The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Little Bench Racing Action...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Default Little Bench Racing Action...

Well some of you may remember my run-in with a srt4 a while back.... Heres the thread: https://mustangforums.com/forum/stre...2-gto-vid.html

The guy and my brother were talking today, and he made mention that he wanted to run me again since we've both done work to our rides. As far as I know, hes only done a canned tune and taken his cat off since our last run.

I now have full longtube exhaust, lca, and a sts. The exhaust work really woke the car up on the big end, and sounds pretty good for a v6 imo.... take a listen..

SO, how do things look now? Before he got me by ~3 cars when I had the rider, I pulled him by 1 when he had the rider. I personally think its gonna be pretty good run, just wanted to see what ya'll bozos had to say about it
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

If you both are equal weight(in terms of passengers) I see him pulling on you a bit still, 2 cars or so. srt4's respond to tunes pretty good. when I had my gt, i pulled about 1 car on my buddies srt4 which had a turbo back exhaust and intake. he added a tune, I added blower cams, and he pulled about 2 cars on me after.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I'd try to get down too as slow of a roll as possible. I'm thinking he might have some top end on you. It really just depends on what his tune looks like.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I'd try to get down too as slow of a roll as possible. I'm thinking he might have some top end on you. It really just depends on what his tune looks like.
this too, the lower the roll the more it swings to your favor. when i did the final races with the srt4 i mentioned, from a 20 roll i would pull about half a car thru first then he would come around me, vs a 45 roll where he would pull right away.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

He's already mentioned a 20 and 40 roll, which is perfect for me.... Only thing about the 1st gear hit is my 2nd gear is about worthless now. I WILL try to get a dig run in since Im giving him his runs. I believe I have the driver mod in this situation, from a launching standpoint, and the better car to dig-it in!

Gonna try and set something up for Friday.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 PM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
He's already mentioned a 20 and 40 roll, which is perfect for me.... Only thing about the 1st gear hit is my 2nd gear is about worthless now. I WILL try to get a dig run in since Im giving him his runs. I believe I have the driver mod in this situation, from a launching standpoint, and the better car to dig-it in!

Gonna try and set something up for Friday.
We have tires that will fix that problem!

I think it will be an interesting race! I also have my GoPro camera you can use so that you can run 'solo'. Just let me know! I'm working 2nd shift this week.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:17 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Tune is big on any turbo car. So he should get the roll and you the dig with the better launching car.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:05 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Damn I really love that car of yours. Those sixxers sound like G35's don't they? Sick car for sure.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Have you changed your axlebacks at all?? Your car sounds more like a V8 with longtubes to me now.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

I did. I rocked the stock axelback with the LT's for about a week, then got 2in from the xpipe back and welded in some stock GT resonators and MAC Flowpaths.

Since Im bored and s/s is EXTREMELY quiet, heres a couple vids showing the different exhaust journeys the car has been.

Quick Reply: Little Bench Racing Action...