V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

ricer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 03:02 AM
nitrox

Default ricer?

I know, dumb questions but ima ask anyways...what is considered a ricer? and where did the term come from?
Old 06-13-2005, 03:04 AM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: ricer?

alot of appearance mods and next to no performance. also tacky appearance stuff that are not functiona: ie. neon lighting, huge wings, wacky ground effects...
Old 06-13-2005, 03:07 AM
BrIaN_B

i think a ricer is a car that is all played out with things neons, azero lights (which i like) and things of that matter. Or things that are only for show and not really anything done to the motor more or less exterior goodies, as you would find on civics and rice burners. Some people like them some dont
Old 06-13-2005, 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: nitrox

I know, dumb questions but ima ask anyways...what is considered a ricer? and where did the term come from?
The term came from the introduction of japanese cars to the US market. Japanese eat a lot of rice, most people don't think an import is worth a damn. But it's been proven time and time again that when done right, an import with a small displacement engine can be fast.

The real meaning IMO is when some punk *** kid comes up to someone with a body kit, spoilers, rims and graphics with no engine mods and thinks he has the most badass car ever built.

The term (again IMO) has absolutely NOTHING to do with the car itself, but more with the attitude of the driver with the "riced" out vehicle.

There are ricer owners on both sides, import and domestic... and no matter what kind of car it is, it's a sad thing.

90% of the import owners I'm accustomed to talking to (mainly from hondaswap and civicland.com) are more into performance oriented modifications, not body kits.

It pretty much comes down to the driver of the vehicle with the non-performance modifications for me. A body kitted Civic can be pretty nice when the owner is down to earth and does it just because he wants to be different. I'm not into the flashy looking vehicles, so you'll never see wings and crap on my vehicle, but I can tolerate it on others and I won't insult someone who doesn't insult me first.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:22 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

yeah, ricers play on both sides of the field. there are far more import ricers than domestic though. you've seen stupid body kits that don't even match the color of the car. they have huge fart cans on them and try and take on anybody. nothing done performance wise, except the huge muffler that doesn't even give anything anyway. when they obviously lose and you start slowing down during a rice, you usually get a "ricer flyby", which pretty much ensures victory for them. middle finger is optional for them.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: nanaki

yeah, ricers play on both sides of the field. there are far more import ricers than domestic though.
Honestly, i see more body kitted v6 mustangs than I do Hondas or any other import for that matter.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:41 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Si
Honestly, i see more body kitted v6 mustangs than I do Hondas or any other import for that matter.
Must be weird out where you live. Although I do see a lot of riced out Mustangs, the imports are by far worse. Nothing like an unpainted body kit and a whale tail to make ya throw up a little in your mouth.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:00 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

ORIGINAL: nanaki

yeah, ricers play on both sides of the field. there are far more import ricers than domestic though.
maybe around where you are. i've seen a few riced out stangs around here, but in the va/md/dc area, there's a boatload of riced out imports.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:05 PM
nitrox

Ok, so a ricer can basically be any type of car from the definitions you all have given. I was thinking it was just a car like the civic or something like that with a loud muffler. So I found a few pics and this is what ive figured to be some examples [sm=smiley4.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17270/6C3AD872E57549DF9CC622FBE487D534.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17270/4EC6EF322A274724B44DD197F6C0826E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17270/ECA0B047A16C4FB7818630201A7DF2CA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-13-2005, 04:57 PM

www.anti-rice.com there's some funny pictures on there, but those guys are pretty critical. For instance, my exboyfriend used to have a tricked out Ford Mustang. It didn't have many performance mods besides a dual exhaust and a cai, and the rest was for looks. But he never tried to race other people. It's all good as long as you have the decency to buy all 4 wheels at once and not put them on one at a time and drive around like that. Also the primed body kits thathave yet to be painted don't belong. But to each their own, as long as you have the right attitude.