Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > The New S550 2015 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The New S550 2015 Mustang Discussions on the upcoming next generation of the Ford Mustang - expected to arrive in 2014 with the platform name S550. Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #21
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM5.0 View Post
FF/MM did an interview with several Ford engineers and during the interviews, the power train engineers said something to the extent of 435BHP is possible.
Personally, I believe 430-435BHP is all we are going to get from the revised Coyote. Even though the S550 Coyote has larger valves, more cam lift, and revised intake and head passageway routing, I seriously doubt that the new Coyote will be factory tuned to more than 430-435BHP. Even though it could hit possibly 450BHP bone stock, I am certain Ford will purposely detune it to no more than 435BHP. Emissions and fuel economy goals are the driving factor for this.
Honestly, nobody buys a mustang for gas mileage. Ford knows this. And if someone is fuel conscious, they will buy the ecoboost. That's the whole point of a 4cyl mustang. With that being said, honestly what do you think will excite people looking at a v8 model. 435 horsepower with 27 mpg on the highway. Or 450 horsepower with 26 highway? No brainer...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Cervinis C-Series Body Kit With Type 4 Ram Air Hood w/ Billet Heat Extractors, Charcoal AMR 20" Wheels w/ Nittos, Painted Red Stripes, 10% Window Tint, blacked out tail lights, HID's, & Black Hood Pins. Interior: Painted And Striped Dashboard, & Sickspeed Shift ****, Pioneer Deck, JL SUB & AMP. Performance: Cervinis Side Exhaust, JLT CAI W/ BAMA Tune, GT500 Rear End (3.73's), & MT-82 Short Throw w/ Bracket. Eibach Full suspension Kit!
SD05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #22
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD05GT View Post
Honestly, nobody buys a mustang for gas mileage. Ford knows this. And if someone is fuel conscious, they will buy the ecoboost. That's the whole point of a 4cyl mustang. With that being said, honestly what do you think will excite people looking at a v8 model. 435 horsepower with 27 mpg on the highway. Or 450 horsepower with 26 highway? No brainer...
They won't detune it to help sell it, they will detune it to satisfy the fed and avoid paying CAFE fines/fees. Stupid F'ing government. I blame the democrats, I hate both parties, but I hate the dems a little bit more because of Al Gore.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #23
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT 5.0 Coyote
None, Facebook is the Devil! None, Twitter is for Twits! None, I hate it when my boss snoops the net about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang View Post
They won't detune it to help sell it, they will detune it to satisfy the fed and avoid paying CAFE fines/fees. Stupid F'ing government. I blame the democrats, I hate both parties, but I hate the dems a little bit more because of Al Gore.
HERE HERE! I concur!

It makes no difference that People buy Mustangs for power and not MPG; Ford is still under CAFE, and because CAFE is company wide, that by default forces even Mustangs to adhere to MPG metrics.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but what you said rings true and strikes a spark in me of Big Brother meddling with even corporate affairs.
JIM5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #24
P51V6

Vehicle: 2013 FORD MUSTANG

they said it will be faster than the boss302 so i'm hoping for somewhere around 440.
P51V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #25
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by P51V6 View Post
they said it will be faster than the boss302 so i'm hoping for somewhere around 440.
I think that reference was to handling. The Camaro with the sport package actually beat the Boss 302 around the track so this next gen suspension obviously needs to be a step above both cars mentioned.

As far as horsepower everyone has claimed a minimum of the current output (420). With Camaros base v8 producing 426 and the Challenger v8 at 475 I really hope ford is closer to the ladder. Many people look at horsepower as their measuring stick and not necessarily track times or over all performance. IMHO this is a brand new body style for Ford. They need to really step up the numbers and take control of the pony car market...
Cervinis C-Series Body Kit With Type 4 Ram Air Hood w/ Billet Heat Extractors, Charcoal AMR 20" Wheels w/ Nittos, Painted Red Stripes, 10% Window Tint, blacked out tail lights, HID's, & Black Hood Pins. Interior: Painted And Striped Dashboard, & Sickspeed Shift ****, Pioneer Deck, JL SUB & AMP. Performance: Cervinis Side Exhaust, JLT CAI W/ BAMA Tune, GT500 Rear End (3.73's), & MT-82 Short Throw w/ Bracket. Eibach Full suspension Kit!
SD05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:53 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement