V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

car sponsorships???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:08 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ezekiel90
sound as in engine/exhaust sound? or audio
Audio I'm sure.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:05 PM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

Originally Posted by fordforlife0225
hmmm i like that idea. to bad my gf aint rich or old.

Well I found a rich, old (well older than me) lady....too bad she is my manager, married and has a kid. God whatta bad luck I am!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:14 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RedStarBelgrade
Well I found a rich, old (well older than me) lady....too bad she is my manager, married and has a kid. God whatta bad luck I am!
kidnapp the kid and hold him for ransom cash/car parts
Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

Originally Posted by fordforlife0225
kidnapp the kid and hold him for ransom cash/car parts

hahahaha...Yeah, I'd be like "i won't hurt the kid if you get P&P heads and intakes, together with cam and rotating assembly, pullies and belt, twin turbo kit from TMA, and $700 for a dyno tune."
Old 11-21-2008, 02:43 PM
RedStarBelgrade

Old thread but anyways here we go!

Maybe a month ago I applied at carsponsorship . c o m not even taking it serious, i put the car info as well as mine and when i got to the payment step i just stoped and left the site...didnt feel like paying. Anyways the guy called me today, said he was from carsponsorship and how they went over my application and are interested in my car. He asked for some more info about the car, but i was in school so he left me his number and told me to give him a call later! I dont know how serious thi is, but i think what (if anything) attracted them is the fact that I said i want to do performance and a little on the exterior, and also the fact that i already have some bolt ons and a Vortech, so they could use that. And when it comes to the looks not a really big deal, bumpers, springs, hood and thats it. I also said i would be able to provide some of the parts. I havent called yet tho. So is it worth calling at all? I might give it a shot and call, see whats the catch! What do you guys think?
Old 11-21-2008, 09:06 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Not really worth it, I check it out a while back just for chits and giggles, not good vendors. All cheap crap you'd probably see on ebay. No vortech, no nothing good, just cheap fiberglass body kit sites, and cheap detail. About the best thing was Fidanza.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:29 PM
GermanyBert

Come on guys....no serious large company is gonna through parts and/or money at people modding their cars unless you have already spent some serious cash yourself. There is no money in it for them.

You would probably have better luck making a competing website to carsponsorship . c o m and make money off of all the kids who want sponsors.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Azrael
2nd Gear Member

Well, I can tell you where I live, the local companies hand out sponsorships like Halloween candy. However, that is at the cost of enormous window stickers, and gaudy decals. Still, if you can find a local company that has a small decal, you would be in luck. Mustangs seem to get sponsorships a slight bit easier here, as we have a large Mustang show, and the Route 66 show. The best thing you can do is to look for some open entry shows, where anyone and everyone can bring their car. They not only give you a shot at some cash, but it's a chance for the sponsors to find you, rather than you searching for them.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:12 AM
RedStarBelgrade

Well I just asked so I got the answers!

Originally Posted by Azrael
Well, I can tell you where I live, the local companies hand out sponsorships like Halloween candy.
Where do you live? I'm in Lansing IL!
Old 11-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Azrael
2nd Gear Member

I live in the grandiose capital of IL, Springfield. I forgot to include a charming story in my last post, too. Theres a guy I know who has a Eclipse with paint having been completely worn off of the roof. His only mod is supposed "exhaust port headers." However, to me it sounds like a rusted out stock muffler that he claims gives him a huge HP boost. So, he walks into this audio shop a couple of weeks ago, trying to get a sub and some speakers for his car, and walks out with a HUGE rear window sticker, but a solid 50% off discount. You really can't beat that kind of a deal. I haven't been to that shop, but they must be one classy place. Like I said, Halloween candy.

Quick Reply: car sponsorships???