The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

NE GT VS SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:45 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
Is this someone local to us PD thats giving the 'callout' ? I know a couple boys 'round here that I would LOVE to see you put a stomping on
Some younger guy in Altavista. Guess he was just drinking and mentioned it to my cousin. Hah, still don't know who he is not that I want to race him or anything.
What cars are you talking about?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Really theres one in particular. He goes by "Dilly", drives a real nice red New Edge with chrome bullits. Has nearly full boltons, but still can't hardly outrun (outdrive really) my brother, at the track anyways. I don't really know the cat, just seems a bit cocky, from what the lil bro says.....

Im not too much on the up-n-up on the cars round here anymore. I don't get out too much, and this time of year sucks anyways, lol. I do know there's a few more termis running around than there used to be, dammit, lol.

Don't know if you hit the Wards Rd scene too much, but Id love to see your ride, maybe in action, sometime. Like I said, I don't get out too much, but I take a couple laps every now-n-then, mess with the big trucks some, lol. Can't wait to get back in the seat of a 'stang, I tell ya!!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Really theres one in particular. He goes by "Dilly", drives a real nice red New Edge with chrome bullits. Has nearly full boltons, but still can't hardly outrun (outdrive really) my brother, at the track anyways. I don't really know the cat, just seems a bit cocky, from what the lil bro says.....

Im not too much on the up-n-up on the cars round here anymore. I don't get out too much, and this time of year sucks anyways, lol. I do know there's a few more termis running around than there used to be, dammit, lol.

Don't know if you hit the Wards Rd scene too much, but Id love to see your ride, maybe in action, sometime. Like I said, I don't get out too much, but I take a couple laps every now-n-then, mess with the big trucks some, lol. Can't wait to get back in the seat of a 'stang, I tell ya!!
Yeah, I had an 01 GT,5spd, O/R-X, Catback dumped, programmer, Pulleys, Cai, TB/Plenum, Cai, and 4:10's. Sure it would take it on the launch but I know it wouldn't have a problem passing it. Roll wouldn't be a question, after ~80 is a night and day diff.. haha

Hey Stone's, I'm going to be getting that FTB's money so I've got my wife talked into using some of the money to pay down my SS, and trading for an EVO X MR (for the 6-speed Twin Clutch Sportronic with the paddle shifters). It just makes more sense than spending $3500 for a twincharge kit on a econobox that's just going to spin and only be worth like $12K by then. I also will have 2 kids so I really want 4dr's and AWD. Thats still some time away, but thats the plan unless we see an SUV we like more. Might check out the SRT-8 Jeep, though I've wanted an EVO since 03.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:38 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Is there a good "street scene" in Va? if it isnt that far i might have to ride up there one weekend!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Meh, we got a couple big boys that like to run quite a bit, but the fuzz is so thick around here, things have gotten tight. Roanoke and Danville (Danville is closer to you I believe, right along the border) have pretty good turnouts from what I hear. My brother is waaay more into the 'scene' than I am. He runs around with a club, TeamDOHC. They have a couple pretty bad 4bangers, mainly the big hp cars Ive talked about on here. Theres quite the few Termis, a couple whippled/KB'd ones, but most are just pullied/boltons. And then theres the plethora of diesles with stacks and ****, haha. Couple of'em can run pretty good, I got smacked around in my npi by a RC Ford, haha.

If anyone was to head up this way, wait until the 3rd Saturday of each month. We have a big "Cruise in", usually 200-300 cars turnout, you can imagine what the night turns into

Edit: can't believe I left out the elesjuan's. Buncha those running around, couple quick ones, few fast ones. Got one pushing 600ish (700ish?) ponies on the spray. GMEOVR on the plates, lol. Bada$$ car FOR SURE

Last edited by 97tplsGT; 02-12-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise

Hey Stone's, I'm going to be getting that FTB's money so I've got my wife talked into using some of the money to pay down my SS, and trading for an EVO X MR (for the 6-speed Twin Clutch Sportronic with the paddle shifters). It just makes more sense than spending $3500 for a twincharge kit on a econobox that's just going to spin and only be worth like $12K by then. I also will have 2 kids so I really want 4dr's and AWD. Thats still some time away, but thats the plan unless we see an SUV we like more. Might check out the SRT-8 Jeep, though I've wanted an EVO since 03.
I can definitely see what you mean. Front wheel drive isn't the best way to lay the power down, never will be. Those new EVOs are pretty quick from what I've seen, or at least can be made quicker pretty easily. My wife and I have looked at a few SRT8 Jeeps too. They are really nice with those comfy SRT8 seats, navi, back up camera, dvd for the kids, etc. You already know how hard they get off the line, lol. What I can't get past is the damn MPG. 15 hwy is a little much. The SS Trailblazer is worth having a look at too if you're in the market for a performance SUV. They run about 8-10 grand less than the Jeeps around here and can get into the low 13s or high 12s with a good stall, full bolt ons, tune, and a set of DRs.. On a side note, my FTB credit finally got here day before yesterday. I filed for that **** last July!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:26 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

I like the TBSS's though my next car won't be a GM. Yeah, not really looking for a "performer" just something quick, nice, safe, 4 doors and AWD. Something the wife could hop in and drive whenever she wanted. Looking at the EVO's the X has 7 airbags, even one for the drivers knees as my SS has two. Every time it snows I can't even get out of my drive way (I know the mustang guys know what I'm talking about). I'm just tired of driving something that's available/practical to your average 17-25yr old. Know of any other vehicles that would fit the bill?

Oh yeah, just looking at the MR due to it's sportronic (Meh, getting something the wife could drive if she wanted this time or I would just get an IX), so if I can't find an MR for 25-26K by then I might consider the Ralliart, I know I've seen the GSR's selling for ~23K now.

Last edited by perfect.disguise; 02-12-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:22 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Meh, we got a couple big boys that like to run quite a bit, but the fuzz is so thick around here, things have gotten tight. Roanoke and Danville (Danville is closer to you I believe, right along the border) have pretty good turnouts from what I hear. My brother is waaay more into the 'scene' than I am. He runs around with a club, TeamDOHC. They have a couple pretty bad 4bangers, mainly the big hp cars Ive talked about on here. Theres quite the few Termis, a couple whippled/KB'd ones, but most are just pullied/boltons. And then theres the plethora of diesles with stacks and ****, haha. Couple of'em can run pretty good, I got smacked around in my npi by a RC Ford, haha.

If anyone was to head up this way, wait until the 3rd Saturday of each month. We have a big "Cruise in", usually 200-300 cars turnout, you can imagine what the night turns into

Edit: can't believe I left out the elesjuan's. Buncha those running around, couple quick ones, few fast ones. Got one pushing 600ish (700ish?) ponies on the spray. GMEOVR on the plates, lol. Bada$$ car FOR SURE
dang thats awesome, I will Probably ride up there during the summer.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
I like the TBSS's though my next car won't be a GM. Yeah, not really looking for a "performer" just something quick, nice, safe, 4 doors and AWD. Something the wife could hop in and drive whenever she wanted. Looking at the EVO's the X has 7 airbags, even one for the drivers knees as my SS has two. Every time it snows I can't even get out of my drive way (I know the mustang guys know what I'm talking about). I'm just tired of driving something that's available/practical to your average 17-25yr old. Know of any other vehicles that would fit the bill?

Oh yeah, just looking at the MR due to it's sportronic (Meh, getting something the wife could drive if she wanted this time or I would just get an IX), so if I can't find an MR for 25-26K by then I might consider the Ralliart, I know I've seen the GSR's selling for ~23K now.
I know what you mean about the snow. Its snowing here again now, which means the Stangs are parked again. If it wasn't for my wife's Grand Cherokee, we wouldn't have been able to get out of the drive last week when it snowed either. Hers is an 04 AWD 4.0. It handles the ice and snow as well as it does dry pavement, however I wouldn't recommend it to you or your family. Its reliable enough, but it doesn't have anything more than front airbags and the brakes suck something terrible. The 05+ Grand Cherokee Hemi is pretty impressive, imo. They pull pretty strong and offer more protection. AWD/4WD is available of course. The Legacy GT maybe an option for you guys as well. AWD turbo, high modding potential, lots of safety, etc. Hard to go wrong with the LGT if you're looking for AWD performance, safety, little bit of luxury, etc.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:47 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

She has a Nissan Quest so it's not much better than my SS. I still have a while to look so I should be set, she likes the Armada's. Haha, too bad I can't forget about practicality and just get a Cobra.

Quick Reply: NE GT VS SS/SC