Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > The New S550 2015 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The New S550 2015 Mustang Discussions on the upcoming next generation of the Ford Mustang - expected to arrive in 2014 with the platform name S550. Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
omelet1978

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
Default 2015 Mustang Radio removable for aftermarket?

Hi,

Will more than likely pick up a used 2015 Mustang in a year or two. I was wondering if the stock radio is removable or integrated into the dash?

I'd like to either put an aftermarket radio in or upgrade to Ford's Navigation unit.

Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
omelet1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT 5.0 Coyote
None, Facebook is the Devil! None, Twitter is for Twits! None, I hate it when my boss snoops the net about me

My initial guess is yes, it will be removable, but that is only from knowing that the S197 and SN95 radios were removable.
I do not know for sure if it will be, so I am going to follow this thread to find out too.

There are so many questions I have about the S550 that I am not ready to buy one just yet. I want to find out what can be customized (just like you, I would like to upgrade the radio), what parts would need to be upgraded if you mod the engine, what the stock suspension components will be like, and just how much each OEM part can take from mods.

Fortunately, there are a whole slew of Mustang modders and aftermarket guys everywhere; they will be the guinea pigs and pioneer the territories of these OEM part limits so that I can simply wait for them to break their cars instead of I breaking my own from modding it.
I will then have the benefit of learning from their mistakes and upgrading all things at the same time as necessary so that there is not an OEM part that would be at risk because I didn't know to upgrade it.

Squirrel of Death!
Do not **** off the SoD!!!!

Last edited by JIM5.0; 08-23-2014 at 11:12 PM.
JIM5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:18 AM   #3
jz78817
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet1978 View Post
Hi,

Will more than likely pick up a used 2015 Mustang in a year or two. I was wondering if the stock radio is removable or integrated into the dash?

I'd like to either put an aftermarket radio in or upgrade to Ford's Navigation unit.

Thanks!
it looks to be the same as S197; the radio is behind the center stack bezel. You'd have to replace a good bit of stuff to put in an aftermarket HU. I don't know if putting in the factory touch screen hardware after the fact would be feasible; there are a LOT of wiring differences behind there between the low-level system and the one with MyFord Touch. If you want the MyFord Touch system it's really best to get it with the car. You'll spend a lot more money and time trying to install it later.
jz78817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:18 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement