V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Sixer's support threadf (SST?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 04:04 PM
zentin
Banned

Default Sixer's support threadf (SST?)

Hi, I made this thread because I have bipolar and schizoaffective symptoms and went crazy recently and was hospitalized again for a short time because I went in a obsessive manic state where I stayed up like 3 days straight looking online/classified ads for a mustang GT and or vert. I'm still hardly recovered because I still am looking but am on the down side of it so hope to normalize in a few days.

I talked with my therapist and found it was hugely hurting my self esteem when everyones telling me "oh you should of gotten a v8," or "too bad it's just a v6." I know lot of y'all said "just love what you drive" but its hard cuz EVERYWHERE I go I hear "oh v6's suck," even in this section people post like "hoping to get a v8 soon," or "I know v6, "

Maybe we could support each other by complimenting each others cars and or just talking about v6 benefits or something? I think I saw a guy on cardomain.com with a 3.8L badge on his car, I think that's a start.

I think my v8 obsession is getting out of control and unhealthy and I should focus on making my v6 look nice and loving it. The reason I am unable to get a GT is that in my area of MN, in a 100 mile radius the mustang GT's are in Awful condition and yet overpriced....like 1998 mustang gt with 130k milage going for 8k :S and i'm also scared if i buy used without warranty it will be a lemon :S
Old 06-14-2013, 04:05 PM
zentin
Banned

but i will say this you guys, i test drove a cobra convertible through a curvy foresty road on a nice day, and it was HEAVEN!!! even if i can't get a v8 i'd like a vert

Last edited by zentin; 06-14-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:55 PM
zentin
Banned

Its freakin bs cuz in winter I was like the only mustang on road cuz all the pretty people hibernate or idk what, but today alone I saw 2 cobras and several girls driving v6 mustang newer then me, and when I say I'm going to kill myself I become labled as troubled but no one sees how unfair it is from my perspective its ****ing bull****
Old 06-14-2013, 10:54 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Your lucky to have a mustang period. My first ride was a single cam 4 cyl 4 door 93 Saturn. That car sucked ***** as far as being cool or performance wise. Be patient, got my 94 GT for 600. My mom got her 92 GT for 1500. Just save them pennies and be ready when that big deal pops up! Look into some older fox bodies, get an older GT to tinker with and keep your sixxer as a good daily!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:57 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Oh by the way I love my v6. Also verts are a nightmare if you ever have any slight top issues! Been there....done that.... Need to replace my 94's top but I'm not looking forward to it.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:31 AM
zentin
Banned

yeah i know but its so frustrating because everytime a GT pulls by me on the street they rev their engine and i feel like crap, not to mention everyone saying "u need a v8"
Old 06-15-2013, 10:32 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

A car is not something to get depressed over. My v6 does just fine. You have a 98 right? Do a split port swap, it will pull just as hard as a lot of older v8's after that.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

I do believe our v6's have a hell of a lot of charm. I think we're always looking for something better as humans. But I'm not so sure I'd give away mine for a hallow new v8. I'll prob buy one sooner or later but I won't trade my first mustang for it. The trade in value (like 3k I'm guessing) just ain't worth it. I'll take charm anyday. And hey let's see some of y'all's cars baby and zentin!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:12 PM
zentin
Banned

i have calmed down alot, sorry for raging earlier.

Originally Posted by BabyGT
A car is not something to get depressed over. My v6 does just fine. You have a 98 right? Do a split port swap, it will pull just as hard as a lot of older v8's after that.
What is a split port swap and why am i just hearing about this just now LOL? I can get as fast as a v8 by doing a split port swap? How much would it cost and how is it done?

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
I do believe our v6's have a hell of a lot of charm. I think we're always looking for something better as humans. But I'm not so sure I'd give away mine for a hallow new v8. I'll prob buy one sooner or later but I won't trade my first mustang for it. The trade in value (like 3k I'm guessing) just ain't worth it. I'll take charm anyday. And hey let's see some of y'all's cars baby and zentin!
I agree 110% with this as I have seen it in myself all my life looking back!

Last edited by zentin; 06-15-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:19 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

"Split port" is the heads/intake off a 99-04 V6. Faster than the old V8 isn't saying much. Those things are dogs compared to cars of today.

Quick Reply: Sixer's support threadf (SST?)