Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

I am so depressed with my car right now!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 11:09 AM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

How is a door ding Ford's fault? Was it there at delivery? If so that might be different. Worst case, spend $100 and have a mobile PDR (pointless dent removal) guy come out and fix it.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:16 PM
golfertp

Appreciate the comments. They didn't force me to take the car. The told me about the issues - two small dents the size of your pinky fingernail...and they made it right, because I was calm about it. Odds are, they will help me again in the future. Bottomline the car is great and the dealer will help me in the future.... My advice to the original poster is to think about what is it you really want, what are the options, and then work it out - calmly. If none of the work, then let an attorney get aggravated - life is too short.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:37 AM
BluePearl

it doesn't look bad to me! your car has character now! my 2015 mustang got a small ding near the door on the crease... that FJ!#$@$@K child also chipped my oxford white paint off .... but what could I do? Get it fixed? its barely noticeable (meaning only I can find it looking hard). So far I bought the factory paint to put in the little chip x-x but yeah, I know how you feel... its like, "Brand New Feeling" then some minor cosmetic occurs. Cheer up! in a year or two, you'll probably forget about it and move on! A car is a car to take you to point a to b.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:17 PM
MtnMustang
1st Gear Member

Am I reading this correctly?

You notice after 1000 miles some paint issues on the front fender of your Mustang. Logically by reading your comments on how picky you are, the scratches were not there when you bought the car. Therefore scratches happened after purchase.

Then you take it to dealer and expect them or Ford to fix it - or you will be upset with Ford if they do not.

If you noticed the scratches at time of purchase and dealer agreed then to fix it then that is a different story all together.

I agree, I had twice now had pre=delivery scratches fixed upon agreement to buy a new car and no car fax report on either one. I would say if the damage was enough for the dealer to claim on their insurance policy then the Car Fax would likely show up. Minor stuff not likely.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:23 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

good catch, i didnt see the 1k miles part, its not fair to a dealer to come back 1k miles later and expect them to fix things you didnt even catch( if they were even there then) at the time of sale. i call shenanigans. door dings and stone chips, not to mention scratches are something we all deal with, they happen every day
Old 06-08-2015, 11:02 PM
n813ca

Default paint

Turns out the 2 panels I am having the paint problem have been repainted at some point. A local shop I trust showed me the obvious signs it had been repainted. My guess it was done on delivery so they fixed it before they sold it.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

Yes,that is truly disappointing.I am very sorry to hear of your experience.We all expect a new car to be exactly that-new in every regard.....not like the cars that we're giving up for the purchase,that may have signs of body work,etc. (...as far as I know,I've only had one such new car,a 1983 Buick,out of quite a few new car purchases)
Old 06-09-2015, 11:20 PM
n813ca

Old 06-09-2015, 11:22 PM
n813ca

Does the picture above show up better? This is above the left front wheel half way back... It just keeps growing and I always drive on great roads and avoid being too close to anyone
Old 06-13-2015, 02:30 AM
BluePearl

Originally Posted by n813ca
Does the picture above show up better? This is above the left front wheel half way back... It just keeps growing and I always drive on great roads and avoid being too close to anyone
hm... I've noticed you're from FL too. Sand and saltwater are very bad for the car's paint with extreme heat. Just either buy the factory paint to cover the chips and it comes with clear coat which will act like glue to protect it from dirt. It should be cheap online instead at your local dealer.

If I were you, I'd just buy the paint+clear coat and fill it in. Then if it really bothers you that much because you, personally can still see the light chips, Plasti dip your car with either the same color or not with the gloss mixture. It'll protect your car and look shiny again.

Quick Reply: I am so depressed with my car right now!