Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
You for real?!?!
I don't even care for the new model. Didn't you get the freaking memo??
Unlike some, I just don't whine about it all over the section, mmmmkay... hence the handy maxi pad support.
And insult to who? Was my post directed to a female member? If Slammintone is a female then she needs to let me know so I can apologize... on the condition that she stops whining all over the threads.
And who are you anyway, it's twice (at least) that you get bent out of shape on posts not even directed at you.

WE DON'T NEED A FORUM MOMMY!
Got it?
Yeah, what he said, we dont need a forum mommy. I can take the stupid maxi pad reference. Just because the moderator is a douchebag riceburner loving asswipe doesn't mean he can't take a joke too right Pascale?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:09 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
There are actually some good posts in your thread (83gtragtop and others come to mind) including yours and that's why we didn't lock it or move it...
Some folks like yourself, were able to comment about their dislike of the car and made good points without making asses of themselves by posting "it's rice or it's a pig" etc...
The car has cues from a Fusion sure, but it doesn't make it ugly.
I mean, the Fusion isn't really ugly. Better looking than a Camry or other 4 door equivalent IMO.
I do love the retro look on any cars but how long can you keep it going short of making a duplicate?
Look at the VW bug, the Mini... they're not so retro anymore, especially the Mini, yikes.
The new Fiat 500 was all retro and now it comes in 4 doors, a year later or so?
When you compare the new Stang to those, it's still a win.

I appreciate that, I guess some people just can't be trusted with a keyboard.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:54 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Slammintone
Yeah, what he said, we dont need a forum mommy. I can take the stupid maxi pad reference. Just because the moderator is a douchebag riceburner loving asswipe doesn't mean he can't take a joke too right Pascale?
Internet suicide eh?
Enjoy your time out and when you come back if you don't shape up, you're gone for good.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:27 AM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

From strictly a looks perspective i don't like it as much as the current design. but that doesn't mean it's not a great car. sure there are similarities between the mustang and the fusion...exactly the same way as dodge has that cross in every grille they make or chevy has the single bar that goes across every grille they make. it's just like someone said...design language.

I'm not going to buy one. not because i don't like the way it looks but because i don't need one. I'm VERY curious to see what the GT500 will look like.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:02 AM
JimC

I was talking with some of the aftermarket reps last night during Detroit Autorama set up. There are several companies already working on new designs for the hood - and it sounded like they have some good ideas in the hopper. Couldn't show me any designs of course and couldn't give any details - just that they are looking at some things and should have options out shortly after the 2015 hits the sales floor.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:18 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

I'm sure with tweaks it can look better, everything can. By the way Nathan I don't believe Shelby is going to be making a car for this model, but we'll more than likely be getting a Roush, and I'm sure Saleen's flashy *** will be all over it.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

Call it what they want...whatever the SVT ends up being.

Cobra? Boss? Mach 1? whatever. frankly i'd like to see a full lineup of options like that. base mustang, mustang gt, mustang mach1, boss mustang, mustang cobra.

Last edited by nathansmith50; 03-07-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:31 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nathansmith50
From strictly a looks perspective i don't like it as much as the current design. but that doesn't mean it's not a great car. sure there are similarities between the mustang and the fusion...exactly the same way as dodge has that cross in every grille they make or chevy has the single bar that goes across every grille they make. it's just like someone said...design language.

I'm not going to buy one. not because i don't like the way it looks but because i don't need one. I'm VERY curious to see what the GT500 will look like.
The GT350 is in the current Car & driver. Very sharp. It has a few more of the Mustang design cues that the hard core guys seam to miss.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:11 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

It's 2009 all over again.

I'd like to personally thank pascal for trying to keep the whining and the hate down a bit, I wish someone would have done it back then.

When the 2010 came out, the comments here were so vitriolic it got old quick. I read "when I see the 2010 I throw up in my mouth" comments so many times, I thought this was a bulimia support group forum for a while.

There was even one doofus here that claimed that "anyone who says they like the 2010 over the 2005-09 body style is lying."

I haven't seen him around lately, it's been nice.

This whole thing seems to be a curious trait among Mustang owners. I'm member of a Vette forum, and the C5 owners don't seem nearly as deranged as some of the 05-09 Mustang guys. Not saying all 05-09 owners are like that, but if there's attitude and crappy comments flying around on this site, there's a good chance it's from one of those guys.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:44 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Wait! someone thanking Me?!?!
Thanks Raven but yeah, I remember the douchebagerry about the rear end of the 2010.
We locked almost every other thread and give out infractions to a bunch of hard headed bozos.

This section is gonna be like that for a while until the new cars begin to flood the Forum and its owners start to get active.

Quick Reply: Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread