V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

5.0 swap...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 5.0 swap...

If you are so well versed, you wouldn't be making the claims you are. Sorry, nothing personal. Comments like the weak head gaskets (which was something from the single port motors - a motor found in the prior modle V6, not the one he has) and comparing them to motors that aren't even close(2.0L OHC) are comical. Even in the 3.8L motorsyou put up are different. The SOHC motor from the FWD cars is VASTLY different than the OHV 3.8L in Mustangs. Learn the subject before talking about it.

Pathetic would be having someone else's car in your sig.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: P Zero

Im a certified mechanic and Ive worked on cars/trucks for a long time. IMO, the Ford 3.8 is a boat anchor. Not worth the metal its made out of. Ive torn down more engines than most people on this forum. Look, I dont mean to hurt your feelings about the V-6, I like v-6's except the ford 3.8L. You must understand Im about efficiency, and for something with that much displacement, naturally aspirated, its gutless, relatively speaking. Hell, you can get a 2.0L 4cyl with more HP and torque than that thing, which in my mind is pathetic.
-P.
bwahahaha, that just means you took a test that my 12 year old cousin could pass
Old 06-06-2007, 08:44 PM
jovez
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

Im a certified mechanic and Ive worked on cars/trucks for a long time. IMO, the Ford 3.8 is a boat anchor. Not worth the metal its made out of. Ive torn down more engines than most people on this forum. Look, I dont mean to hurt your feelings about the V-6, I like v-6's except the ford 3.8L. You must understand Im about efficiency, and for something with that much displacement, naturally aspirated, its gutless, relatively speaking. Hell, you can get a 2.0L 4cyl with more HP and torque than that thing, which in my mind is pathetic.
-P.
bwahahaha, that just means you took a test that my 12 year old cousin could pass
i lol'd
Old 06-06-2007, 08:45 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LilRoush

I just want to show you mustang noobs what a real mustang looks like.

-P.
[/quote]

Id like to see him try. As for that matter Id like to see you try.

Regardless, the 3.8 is a hunk of ****. No matter which revised version you have. The 302 dollar for dollar will make more power. Aside from that, any crappy *** v-6 will never make the sweet rumble that a v-8 will.
-P.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:48 PM
jovez
4th Gear Member

I just want to show you mustang noobs what a real mustang looks like.

-P.
Id like to see him try. As for that matter Id like to see you try.

Regardless, the 3.8 is a hunk of ****. No matter which revised version you have. The 302 dollar for dollar will make more power. Aside from that, any crappy *** v-6 will never make the sweet rumble that a v-8 will.
-P.
Thats the only thing i agree with that you have said in this whole thread.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:56 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

At any rate, you guys are allright , I honestly dont care about which motor who has. 302's are one of the best motors to build. Like I said before, dollar for dollar itll make more power than a lot of engines 4.6 included. Hell in my N/A 85 I beat cobras all day (aside from terminators). Its pretty pathetic, these guys shell out tons of cash for little hp gain. hell for under 2k i can build you a 302'd stang thatll run in the 13 with a damn 3.08 gear.
But whatever, you can only go as fast as your wallet will take you.
-P.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Dollar for dollar, if you have a V6, keep the V6. I've proven it over and over. I wish people would pay attention. Unless your goal is over 700 hp (for now anyway), build the V6 rather than swap a V8.

With just boost, fuel / exhuast upgrades and a good tune, a V6 will push over400 hp. Can't do that on stock bottom end 5.0L or a 4.6L.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:03 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

About the sound of the v8..... What about THIS guy? I think that sounds really good,

Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: defconfire

About the sound of the v8..... What about THIS guy? I think that sounds really good,

Actually sounds pretty good for a V-6. But you can still tell its not a V-8. It sounded like it had a pretty healthy cam. Like all teh smoke too, runnin a little rich are we?
-P.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:42 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Dollar for dollar, if you have a V6, keep the V6. I've proven it over and over. I wish people would pay attention. Unless your goal is over 700 hp (for now anyway), build the V6 rather than swap a V8.

With just boost, fuel / exhuast upgrades and a good tune, a V6 will push over400 hp. Can't do that on stock bottom end 5.0L or a 4.6L.
Just out of curiosity waht would these items cost?

Quick Reply: 5.0 swap...