V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

16 year old TOTALS a 1999 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Kidiam

Default 16 year old TOTALS a 1999 mustang

I'm 16 saved up for my car for over 2 years. Just got my license January 11 of this year. Two days ago my car got totaled.
I was getting out of school going to pick my girlfriend up, I was on a very busy/main street doing 55+ mph not to sure in the far right land. All a sudden two car lengths infront of me a stuipd teenage girl pulls infront of me doing 20 mph coming around a turn around point. Trying to avoid hitting her doing 55+ I swerve to the shoulder and was gonna pass her, rear wheel hit gravel and put my car side ways for 100 feet or so, witnesses say I was off 4 wheels most of the time. Trying to straighten the car out I kept fish tailing back and forth slowly straightening it out, finally a tire went out, throwing my car off the road into a ditch. Basically the worse place any one can go off the road is exactly where I did, I went into a dip sort of thing filled with boulders size of volley *****. My front end hit first, putting the back end of the car straight in the air. Best way to describe it is that, my car did a cart-wheel in the air finally coming to a rest.

A lady who saw it all came running crying because she thought I was dead. She kept saying a angel was looking out for you, a angel was looking out for you.

A few cops cars car, took all my infomation called tow truck blah blah blah closing down the road for 15 minutes to get my car out. As they were pulling it out of the ditch I watched my car lose parts left and right.

25 minutes after the crash, guess who decides to show up, the hit that cut me off. Cops gave her a ticket for reckless driving.

The worse part about it was I was getting full coverage that up coming weekend. Perfect timing to get in a accident huh?

Dont you hate it when people look at the car and are like "man that sucks" and not give a shi* because its not there problem or car.

Anyways everyone keeps saying be happy your alive blah blah blah, I am happy for that but it doesnt change that fact that MY CAR IS FU*KING TOTALED!!!!!!!

I am glad though because what all the witnesses said I got lucky in several ways... My car not rolling when it when side ways with not all wheel on the ground, I didnt hit anyone else, No one hit me, I didnt die, and I didnt get the ticket.

Any suggests on what to do from here
Old 03-31-2006, 12:48 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 16 year old TOTALS a 1999 mustang

man, i dont kno what to say but at least u are ok, that sounds intense! imo, i honestly think u got off lucky and the cops didnt write you up, usually cops discriminate against younger drivers and ticket them if they cause an accident or not, at least thats how they are in this area. but will her insurnace company pay for the damages? since u dont have full coverage yet, idk if ud be gettin anything back from them, usually insurance companies are gay and wont care that u were gettin full this saturday.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:54 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

I don't know much about the insurance thing, I have full coverage and always have, and never had an accident where I'd have to deal with them about it. However, she should indefinitely pay for the car, so if her insurance won't, I would take her to court. Definitely get some legal advice on that, and I'll try and ask my mom's bf... he has a law degree.

I'm surprised they didn't give the chick a ticket for attempted vehicular manslaughter or something. I'd say she about killed you, so she should be treated like she almost did.

Sorry to hear about the stang. Do you have any pics of it?
Old 03-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

that's a shame cuz, sorry to hear about your loss. i DON"T EVER HIT WOMEN, but in that case, i would have punched the b*tch in the throat! did you get any pics of the car afterwards? good luck with everything.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Autobadges.com
Banned

YOU were doing 55+ mph in a busy street (i assume 35mph LIMIT?) and it was HER fault?

sorry about the loss though [&o]
Old 03-31-2006, 01:08 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

That really bites. BUT..and yea I'm gonna say it. Be glad you are alive!!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:27 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

Im gonna suggest a car with a brake pedal next time. But seriously 16 year olds total cars all the time once you get some experience youll be good to go
Old 03-31-2006, 02:35 PM
awdtsi98

If you read your license manual it says to decrease your speed 5-10 mph when driving during rush hour or on crowded streets... and if you were doing 55 on a crowded street thats both your fault and less hers... she probably couldnt anticipate how far away you were cause she was going way slower than you, she probably figured she would make it but you came up to fast... sorry about the loss... if the chicks hot that cut you off ask her for some sympathy sex... and youll be all good
Old 03-31-2006, 02:36 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

What's the speed limit on the road you were on? If you were going over the speed limit then that's going to really limit your chances at getting any insurance money or cash from the girl I would think.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

wtf is this a duplicate thread? I know I posted to this twice....

Quick Reply: 16 year old TOTALS a 1999 mustang