V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

2001 Ford Mustang Restoration Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Hikari_NOS
1st Gear Member

Exclamation 2001 Ford Mustang Restoration Help

I know that there is a wtb ad area on the forums but unfortunately I can't use it since you have to make at a minimum of 50 posts on the forums before you can post on the ad area. Anyways, down to the task at hand. I'm currently looking for a charcoal canister that comes from 2001 V6 ford mustang to stop my exhaust leak problem, and I'm looking for normal stock body parts such as the hood, skirts, front/rear bumpers, and the middle tail-light that sits right under the spoiler on the trunk. If anyone could help me out here that would be greatly appreciated. n_n
Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

You can find a lot of resto parts over at American Muscle. Here's a link to some outside exterior parts like fenders and bumpers and such...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...ior-parts.html
Old 04-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Ok I give up...how do I edit my posts? I just noticed my 'outside exterior' remark above lol.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:03 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

latemodelrestoration.com has a TON of stuff.

Fenders, hood etc... might be better just reconditioned...unless they are totally scrap.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:11 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

BUY YOUR BODY PANELS FROM THE DEALER!!!! Any of that stuff online is crap and doesn't, and just isn't worth it.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:19 PM
CitadelBulldogs
1st Gear Member

Buy from the dealer, i wouldnt trust an online source. wayyyy too sketchy for me...
Old 04-04-2010, 02:27 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

OEM is the only way to go.

I got a Silver Front bumper and Silber Forward Scooped V6 hood (GT hood if you put a scoop on) I would sell.

I am in Springfield Mo right now though so unless you come out this way shipping would be too much. ;D

Always check Craigslist and Ebay for cars being parted out.

Good luck with your search.

-Eric-
Old 04-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Hikari_NOS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
OEM is the only way to go.

I got a Silver Front bumper and Silber Forward Scooped V6 hood (GT hood if you put a scoop on) I would sell.

I am in Springfield Mo right now though so unless you come out this way shipping would be too much. ;D

Always check Craigslist and Ebay for cars being parted out.

Good luck with your search.

-Eric-
Yeah, I already tried Ford with the body parts like bumpers and hoods. Unfortunately they are way too expensive, so I'm kinda thinking about getting my body parts like that from Duraflex since they are reasonably cheaper than Ford and unlike Fiberglass they won't break easily. Or at least that is what the website says.

By the way thanks for the offer, and how would I check Craigslist and Ebay for cars being parted out? I generally look around on both when I need something but sometimes can't find what I'm looking for. And Clovis, NM isn't exactly the best place to live either which is why I'm looking forward to moving back to TN in another 2 years. Probably would have moved already, but can't really go anywhere else than where the military sticks you.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Hikari_NOS
1st Gear Member

Hey again everyone, starting to finally get my mustang fixed and I now have a question for all. Which of the two following third brake lights would look really nice? This http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/l...utm_medium=cse or this http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/l...utm_medium=cse ? I can't decide between the two. lol Anyways, I've got a new bumper now. In the process of sanding it down since it was from a totaled mustang that wasn't white. So things are finally starting to look up for my poor baby.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I have an extra stock third brake light if you still need.

Quick Reply: 2001 Ford Mustang Restoration Help