V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

OMG I love my car...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Shaunmac9128
6th Gear Member

Guys they were at 5mph, its very possible his brother spun where as the six hooked better because of less power and got traction first. Simple as that. By the time his brother got traction and started reeling him in he already had a little lead. Its not like hooking 500hp on the street is the easiest thing. Its not the weirdest thing to happen, I can't believe everyone jumping to call bs.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:23 AM
fearthisinc
3rd Gear Member

See thats the thing.. As we started going I didn't hear his tires spinning or anything but im thinking that maybe he wasnt punching it so that he wouldnt lose traction.. Like I said in my original post. I am not saying that the 6 is better then the shelby and I can't explain how it happened but im just saying hte 6 hung in there.. and im sure he is not the best at shifting.. hes only been driving stick for like 8-10 months.. I was just a little excited for a while that the 6er hung in for a while lol.. whether its because he can't shift, or because he was trying not to lost traction or whatever the 6er took the shelby off the line and then some until finally after getting up in speed he took it.. but even at higher speeds the 6 hung in for a second before the shelby took off like nothing.. but lets face it.. how many shelbys are out there.. even if with better shifting or whatever the shelby would have had a better take off the 6r was still hanging for a little.. so lets see.. take the shelby at 500+hp whereas most of the stangs and other peformance cars are in the area of 300.. the 6r will hang even better with them if not beat them completely.. and again.. the car isnt even properly tuned or has the nitrous running so once thats complete well i think you get the idea im going with.. nevermind if i decided to actually up the rear and get an 8.8 with 4.10's which i probably should have went with to begine with lol..
Old 05-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RyansQuick6
Wow, it seems the V8's got their panties in a bunch really quick, and jumped to conclusions without having any clue as to what your mods are lol.

Nah man it aint like that I was (and still am) surprised that a v6 vert kept up with a Shelby. I'm preety sure if the OP had killer mods he would have posted them. If he was turbocharged, nitrous and then I can see him hanging for a second. Hey man also I am from Louisiana. A small town called Jonesville...
Old 05-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Codycsg
1st Gear Member

welll...although im not completely disbelieving...i have the fastest six in my town, with a cai, exhaust, and a strong superchips tune, i raced an 06 eclipse rs 5 speed on thursday with cai, exhaust, udp, and headers from a 60 and we literally hung side by side with no pull..so..would i line up against a shelby after that...naaa
Old 05-22-2010, 10:53 AM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

I know our V6 cars can be good ..But a SHelby ??? really i have to question that ...
Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fearthisinc
See thats the thing.. As we started going I didn't hear his tires spinning or anything but im thinking that maybe he wasnt punching it so that he wouldnt lose traction.. Like I said in my original post. I am not saying that the 6 is better then the shelby and I can't explain how it happened but im just saying hte 6 hung in there.. and im sure he is not the best at shifting.. hes only been driving stick for like 8-10 months.. I was just a little excited for a while that the 6er hung in for a while lol.. whether its because he can't shift, or because he was trying not to lost traction or whatever the 6er took the shelby off the line and then some until finally after getting up in speed he took it.. but even at higher speeds the 6 hung in for a second before the shelby took off like nothing.. but lets face it.. how many shelbys are out there.. even if with better shifting or whatever the shelby would have had a better take off the 6r was still hanging for a little.. so lets see.. take the shelby at 500+hp whereas most of the stangs and other peformance cars are in the area of 300.. the 6r will hang even better with them if not beat them completely.. and again.. the car isnt even properly tuned or has the nitrous running so once thats complete well i think you get the idea im going with.. nevermind if i decided to actually up the rear and get an 8.8 with 4.10's which i probably should have went with to begine with lol..
Hey man once again I am not calling you a liar. But it seems as if you are trying to tell us how a 6cyl mustang is better equipped to beat a 500 hp car. Your exact words: take the shelby at 500+hp whereas most of the stangs and other peformance cars are in the area of 300.. the 6r will hang even better with them if not beat them. BTW what mods do you have? Also you said that you didnt hear any tires spinning. Man your brother should have walked the dog on you preety bad. Was he racing you? Once again guys not calling BS but after this last post I'm like WOW..
Old 05-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shaunmac9128
Guys they were at 5mph, its very possible his brother spun where as the six hooked better because of less power and got traction first. Simple as that. By the time his brother got traction and started reeling him in he already had a little lead. Its not like hooking 500hp on the street is the easiest thing. Its not the weirdest thing to happen, I can't believe everyone jumping to call bs.
Ok man even the OP said it. No tire spin. I'm really wondering if his brother was racing him...
Old 05-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Shaunmac9128
6th Gear Member

4.2 stroked out motor with forged rods and pistons as well as if I'm not mistaken a ported upper/lower, cam, ported heads, longtubes, 3.73s, lsd, and a few other bolt ons.

Last edited by Shaunmac9128; 05-22-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:09 PM
fearthisinc
3rd Gear Member

Oh we were racing ok lol... Thats why we went down there lol.. I finally got to talk to him and even he was in disbelief on how it happened.. Like I said.. maybe it was just luck or whatever but he couldnt explain what happened.. he said we were rolling and started to go and said that he saw the 6 pulling away but as soon as he hit second thats when his car started to pull on me and pass.. so idk.. like I said i cant explain it.. and in no way am i saying a v6 is better equipped then a shelby.. nor am i saying that a v6 is better in any way then a shelby... im just saying that i got lucky and a little excited that the v6 performed the way it did.. for it to hang in for a little with the shelby is pretty impressive.. his car still takes the win.. like i said while rolling at 30-40 and going we stick for a second or 2 and then the shelby takes it without even trying.. but for some reason at the slow roll we both start taking off and the v6 takes the lead until the shelby hits 2nd in which case it starts catching up eventually winning.. i can't explain why it would happen or how it would happen but it did.. was it just a fluke? maybe.. all i know is next time we will definately record it and see if it happens again.. we only did 1 race at the slow roll of 2-5mph.. all the others were done from 30ish... but if even he couldnt explain it and he was racing then idk.. time will tell...

As for the mods on my car here goes:
1 - Long Rod 4.3 motor built by SSM - 8.7:1 Compression
2 - Stage 3 Power Pak (SSM) - Includes Ported Upper/Lower Intake, Heads, 218/224 CompCams Billet Cam - and 65mm throttle body matching to the BBK Throttle Body
3 - BBK Cold Air Intake
4 - Vap Intake Spacer
5 - BBK Throttle Body
6 - Long Tube Headers w/ H-pipe
7 - Roush Side Exhaust
8 - SCT Tuning (Handheld Programmer out of box tune)
9 - 3.73 Gears
10 - Ford Racing Auto Lok
11 - Eibach Shock/Strut package
12 - Eibach Sway bars - Front/Rear
13 - Underdrive Pulley

Last edited by fearthisinc; 05-22-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:40 PM
TheWanderer

We'll get videos tonight hahah.

Quick Reply: OMG I love my car...