V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

1995 Mustang v6 stumbles hesitates on right hand turn only?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:44 PM
timborama2001

Default 1995 Mustang v6 stumbles hesitates on right hand turn only?

Hi I recentley bought a 1995 v6 mustang 3.8L with what I though was 182,000 miles but after I found out the odometer doesn't work. Who cares anyway. I test drove it and didn't notice it before but now when I make right hand turns only not left turns not straight driving but only right hand turns and sometimes up hill the car hesitates & stumbles or bucks, whatever you want to call it. If its a sharp enough or long enough turn it completely stalls out. Electric is still on and starts right up and runs again. Also not sure if this is part of the problem or a seperate one all together. When in park it revs fine but when in drive it revs very little and when stomped or pressed gas hard to get going it doesn't get going it very very slowly gets up to speed. Feels similar to a go cart that has a limiter on it. It won't down shift I don't think either when hitting the gas hard. I was told it had a new fuel pump. I replaced the air filter & fuel filter. Everything looks fine under the hood. But I'm not an expert just a do it my selfer with normal & medium work done on cars myself. Please help anything would be better than where I am stuck. Thanks in advance!!!!

UPDATE as of TODAY!!!

Well here is what i did and the result. I replaced the pcv valve on a whim because another forum someone had the same problem and it fixed it. It was $3 so i said what the heck try it out. At the same time I replaced the plugs one of them felt like it wasn't even on when I pulled the wire off. Also at the same time I dropped the gas tank and ohm tested the fuel level sender it tested fine there is roughly 3/4 of a tank when I took it down. Which is what the gauge read. Then I took out the fuel pump. The previous owner said he ahd just replaced it he did as I cuold tell it was new. But!! the strainer was missing & also the rubber seat it sits in snuggly to the housing it fits in was to big and was preventing it from sitting all the way at the bottom of the assembly and also prevented me from putting a new strainer on. So i removed ther rubber seat and installed a new strainer. Put it all back together. & guess what the car has more ummpphhh (power & get up) (still not as much as it should) & also the stutter was almost completely gone only very minor when I take a right turn now. HHHMMMM???? What the heck could it be that I made it better but not gone. HELP!!!