V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

2015 spring plans for your car thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 03:30 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Default 2015 spring plans for your car thread

Thought Id start an all inclusive 2015 spring thread for plans to do to your car kinda thing. I have stuff backed up that Ive been putting off and asking questions about. Ive pretty much decided to go the extra mile and replace some stuff, add others, and try to do it all myself and only go the mechanic/shop route if I f it up

1. Replace fog light lenses, bulbs, and 1 broke bevel. Wires should still be good. I was going to try and clean them but I dont think thats feasible with them being plastic. I plan to buy glass ones.

2. Buy and install a chin spoiler. I think it would help make the front end look beefier so to speak.

3. Update gauge lighting to LED. They dont work 99% of the time as is and none of them are bright..gauges, ac, or radio.

4. Replace the entire MACH 460 sound system. Head will be Pioneer, speakers will be Infinity Kappas, and Im not settled on amp or sub yet. This I will have installed. I would just ruin it and my car trying to do it.

5. Have the rear defogger looked at. I can find NO breaks in it at all not even a scratch and the switch lights up when on. But it still doesn't work. Going to break out my multimeter and try it on it.

6. Full detail cleaning inside and out.

I plan to buy all I can from American Muscle. The radio stuff will be from Crutchfield. The costs at a guess are.....

1. $200
2. $70
3. $250
4. $1000 - $1200
5. $200 ?

$2800 over the year or so.

Last edited by Daehawk; 02-24-2015 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:52 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Not sure how much of this will actually get done, but my plans are:

1996:
replace filler neck gasket
255 lpm fuel pump
replace rings in supercoupe motor and swap in.
fab up dual exhaust
fix/replace wiper/signal stalk
cobra hood
saleen front facia
saleen/allen speedlab graphics

2000:
make roof and install
99/01 cobra facia
paint car
reassymble interior
big brake kit
Old 02-24-2015, 09:58 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Daehawk
Thought Id start an all inclusive 2015 spring thread for plans to do to your car kinda thing. I have stuff backed up that Ive been putting off and asking questions about. Ive pretty much decided to go the extra mile and replace some stuff, add others, and try to do it all myself and only go the mechanic/shop route if I f it up

1. Replace fog light lenses, bulbs, and 1 broke bevel. Wires should still be good. I was going to try and clean them but I dont think thats feasible with them being plastic. I plan to buy glass ones.

2. Buy and install a chin spoiler. I think it would help make the front end look beefier so to speak.

3. Update gauge lighting to LED. They dont work 99% of the time as is and none of them are bright..gauges, ac, or radio.

4. Replace the entire MACH 460 sound system. Head will be Pioneer, speakers will be Infinity Kappas, and Im not settled on amp or sub yet. This I will have installed. I would just ruin it and my car trying to do it.

5. Have the rear defogger looked at. I can find NO breaks in it at all not even a scratch and the switch lights up when on. But it still doesn't work. Going to break out my multimeter and try it on it.

6. Full detail cleaning inside and out.

I plan to buy all I can from American Muscle. The radio stuff will be from Crutchfield. The costs at a guess are.....

1. $200
2. $70
3. $250
4. $1000 - $1200
5. $200 ?

$2800 over the year or so.
Hey Dae,

This sounds like an awesome plan and I'm definitely sticking around for updates!

Make sure to take plenty of pictures!

We appreciate the business and support and if you do not have it yet, shoot me over a PM so I can hook you up with the forums discount code!

Looking forward to checking this build out!

-Will
Old 02-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Jim74656
1st Gear Member

well I might as well post even though I have yet to ring the car home, but here goes...

2004 Mustang

-bring it home!!

-upgrade the K-member to lighter weight one
-lower the car by .5" (want to keep a mild stance)
-progressive turn signal (directional similar to newer style stangs with the directional indicators that flash from inner to outer)
-LED lighting upgrades (headlamps, and all exterior lights and if able interior like cluster, dome, ect)
-mild tinting
-short shift kit with fully adjustable shifter set up
-Cobra facia swap (keep current hood but swap bumper for the Cobra style)
and at this point in time thats really the only plans I have for it, unless other ideas are given to me or suggested
Old 02-26-2015, 05:52 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

The biggest thing I would like to do with my car this year is to find the time to actually drive and enjoy it, but I've got a ported blower plus supporting mods waiting to go in
Old 03-07-2015, 09:41 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

I'll keep the thread going despite no longer owning an sn95 v6

2013 Mustang GT CS
Airaide CAI
Bama Tune

2013 Mustang Pony Package
Airaide CAI
Bama Tune
SCT XCal Tuner
Side Scoops
Old 03-09-2015, 12:41 AM
Jim74656
1st Gear Member

Well here is my revised list now that I have the 2004 V6 Mustang home

-upgrade the K-member to lighter weight one from AM most likely
-lower the car by .5" (want to keep a mild stance)
-progressive turn signal (directional similar to newer style stangs with the directional indicators that flash from inner to outer)
-LED lighting upgrades (headlamps, and all exterior lights and if able interior like cluster, dome, ect)
-mild tinting
-short shift kit with fully adjustable shifter set up
-Cobra facia swap (keep current hood but swap bumper for the Cobra style)
and at this point in time thats really the only plans I have for it, unless other ideas are given to me or suggested
-Ford factory sat nav/radio install
-figure out how to make all lighting (excluding the HVAC if able) amber/orange and the HVAC red/bles for thetemp controls and remainder spots amber/orange
Old 03-09-2015, 02:42 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Hmmm I might look into window tint too. Used to have it on my Trans-Am.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:49 PM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

im planning on replacing, restoring everything that's wrong with my car at the moment.

1. replace fuel level sending unit
2. replace gaskets on headers
3. replace cracked windshield.
4. replace drivers side window motor
5. replace broken ac vents
6. replace shocks and struts

besides maintenance im planning in reinstalling window tint before summer gets here

Last edited by torchred02; 03-09-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Jim74656
1st Gear Member

ordered some LEDs for the interior of the car YAY!!! plan to get them installed now! also ordered two new key/fob combo keys and plan to have those cut and then programme them my self!

Quick Reply: 2015 spring plans for your car thread