Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Limiting gt350 was a mistake

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 02:06 PM
viasevenvai

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I think your missing the entire point. There is no limit on GT350s. There is only a limit on the ones they ARE CALLING 2015 apposed to 2016. Are the 2015 GT350 available today? NO! Open your eyes and use your head instead of your imagination. THERE WILL BE NO SHORTAGE OF GT350s IN THE LAST QUARTER OF 2015. FORD WILL MAKE AS MANY 2016 GT350s as practical. It'll be just like the current Z28 where after the initial rush of collectors and track addicts that can afford them they'll sit on lots for months due to lack of interest in this type of automobile. Oh and back to the electric car. Maybe in 2016 the government will use mind control devices they have built in a secret government laboratory that will make people actually want over price electrical car that are half as practical as gasoline models.
Thanks for keeping it on track. I thought for sure I read that the 2016 MY would be limited as well. Heck Dodge is even limiting the Hellcat even though it wasn't supposed to be a limited run.

I don't see how the electric car isn't practical. Right now obviously the choices are crap. But the idea of no oil changes, no transmission and no gas, no noise pollution........if you can't get excited about that then you are in denial. The numbers of 0-60 times and quarter mile times are extremely promising, the only thing so far that is negative is the weight, which just highlights the great torque values of the electric motor. Why should you care how the motor is using energy?

I am in the market to buy a car. But with the uncertainty of the future of transportation I believe it's the worst time to buy a car. I'm going to wait as long as I can to see how the Acura NSX does, the Tesla Model 3/X, and if Ford can make a dual clutch or ZF based transmission. The uses of carbon fiber are increasing and now we have aluminum trucks.....amazing.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:24 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by viasevenvai
I don't see how the electric car isn't practical.
it's practical if you have a way to charge it. an EV is completely out of the question for me because I have no way to charge one at home.

the only thing so far that is negative is the weight, which just
highlights the great torque values of the electric motor.
how does the weight of the car highlight the torque of the motor?

Why should you care how the motor is using energy?
because when the best electric vehicle on the market (the Tesla Model S) can store the energy equivalent of two and a half gallons of gas, and takes several hours to refuel, I care.

I am in the market to buy a car. But with the uncertainty of the future of transportation I believe it's the worst time to buy a car. I'm going to wait as long as I can to see how the Acura NSX does, the Tesla Model 3/X, and if Ford can make a dual clutch or ZF based transmission. The uses of carbon fiber are increasing and now we have aluminum trucks.....amazing.
are you actually looking to buy any of those cars you've just listed? I doubt it. I've asked you twice already if you were considering buying the GT350 you're bitching about, and you haven't answered. quite honestly, your posts in this thread sound like they're coming from some 12-year-old dumbass who complains about cars he has no hope of buying.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:52 PM
GTerGone

Hello, new here.

Stopped by a dealer today that I've been emailing about the GT350 for several weeks. I discussed with him a while back a post on another forum * http://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/...still-unclear/ * where it said only 5500 2016 GT350s would be produced. He said their dealership had been allotted two. It was early enough for me to buy one in my configuration IF I'd be willing to part with 20-25K over MSRP, whatever that turns out to be. That rarified air pricing needs to be more down to earth for me.

So, to answer the question is it a mistake limiting the run of 2016 GT350s, Yes, for me it is. Is it for Ford? They have been at this long enough to know what they want to accomplish from a marketing standpoint and how many units to produce to recoup their special engineering costs, in my opinion.

The dealers see it as an "opportunity" they don't get with the run of the mill production. This same dealer is asking 15K more than MSRP on one of the 1964 50th Anniversary Limited Editions.

As some 2015s on lots are being discounted a bit, and Ford's starting to offer some cash rebates to help move them, it seems the 2015 model is winding down.

So with order banks opening Monday on 2016s, I hope to see some leaks on the forums to indicate what options there will be and pricing. I read about a "Yellow Jacket" option for the interior. I'm imagining some heavy yellow threading on black leather and some yellow accents to go along with the triple yellow paint. That's something a Ga Tech Yellow Jacket fan may want to order.

Before that...checking with other local dealers about the GT350...there are a lot of those around.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:47 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Hmm I read it and did not see anything saying only 5500 MY 2016 GT350.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:03 PM
GTerGone

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
Hmm I read it and did not see anything saying only 5500 MY 2016 GT350.

You are correct! I believe that it led me into a forum where it was discussed... mea culpa! I think my forum viewing has become obsessive of late with my desire for a GT350.

But searching quickly I found two other links about the perhaps 5500 units.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/new-sh...ted-5500-units

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...5500-cars-year
Old 05-09-2015, 11:28 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Yea I try not to think about things that would kill my already dim glimmer of hope, about being able to get one.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:35 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Considering the price that you'll have to pay for a GT 350 which I suspect will be pretty high, it would be interesting to compare the "bang for the buck" on a:

GT 5.0L with a the performance package & a Roush Supercharger

versus a

GT 350.

As you might guess I think the supercharger route will be a better everyday driver because they run like Gramma's car until you put your foot in it. I suspect I could love either one, but I bet the GT 350 will cost a lot more.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:43 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
GT 5.0L with a the performance package & a Roush Supercharger

We all get it, Your ideal mustang would be a 5.0L automatic with performance pack and a roushcharger putting out 575hp blah blah blah.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:18 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Well of course it depends on the metrics used to measure bang for buck, do you want a corner carver, or do you want to feel it push you quickly in a straight line.
If corners are the thing, then slapping a lump of weight on the engine won't help a lot, if going straight, then you won't need the perf pack, except maybe for the bigger radiator to help keep it cool.
But if I could get a GT350 for MSRP, or even up to only 5K over, I'll be on it like white on rice, cause straight lines are boring, and with a minimum of 520 HP it will still pull like hell going down the back straight.
Too bad Carroll didn't get to see it, cause it's Awesome
Old 05-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
We all get it, Your ideal mustang would be a 5.0L automatic with performance pack and a roushcharger putting out 575hp blah blah blah.
More like 627 HP, & you don't get it because I don't want a performance pack & couldn't get one with an automatic anyhow. So, bored with my posts? Did you ever notice the slider on the right side of the screen you can use to skip them! Why not just do that instead of making me cry myself to sleep with your criticisms! I have feelings you know!

Last edited by Mr. D; 05-17-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Limiting gt350 was a mistake