V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

I'm spending a week with my stang. Yay!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Default I'm spending a week with my stang. Yay!!

Hello all. It is crazy how time can fly sometimes. But, without getting into my whole life story, I'll just say I've had some difficulties. Unfortunately, those difficulties have caused my stang to be neglected for 2+ years now. It has ran this whole time, but not many mods or planned upgrades have been made. So, without further ado, I am taking a vacation this next week, and I am going to spend it working on my car. I plan to do LT headers, a windstar intake, chin spoiler, maybe add a custom tune, finish my interior......(hopefully). And a few other appearance mods and maintenance. So, I look forward to reviving some of my old threads and having fun with my neglected, but ever so reliable stang. Stay tuned, I will take plenty of pics.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:27 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Sounds like a plan. My poor 5.0 is in the same boat, it's sitting up on jack stands with half the interior ripped out, the motor only partially installed (having an issue getting the new motor on the tranmission) and just looks like a wreck. Been busy with work and getting myself an 08 GT and 11 V6. Oh my geezers those new V6s are amazing, kind of ticked I bought that one for my fiance' and I rather than just myself lol. But yeah, I'm still looking forward to finishing my 5.0. I'll probably rarely drive it and may just sell it, but that car has been fun working on. If I keep it I'll just turn it into a full out show car that retains that factoryish look.

Keep us up to date on your project.

Here's a blurry image of my GT with the new scoops

And the new 2011 V6 sorry my fiance' sucks at pics lol

Last edited by jthorn9; 07-20-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:53 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Wow, you got rid of all the New Edges, huh? I've still not embraced the S197's, even less the new ones. I do agree about the new v6's though, they are pushing 300+ NA HP without missing a beat.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 AM
PureStatus
Banned

Originally Posted by mustang99v6
Hello all. It is crazy how time can fly sometimes. But, without getting into my whole life story, I'll just say I've had some difficulties. Unfortunately, those difficulties have caused my stang to be neglected for 2+ years now. It has ran this whole time, but not many mods or planned upgrades have been made. So, without further ado, I am taking a vacation this next week, and I am going to spend it working on my car. I plan to do LT headers, a windstar intake, chin spoiler, maybe add a custom tune, finish my interior......(hopefully). And a few other appearance mods and maintenance. So, I look forward to reviving some of my old threads and having fun with my neglected, but ever so reliable stang. Stay tuned, I will take plenty of pics.
Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pics!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 AM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PureStatus
Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pics!
Thanks! Day 1 update is........ not much. Ha.
It went something like: drink beer, seafoam, drink beer, clean TB, drink beer, change ATF.
So, nothing really interesting to report. Did I mention what an ABSOLUTE PITA it is to change the ATF and filter???!!!!!!
My god, horrible job. All you auto guys do yourselves a favor. Tap a hole in the bottom of the pan and get a graded bolt and brass washer. I would have done it yesterday myself, but I'm planning on building/dropping in a stroker next year.
Hopefully today I can get to some fun stuff!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

How did the seafoam work out? I did it to my 93 F150 with 58k miles....small puff of smoke. I was disappointed.

I then did it to my 00 Sable with 168k miles and HOLY SMOKE OUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD BATMAN! It BLANKETED the neighborhood for about 5 mins. I was almost, almost, slightly embarrassed....
Old 07-22-2011, 12:29 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchi
How did the seafoam work out? I did it to my 93 F150 with 58k miles....small puff of smoke. I was disappointed.

I then did it to my 00 Sable with 168k miles and HOLY SMOKE OUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD BATMAN! It BLANKETED the neighborhood for about 5 mins. I was almost, almost, slightly embarrassed....
It always works great for me. I do a 3 way with it once a year and change out all the filters, etc. afterward. I think most people go into it expecting/wanting to see lots of smoke. I used to get quite a bit, but these past few years not so much. I wouldn't be concerned about lack of smoke as long as you got a third or even half the can in and let it soak for 10+ minutes. Here is a thread I did a while back about it:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1...-vs-bg44k.html
Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Okay, so my week has turned into two weeks and change. I spent the vacation week basically getting everything cleaned up and ordered. Due to some delays on parts and a friendly scorpion stinging me on the big toe......
I am behind to say the least.
But, it was fun to re-familiarize myself with my Stang. I've been off dealing with german cars for quite a while now, so I am a bit rusty on the american muscle. I didn't get to my big stuff that I had planned last week, but I did lay the ground work. So, I will start updating my old threads and starting new ones based off of my progress. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:44 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Looky what I got!!!!!! Big brown truck brought me some goodies. I'm going to check my list twice and start gearing up to make the plastic swap!!!!

Kit came from vapauto. Great looking stuff!!!! Great job on the powdercoating, it's gonna look great under the hood. I opted for the 65mm TB upgrade. I've heard a million times that it doesn't do anything, but I've heard it one time from someone I trust that it does. So, I figured at this price I'd pick one up.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Ive always loved the Winstar intake look! Have fun.

Matthew

Quick Reply: I'm spending a week with my stang. Yay!!