately recognizable as a Mustang are not going to be too crazy about it.

Quick Reply: Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread