Archive - Trades & Freebies If you are looking for a trade, or have something to get rid of, no money involved, post it here.

thinking about trading shaker for hood?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 PM
tbuff
2nd Gear Member

Default thinking about trading shaker for hood?

So I've been playing with the thought of ditching the cdc shaker and hood for some kind of other aftermarket hood. I like either the cobra style hood with the two vents across the front, or a cowl hood. Either way, if someone has been thinking about maybe changing their look let me know.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Brandonscarinfo

I may be partially interested... From the picture it looks like it is the wrong color though, any idea how much a repaint of the hood would cost? My mustang is Alloy (G5), the picture is showing small for me and I really can't discern the color of this.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 AM
tbuff
2nd Gear Member

I'll get the color code later today. What kind if hood do you have? And as far as paint. Shouldn't be too much. I can ask my body shop guy tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Brandonscarinfo

I have the current stock v6 hood. however, I also need to take in account how much itll cost to ship this.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:06 PM
tbuff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brandonscarinfo
I have the current stock v6 hood. however, I also need to take in account how much itll cost to ship this.
sorry, I'm looking to trade for aftermarket.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM
tbuff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brandonscarinfo
I may be partially interested... From the picture it looks like it is the wrong color though, any idea how much a repaint of the hood would cost? My mustang is Alloy (G5), the picture is showing small for me and I really can't discern the color of this.
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet, been sick since I got back from my cruise, and working my *** off at work to make up for lost time. I'll try to remember to get that paint code in the next couple days.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

What do you think of mine? You're a ways away. Might make for a long road trip but I'm not fond of the fiberglass look and would like to go back to steel/aluminum.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:27 PM
tbuff
2nd Gear Member

not quite the style I was looking for. and yeah, that would definitely be a long haul. haha. I'm looking more for the gt500 style hood scoop or cowl hood.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I have the GTS IV trufiber hood, currently black but in need of paint (I picked it up used); currently has holes drilled in for hood pins, which if you wanted to swap I'd give them to you too (I could help set up the install points too if you need)... That is if you are still interested. http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...hood-0509.html
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I live in the DC area but work 48/72 shifts so I could drive down sometime too

Quick Reply: thinking about trading shaker for hood?