The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Raced the cops?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:49 PM
86 GT 5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Raced the cops?

Before I die one of my life goals is to run from the cops.... Maybe when I'm like 90 or something...
Old 10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

knew that was coming

was that a gt btw?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

ORIGINAL: 86 GT 5.0

Before I die one of my life goals is to run from the cops.... Maybe when I'm like 90 or something...
save up some money from now till then buy your self a 20xx sallen s7 mod it to hell (if at all possible)
THEN run from them[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 10-07-2007, 09:17 PM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86 GT 5.0

meh, at that age, you can just say you didnt know they were behind you. no one will kno it was really for a thrill!

and im pritty sure, if a cop tries to race you, and you go for it, and a ticket is written, it will be his word against yours... and you will be screwed... if saying "he tried to race me" worked at getting a ticket dropped, im sure everyone would prolly try it.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Lil Shoaf
1st Gear Member

Well I did.. I was on my way to the DMV (GO figure) and I was in a hurry (Go figure) and I was hauling.. I went to pass a few cars in a passing zone and the lead car (malibu) speed up with me.. I looked over at him and he was staring at me.. So I pushed it down a little and so did he, then I said F it and grabbed 3rd and started to pull on him, he in turn tried to match me but I hit my power band (2001 Celica GT with simply mods) and walked away from him.. He stayed on me till I hit the highway and he kept pulling up next to me so I would run a nice distance then back off again not wanting to get pulled over.. Well the radio kicked in and they had a crown waiting for me.. I got off at my exit and he just happened to be there waiting for me to go past to clock me but instead I got off and went right to him.. Foud out it was an unmarked car and they were detectives on their way back from court.. The driver was Pissed that he couldn't keep up and the marked officer kept making fun of him.. It all got thrown out in court becuase he wrote me a ticket for 105 in a 65 but his speedo was only calibrated to 90.. The kicker was his speedo was 5mph slow at 90.. On the way out of the hearing the marked officer told me he was just pissie that he couldn't get infront of me and slow me down.. He said that most cars now are not tuned for much of anything, just a few of the Crowns for persuits.. They are however still limited but most of the cops pull the chips to eliminate the governer.. Granted this was in 2002.. I still have the ticket some where.. LOL..
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Mustangdemon67
4th Gear Member

ive raced guys on the LAPD race team at the track. but they dont use cop cars, they have their own cars, and i get spanked by them everytime because i dont make as much money as they do [&o]
Old 10-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Seth//00GT
1st Gear Member

can't outrun that nextel chirp.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:02 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheStig

ORIGINAL: joshafmil

your an idiot if you race a cop... you know they can challenge you, then pull you over after you launch right?

i had one near base try to race me... and i just said no...
Acully if a cop challenged you to a race he cant pull you over for it. That would be considerd entrapment and any reasonable judge in the country would dismiss the case as soon as they heard the cop started the race.

ORIGINAL: mustangcat
2) If they P.I.T you, you can kiss your Mustang good-bye
not disargeeing with you, but watch very carfully:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlYYAuH1z-w

Damn, you beat to both of the things I was going to post. But on this topic, I have ran from the cops a couple of times. Pretty big rush if you know that they didn't get your plate, otherwise you just stress out over the next few days.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

I've raced LAPD twice, on their provocation. The races weren't anything special, except for who it was against.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Crown Vic w/police package= high 14 sec car best. Charger copcar w/hemi= mid 13 seccar best. Don't try and outrun the charger unless u got serious power(F/I or full bolt-ons). Thecrownvic any new GT or bolt-on GT could walk. 6's shouldn't tryrunning anything period unless they r challenged, have f/i, or know what their racing(don't spread bad names for the GT guys).
I forget what magazine tested the Charger but theyre like 15 second cars.

Quick Reply: Raced the cops?