V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

How do i.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Too Fast

Default How do i.....

Hello i just got a 1999 ford mustang auto. I want to make it even faster so i can win more races. what mods do you sugest I get? So far all i have is a racing carbon fiber rear spoiler, 5% tints, window shield 20% tints, ford racing decal on the sides, cai, tightened throtle body cable. thats it. I heard about boriing out the engine.. whats that all about ? any help would be great
Old 08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Too Fast

Default RE: How do i.....

also i forgot to ask how do i make both tires burn ruber? i was doing burn outs at school the other day and to my embarisment only one tire was smoking!!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Wow... How old are you? Did you just get a Mustang, thinking it was fast?

Well, all the mods you listed do absolutely nothing for performance except the CAI, which will net you about 1-2 HP. Boring out the engine won't really increase the displacement. Stroking would be a better idea, but either way it's really expensive, not including the work. And the fact that you had to ask what boring out was tells me you wouldn't be able to do the work yourself. In all honesty, though, your car is going to be slow unless you go the F/I route, or spray.

Also, the one wheel peel is because the 7.5 rear end in the V6 has an open differential. You need some sort of t-lok to make both wheels spin.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
notchbackmatt87
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Too Fast

Hello i just got a 1999 ford mustang auto. I want to make it even faster so i can win more races. what mods do you sugest I get? So far all i have is a racing carbon fiber rear spoiler, 5% tints, window shield 20% tints, ford racing decal on the sides, cai, tightened throtle body cable. thats it. I heard about boriing out the engine.. whats that all about ? any help would be great

ahahh this has to be a *****ing joke
Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 PM
moontang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: notchbackmatt87

ORIGINAL: Too Fast

ahahh this has to be a fu*cking joke
+1

on the serious note i agree with afore mentioned path of F/I other than that little things lit UD pully and exhaust and some matinence things like running a full synth system like royal purple a tuner and maybe ?4.10 gears im thinking right? such are all decently small performance upgrades that may get you above a sentra SER but not a v-spec hah yea
Old 08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

i think spoilerless would have netted u more hp imo
Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 PM
xX98StallionXx
5th Gear Member

wooo, conformity! Dont help him rag on him! Great Idea...

First ya gotta start with your basics. Get dual exhaust. if your gonna mess with the throttle body you might as well get a bigger one. get a shift kit if its an auto, get a tuner and get some gears. To spin both tires you need posi trac or TLok.If you want to WIN races at the drag strip then i suggest you do what i just said and then go forced induction. V6s response to modifications isnt super great. It will take alot of time and money.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 PM
jovez
4th Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/m_3344642/tm.htm

Its stickied for a reason.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:48 PM
sabin_chicago
2nd Gear Member

that's a funny beginning
even boring the engine = not a big deal