V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

P0174-P0171

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 PM
matthew88166

Default Problem still there

ok looks like im back again with a bit more information. This time i went and put a super car chip my mustang. which disabled O2, missfire sensors, so in other words i dont have them anymore as far as i can see on my OBD 2 Reader.

i have tried everything i possibly can to my car, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, k and N filter, changed the anti freeze, and switched the car over to synthetic oil, use 93 octane fuel since now the care requires it now since the super chip.

it seems every time i sea foam the engine threw a vacuum line or add some kind of additive to my gas it stays off for a little while but then it comes right back on. i do not know if anyone else has had this much trouble out of these 2 codes as i have been but if anyone has heard of ford putting in a code to disable it which in other words im saying

at a point on the odometer that lets say 150k miles on the car it will pop a engine light saying you are lean on bank 1 and bank 2 and no matter what you do you keep getting them codes till you take it to the ford dealer and disable this annoying trick.

i have had a few people tell me they do this but i do not know if its true. i love my car and i plan on keeping it for a long time but i hate a engine light i wish to god they never did put that annoying thing in a car ever.

but any way i got off track there if anyone else has went threw this and has found what the hell is wrong please let me know i wish to get this fixed and off my chest. i tend to worry to much about my car and so many people tell me i should not be like that but i cant seem to help it.

oh and for some reason i cant seem to be able to use a K and N filter either it seems like it triggers these 2 codes more frequently then a regular air filter so i am using a regular air filter but would love to use a k and N. if anyone knows a fix for that please let me know as well.

i have also tried using carb and choke cleaner every where on my car to try and find a vacuum leak and i have yet to find one and i have sent the car to garages about 5 times in the past year to try and find the problem. if anyone and i do mean anyone knows how to get rid of this **** please let me know i would greatly appreciate it so much. thanks and sorry it was so long.

Matt
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM
starbuckanthony30

I'm throwing p0171 code I replace the fuel pump strainer the front two o2 sensor and the spark plugs and wires
Old 05-16-2013, 12:54 PM
starbuckanthony30

Call 254 833 2417 on the message above
Old 05-16-2013, 02:02 PM
starbuckanthony30

I'm throwing p0171 code I replace the fuel pump strainer the front two o2 sensor and the spark plugs and wires and cleaned the maf and its still throwing it
Old 05-16-2013, 02:41 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Post deleted, I commented on the OP without realizing he date. Starbuck you should have started a new thread for your problem.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:16 PM
ericcaro

Originally Posted by matthew88166
ok looks like im back again with a bit more information. This time i went and put a super car chip my mustang. which disabled O2, missfire sensors, so in other words i dont have them anymore as far as i can see on my OBD 2 Reader.

i have tried everything i possibly can to my car, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, k and N filter, changed the anti freeze, and switched the car over to synthetic oil, use 93 octane fuel since now the care requires it now since the super chip.

it seems every time i sea foam the engine threw a vacuum line or add some kind of additive to my gas it stays off for a little while but then it comes right back on. i do not know if anyone else has had this much trouble out of these 2 codes as i have been but if anyone has heard of ford putting in a code to disable it which in other words im saying

at a point on the odometer that lets say 150k miles on the car it will pop a engine light saying you are lean on bank 1 and bank 2 and no matter what you do you keep getting them codes till you take it to the ford dealer and disable this annoying trick.

i have had a few people tell me they do this but i do not know if its true. i love my car and i plan on keeping it for a long time but i hate a engine light i wish to god they never did put that annoying thing in a car ever.

but any way i got off track there if anyone else has went threw this and has found what the hell is wrong please let me know i wish to get this fixed and off my chest. i tend to worry to much about my car and so many people tell me i should not be like that but i cant seem to help it.

oh and for some reason i cant seem to be able to use a K and N filter either it seems like it triggers these 2 codes more frequently then a regular air filter so i am using a regular air filter but would love to use a k and N. if anyone knows a fix for that please let me know as well.

i have also tried using carb and choke cleaner every where on my car to try and find a vacuum leak and i have yet to find one and i have sent the car to garages about 5 times in the past year to try and find the problem. if anyone and i do mean anyone knows how to get rid of this **** please let me know i would greatly appreciate it so much. thanks and sorry it was so long.

Matt
man i have the same problem i know what your going through my feiend,but i love my car too much to just give up on it.