Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 07:13 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

They should have kept the tailights and hood vents from the last model. The tail lights look out-dated already and un-creative. The last gens were amazing looking.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:46 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

I'm upset for two reasons

1.A retractable top model is not an option.

2.The same guy that does the exterior design, does the interior design.The interior sucks *****

I like the power output and engine options.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:27 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aode08

2.The same guy that does the exterior design, does the interior design.The interior sucks *****

I agree, the interior is just cluttered with buttons and the base model is a little bland compared to other cars in the category. I've never been a rag top fan but I didn't know that, I'm sure plenty of people wanted a convertible.

The available motors are definitely impressive, although we haven't seen them all running yet. I'm not going to argue the car will a beast, but an ugly beast to me...
Old 01-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I want to go on record thanking Ford for the 2015 Mustang!

After comparing my 2008 Mustang to the 2015 Mustang Ford just saved me a lot of money! I hope the Europeans like it, because I think it is a step backward! It will likely drive great, but it is almost not a Mustang anymore! But then look what Ford did to the original Thunderbird! Look at a '57 T-Bird and look at the last Thunderturd! Embarrassing!

I wonder if there would be a market for a '57 Thunderbird with a supercharged 5.0 L and upgraded mechanicals & electronics! Sign me up for one right now!

Old Mr. D
Old 01-06-2014, 04:57 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
If you don't like the skinny headlights, how do you ever look at a New Edge? We've had 'em before. I like the car. No, it doesn't look like the current model. It's not supposed to.

And, now just to give you nightmares, I give you the Fustang...

this is so wrong...on so many levels...
Old 01-06-2014, 05:04 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
I remember when the 2011 came out and everyone hated the taillights. We were at the track and someone came in with a new 5.0, rolled it out of the trailer with the window sticker still on it. Lined it up and ran in the mid 12's. One of my friends turned and said "you know, I'm liking those taillights more and more now!"
I wasn't too crazy about the tail either, I liked the 05-09 better. But then I realized...I don't see the tail from the drivers seat...and that 412 hp 5.0 engine made up for a lot of ills.

As far as the new cars go, I wish they had kept some of the old styling cues and I'm not over the top about some of the new ones, but overall it's not a bad looking package. I think it will grow on us.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:57 AM
steev
2nd Gear Member

Oh, Mr. D.

The Thunderbird of the early 2000s was a problem because it was a really bad retro-modern design. If Ford didn't have to buckle to the beancounters and were able to put in the Independent Rear Suspension that they designed the S197 with from the start, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

Instead, I think that a 2016 Mustang GT in 2018 might be a car to upgrade to. Because Ford wasn't comparing this car against a Camaro but chassis like the 3 series coupe.

I'm sure you'll remember the original Mustang had 'european' styling, and as you said before, even the V8 was seen as a secretary's car by your peers back then.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:26 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

I'm not sure were you get your info, but ford still shows a ragtop on the 2015 page, and I for one like the interior,
especially with the dual gauges replacing the center vent option.

And according to Ford just cause they are going to sell them globally, they did not try to cater to the world market,
which is a lot more than just Europe.

And rumor has it they will offer a solid rear in the body in white track cars, which could easily lead to a Ford Racing conversion kit,
but that is still just a rumor.
And as always Ford please give us a better blue, Vista would be fine.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:52 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steev
Oh, Mr. D.

The Thunderbird of the early 2000s was a problem because it was a really bad retro-modern design. If Ford didn't have to buckle to the beancounters and were able to put in the Independent Rear Suspension that they designed the S197 with from the start, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

Instead, I think that a 2016 Mustang GT in 2018 might be a car to upgrade to. Because Ford wasn't comparing this car against a Camaro but chassis like the 3 series coupe.

I'm sure you'll remember the original Mustang had 'european' styling, and as you said before, even the V8 was seen as a secretary's car by your peers back then.
Agreed! But.... you mean you couldn't enjoy having a '57 T-Bird with modern (hidden away upgrades) and a supercharged 5.0L. & 6 Speed tranny! I don't believe that!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:36 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
I'm not sure were you get your info, but ford still shows a ragtop on the 2015 page,
I think that what he means is a retractable HARD top, rather than a traditional convertible.

Quick Reply: Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread