The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

SCT Tuner Tips, upcoming race...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:04 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

There's a lot of extra timing between the 87 and 91 octane tune, you'll notice a nice improvement.

Make sure all of the 87 is out before you load the 91 tune.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
There's a lot of extra timing between the 87 and 91 octane tune, you'll notice a nice improvement.

Make sure all of the 87 is out before you load the 91 tune.
Will do. I'm almost out of gas actually and we are supposed to rave this Wednesday, basically perfect timing.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:56 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

That truck sounds pretty mean.. Those races were pretty close before, you're gonna have your hands full.. A lot will depend on how well you improved your shifting, they sounded a little slow in the vids.. Good luck though, get video if you can...
Old 02-20-2012, 11:25 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
That truck sounds pretty mean.. Those races were pretty close before, you're gonna have your hands full.. A lot will depend on how well you improved your shifting, they sounded a little slow in the vids.. Good luck though, get video if you can...
I missed 3rd the very first run and after that I was just making sure I nailed every gear. I'll also move my seat up so I can be closer to the pedals, when driving around town I tend to sit all the way back. I'm hoping with these two changes the outcome will be better in my favor.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Without being able to datalog your A/F I would be careful adding timing. Without being able to see where it's leaning out, all you can do is listen for ping and watch your rpm, and go from there. I would throw 2-3 degrees at it and see if it pings anywhere (make sure you have no 87 left, refill with 93). If it runs without detonation, leave it alone IMO. Should pick up a few horses all the way across. I do know that 99% of the canned tunes are ultra conservative.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I missed 3rd the very first run and after that I was just making sure I nailed every gear. I'll also move my seat up so I can be closer to the pedals, when driving around town I tend to sit all the way back. I'm hoping with these two changes the outcome will be better in my favor.

crash do you have a STS??
Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Stone629
Without being able to datalog your A/F I would be careful adding timing. Without being able to see where it's leaning out, all you can do is listen for ping and watch your rpm, and go from there. I would throw 2-3 degrees at it and see if it pings anywhere (make sure you have no 87 left, refill with 93). If it runs without detonation, leave it alone IMO. Should pick up a few horses all the way across. I do know that 99% of the canned tunes are ultra conservative.
Originally Posted by Soldier GT
crash do you have a STS??
Ya, I'll just change the octane tune, I wish we had 93 out here, damn Ca. My fuel tank is almost empty, I'll fill up with 91 soon.

No soldier I don't have a sts yet, kinda not on top of my list things I need/want to do. Do you
Have one?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Nitrous? Even a small 50 or 75 shot and you'd walk him.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Ya, I'll just change the octane tune, I wish we had 93 out here, damn Ca. My fuel tank is almost empty, I'll fill up with 91 soon.

No soldier I don't have a sts yet, kinda not on top of my list things I need/want to do. Do you
Have one?
MGW my man.. Once you get around to it, the MGW will assist you greatly in missing third.. Are you guys going to post the race on vid??
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by The Stig
Nitrous? Even a small 50 or 75 shot and you'd walk him.
Oh I know, I'm kinda saving up for Italy this summer, once I get back let the modding begin. He plans on sc'ing so I need to follow suit with something at least.

Quick Reply: SCT Tuner Tips, upcoming race...