V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
itschristorres8
1st Gear Member

Default RE: twin turbo

ORIGINAL: cobra232

ORIGINAL: itschristorres8

ORIGINAL: cobra232

how about lets welcome to the site. not flame him cause people that don't even have a correct answer to his question are tired of reading poweradder posts.

first off a twin setup isn't needed and really has no adgantage to a good single setup.

secondly what power goals are you looking for?? that will make a huge difference in what direction you should take.

i may be offering turbo kits later this year so keep looking for any of my posts about it.

a good T-70 or a GT35 GT38 will make a nice single setup. make almost 400rwhp and with proper tuning be reliable on a stock engine.

cost. it's gonna run you $5000 once it's said and done. about the same as a procharger but more power.

nobody makes any turbo kits for the 6 right now but you can make your own if you are good with a mig welder and know your way around an engine bay. there is alot of things that need done and if you don't know much about poweradders i suggest researching for a few months before making up your mind.

again welcome to the site. sorry for the ignorance of others that cannot attempt to try and answer your questions

um how do you go from a t-70 to a gt35 turbo
a t-70 is absolutely HUGE for a stock motor setup
wether its single or not
a pt61 is more lined up for that job
a gt30 turbo is a good choice but not a t70
T70's come is a huge array of sizes.

the size i reccomended is similar to a PT61. alittle bigger but not by much.

T70 has been proven to be a good turbo for a 3.8. a couple of guy's run them

a gt 35 or GT38 is smaller but more efficient than the older T70 so it will pretty much match the output and give alittle better low end.

i am giving examples of a few different turbo's that can be used with good results on a 3.8

i am going to try a GTP38 powerstroke turbo. huge size isn't really a mark of a turbo that can't spool. a Holset Hx35 is a very large turbo but it runs out of steam past 4000 because the trim is designed to spool fast for the low rpm's diesels run. a GTP38 powerstroke diesel is more like a gas engine turbo and while i don't expect it to be ideal it should prove to be a good low cost turbo that will make really nice power
TMA Turbo kits came with the pt61 turbo well it was offered as defult but is a decent choice i personally like my turbo and my spool time
im making very good numbers considering my setup
Old 02-02-2008, 11:18 PM
itschristorres8
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Xemeth

Are you kidding me? A 300rwhp V6 won't be able to touch an f body, Vette, or Supra. Well, depends on the year for the Supra, but it'll still never get near the F body or Vette. Blown GT's (they average at 375rwhp at 9 psi) have trouble hanging with the "El es Juan". The Cobra is no chance. They have like 360-380rwhp stock. Rated at 390 crank, but everyone knows that's closer to whp than crank. The Mach can be a drivers race, my vote going to the 4v since it has better top end than a V6 will. Sorry, I just don't see a blown V6 with only 300rwhp coming close to those cars.
i'd like to debate the statment
ive taken a well driven z28 stock from what i know in the 1/8 and a 02 SS from a 60-120mph with just 5.8psi and est 270rwhp
as ive also beaten a GTO 0-40 and hung with a bolt on GTO from 60-125mph
ive yet to race a C5 vette or find a stock supra but with more boost i find beating a stock GTO, z28 or ss not to challenging right now with 8.7psi un-tuned. tuned i will knock down GT-500s and termi's =) with about 340rwhp then at 10psi about 360rwhp is the goal
Old 02-02-2008, 11:38 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Are you kidding me? A 300rwhp V6 won't be able to touch an f body, Vette, or Supra. Well, depends on the year for the Supra, but it'll still never get near the F body or Vette. Blown GT's (they average at 375rwhp at 9 psi) have trouble hanging with the "El es Juan". The Cobra is no chance. They have like 360-380rwhp stock. Rated at 390 crank, but everyone knows that's closer to whp than crank. The Mach can be a drivers race, my vote going to the 4v since it has better top end than a V6 will. Sorry, I just don't see a blown V6 with only 300rwhp coming close to those cars.
ive taken a well driven z28 stock from what i know in the 1/8 and a 02 SS from a 60-120mph with just 5.8psi and est 270rwhp
ive yet to race a C5 vette or find a stock supra but with more boost i find beating a stock GTO, z28 or ss not to challenging right now with 8.7psi un-tuned. tuned i will knock down GT-500s and termi's =) with about 340rwhp then at 10psi about 360rwhp is the goal
To debate your debate: Real race starts from a stop, 60mph isn't a great spot for an LS1...
Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 AM
ramoyer1
3rd Gear Member

That is pretty much in teh middle of theer gears....I mean I got a neon that u can try alone with a evo.There far from stock.Dont get me wrong I am not trying to be a @$$ or anything just it would be a good race.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:41 AM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

At least someone finally called me out on being an ***.

To the OP do you know what is needed for a Turbo set-up, Twin-turbo set-up or Supercharger set-up? Like Chris stated earlier, he could give you a complete list of what is needed to do the set-up and you probably wouldn't know whathalf of the thingslooked like let alone what they did. Do you know how fast 400rwhp is in a 3200-3300 pound car is? Drive a 250-300rwhp car and see if that is fast enough before you start aiming for 400rwhp froma ~165wrhp car.

The problem with answering these turbo/supercharger questions are that they are 'usually' asked by kids that are 16-19. Everyone will give them a list of what is needed and then they tell them to anticipate the cost being between 4k-5k(just an example price). This is assuming that they can do a lot of the work themselves or do their own custom work. I would be willing to bet a large sum of moneythat not to many people on this site at the age of 16-19 were able to do their own full turbo/supercharger set-up or custom engine work.

To the OP, Sorry I was the first person to be the ******* to you and alsoto give you a ****ty welcome to the site. Their has been an ungodly amount of requests from people on turbo/super or 4.2L swap questions lately. It was just getting a little bit annoying seeing 2 or 3 different threads a day about the same thing that will never get done.

Their are a lot of people on this site that know what they are talking about and a lot of people that don't. Their are also a lot of people that like to hate and think they know more than they do. I have a feeling I know more about cars than 75% of the people in this section that think that I am a dumbass.Once again sorry for the ******* moment.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:44 AM
itschristorres8
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VCS_SSSTANG

To debate your debate: Real race starts from a stop, 60mph isn't a great spot for an LS1...
but a 1/8th mile up to 70mph+ isnt a real race =)

0-70 i can beat em 60+ i can beat em =)
Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 PM
BeachStang04
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vtghost

ORIGINAL: indisposible_teens

I know. It is getting annoying as hell really. How many M90/M112/Split-port/4.2L question have been asked in the last 5 days? I can think of at least 6 that have to do with something about making a V6 super-duper-awesome-fast-landspeedrecordholder-rediculous.

I know I am coming across as an ******* but it is getting a little old. I really think that their needs to be a stick with all of the items needed for the M90/M112/Split-port/4.2L swaps. That would probably take away a lot of these annoying *** threads.

Then Don't Bother Reading The Damn Posts.......You Flaming Idiot....

Oh Welcome To The Site...

If You Want Fast Get A Cobra Or GT....

Or A Cheap NOS Kit...
Before you falme him, he is correct. You all ask so many of the same questions because people are to damn lazy to search. Thats why I hardly come around the sixxer section to help anymore, so many kids that ask the same questions about superchargers and turbos and i give my advice and help and then 1 year later they are still sitting with a stock sixxer. Also stop watching 2F2F, NOS is a company nitrous is its correct name. Yes i know NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide System...and thats the name of the company not the product, zex dosent call there system NOS for a reason.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:41 PM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VCS_SSSTANG

so run what ya brung is ok even though they may be mismatched horrible but the only race is from a dig?? race what race is present it's the same is run what ya brung
Old 02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

Awww. I feel so loved. lol

I don't mind the newbies flaming me or the older people either. They seem to think that they know more about their car and its abilities than I do. If they know so much I don't understand why they ask so many questions about things that theynever intend to follow through with.

If the OP is getting beaten by Avenger's then maybe he needs to learn how to drive his car before he adds a twin-turbo set-up. I have never lost to an Avenger, not that they are a race, and I have a 98 sixxer with 40hp less than him.

Can anyone deny that the 6-10 threads a week about turbo/superchargers for 1kare getting annoying? I think that a lot of people find them annoying and they just didn't want to say anything.

I also like how people are calling me an idiot. Most of the people that think I am the idiot do not seem to know how to type a complete sentence oruse proper grammer. I am aware that it is the internet and people don't think that grammar or sentences matter. I myself do not really like to read posts that are not in complete sentences or where the grammar is so bad that I can barely read the post. They are also the people that like to ask how to make their 6's super-fast.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
kolarbear007

yea thanks for all the great information sorry to get a lot of people mad dont worry im probly gonna go with a procharger and let somebody else install it because i will straight up say that i do not know what i am doing when it comes to taht so i will leave it to the pros

[/align]

Quick Reply: twin turbo