V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Extremely bad day for her Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:08 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by desertt5
Went today and swapped the bullets that had nearly new tires on them forsome junkyard wheels before I signed it over to insurance. been shopping for another vert already. I spoiled her too much and now she REALLY wants another vert.
Should have took more than that.....
I would have pulled the leather seats so you wouldn't have to look for those. Could have took the soft top to cover your bases there. C'est la vie.....
Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 PM
desertt5
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
. I would love to see how much money ins. is going to give you for it. Keep us posted.

Matthew
I am very curious too. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 PM
desertt5
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang99v6
Should have took more than that.....
I would have pulled the leather seats so you wouldn't have to look for those. Could have took the soft top to cover your bases there. C'est la vie.....
Had to replace anything I pulled off. If I took the cover, i would have had to put one back. The towing company told me it is mostly for things like aftermarke items that insurance will not pay more for. I would love to put that top in the garage for the next one. it was flawless and black. I cannot see why they ever put tan tops on any color car. Just not my thing.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:32 AM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Had to replace anything I pulled off. If I took the cover, i would have had to put one back. The towing company told me it is mostly for things like aftermarke items that insurance will not pay more for. I would love to put that top in the garage for the next one. it was flawless and black. I cannot see why they ever put tan tops on any color car. Just not my thing.
That's really weird....
I had a wreck a few years ago that totaled the car. I gave them a husk. I took brakes, wheels, full interior, stereo, gauge pod, you name it. Maybe each company is different though. Good luck on it though.

I am very curious too. Will keep everyone posted.
Another thing that seems off. They have already taken the car from you and not told you what the payoff is? I had an adjuster with a check in hand when they picked the car up.

Last edited by mustang99v6; 12-17-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:52 AM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

That will definitely be a total out, they will offer you to buy it back, but I woudn't, just my opinion. And yes that does sound wierd, we just had our corolla vandalized and we had the money WAY before they took the car. Idiot had NO idea how to steal a car, long story short, we got paid more than the car was worth in the private sector. Good luck, hope you get a nice chunk of change for the trouble.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang99v6
That's really weird....
I had a wreck a few years ago that totaled the car. I gave them a husk. I took brakes, wheels, full interior, stereo, gauge pod, you name it. Maybe each company is different though. Good luck on it though.
I had an '86 Benz that I slammed a deer with. Insurance person (Geico) came out for an assesment, told me it was totaled (bc of possible unseen frame damage) and wrote me a check for $2100 (I only paid $1800 four years before that for the whole car). Then I was able to keep the car, dropped $600 on new headlights, hood, and grille and drove it for 3 more years. Def lucked out in that deal!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 AM
desertt5
1st Gear Member

Technically the car is still mine. When I said i signed it over to insurance, I actually just gave them permission to move it to a different lot I guess.

I do not want the car back at all. When I was pullng the rear tires, I saw that the underside of the trunk had dented the rear shocks in and the frame leading from the rearend to the back bumper was creased.

Thisweek will be long waiting on what they offer.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:48 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Sucks to hear. I'd get onto CL, Autotrader and sites like them to find a bunch of very similar cars for sale right now. They owe you cost of replacement and not a book value.

Originally Posted by steviebatz
i have a 7 up for sale 1990 lx 5.0 vert
Originally Posted by steviebatz
also have 43,000 mile 911 1974 targa for sale
Seriously man? 3 posts on this forum, and two of them are trying to sell stuff (which isn't even the right style car for this thread). Wow, such a troll.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:54 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

She is sore but nothing serious right now. Kind of timid about driving as you could imagine. Think she may be driving the Excursion for a while. New Mexico does not ticket drivers for most wrecks unless a LEO actually sees it happen. She, the Trailblazer, was marked as "at fault" on the accident report. The quarter panel is pushed up 1 full inch past the driver door end.
just out of curiosity, what do you have done to that 6.0 EX?

more important thing, hope she is ok, i had a friend in a bad accident a while back and it took a year for his body to start having issues...after he settled, so he is SOL, so wait a while before taking any checks. such a shame to see another redfire vert go down though.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:03 PM
desertt5
1st Gear Member

The Ex was a pain for a while. In the first 15K miles of owning it I have done:

EGR delete
coolant filter
oil cooler
2 injectors ($200+ a piece)
fuel pump
fuel pressure spring upgrade
rebuilt trans + convertor
ball joints
turbo rebuild
alternator x2
battery x2
all fluids changed.
Had extra leaf spring put in all around and 295 tires on it when we got it.

Running pretty good now. Pulls like a beast like it should. Love driving it, just can't afford it for a 40 mile round trip every day to work.

You on FTE?

Last edited by desertt5; 12-17-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Extremely bad day for her Mustang