V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Is it true putting money into my V6 is a waste?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 07:07 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Default RE: Is it true putting money into my V6 is a waste?

ORIGINAL: tightdogal

this is all the proof u need right here

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=175932
That thing is shweeet!!! He started with out the back tail pipes then cut off behind the rear axle. I like that. I might do it.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:07 PM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

YA what they all said
as you can see i have a 2003 V6, and i am planning on doing a fare bit to it. once i get the cash, so ya i would just say that he is Jealous[8D]. go for it!! have fun, and good luck
Old 04-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

taht is a bad azz v6. forget your friend. save up and S/C that thing...that alone will put you above 90% of the imports you'll see.

Or jsut start off small and build it up all engine. thats what im doin to my gt...forgin it out...then buyin a KB
Old 04-21-2005, 01:02 AM
PonyPower

Very nice looking V6 at SVTPerformance!
Old 04-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Hey that stang looks alot like mine love the hood!!! might get that one after all, after i get my saleen S351 wing repainted and installed WOO WOO!!
Old 04-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Chanedeezy4106
3rd Gear Member

I love those 3.8 Emblems he has on the side those look very clean i'm gonna have to pick some of those up...
Old 04-21-2005, 02:36 AM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

tell that guy that to tell people it's a waste of money to work on a buick 231 V6 with a turbo.

the buick guy's will likely kick his a$$

the ford was loosely based off of the buick block which became the GN so it is not a waste of time or money. large amounts of HP will be rewarded for wise money spent on the ford 3.8
Old 04-21-2005, 04:13 AM
KryptonicBlow

The way I see it, what is the point of buying a cheap 4 cyl with no power to begin with and modify it to call it a "sport car?" I mean, anyone on this forum I'm sure will say that a mustang runs like a sports car, reacts like a sports car, and was originally built as a sports car... Not one mustang, in my oppinion, needs to be modified because it already had the built in power for the speed. I'm sure most of us only upgrade parts to get more power, torque, and performance only because it's in our modern nature to want more. But like one person said, if you put $10,000 to a civic and $10,000 to a mustang, the mustang will out-perform the civic by far. Why? Because it was a sports car to begin with!
Old 04-21-2005, 04:21 AM
HRnB
Administrator

I agree Chan. I normaly like the debadged look, but they are cool if your V6 kicks ****.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KryptonicBlow

The way I see it, what is the point of buying a cheap 4 cyl with no power to begin with and modify it to call it a "sport car?" I mean, anyone on this forum I'm sure will say that a mustang runs like a sports car, reacts like a sports car, and was originally built as a sports car... Not one mustang, in my oppinion, needs to be modified because it already had the built in power for the speed. I'm sure most of us only upgrade parts to get more power, torque, and performance only because it's in our modern nature to want more. But like one person said, if you put $10,000 to a civic and $10,000 to a mustang, the mustang will out-perform the civic by far. Why? Because it was a sports car to begin with!
that's some crazy logic you got there, but what the hey.

in my opinion, he should COMPLETELY understand building a sixer, as it's the same concept as modifying his civic. sleeper potential is very high, you just have to find ways to get around ford's idea of the 3.8 (slow).

Quick Reply: Is it true putting money into my V6 is a waste?