V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Idle Problem 2000 V6

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 06:15 PM
Eoleary0

Default Idle Problem 2000 V6

Hello all, this is my first post even though I have used this site for years. I bought my '00 V6 a little over a year ago. It had been wrecked and sat for over a year before I bought it. I have been driving it off and on for the past year now and it has always had hesitation at idle.
Things replaced:
IAC valve
TPS
Motorcraft plugs
Sparkplug wires
Ignition coil pack
Air filter
Fuel Filter
Things Cleaned:
MAF Sensor
Throttle Body
I tested compression and got roughly 140 psi on each cylinder. Fuel pressure was around 35 psi I believe. It has slight hesitation at idle, then when it is shut off and started after it is warmed it misfires. Exhaust has a light sputtering sound when it idles. It hasn't thrown any codes, recently had the exhaust off to replace the clutch and it was tightened to spec, so I don't believe it is leaking. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old 11-28-2016, 04:43 PM
Eoleary0

Update: I ran some live data today and the fuel trim percentage for bank 2 was double and fluctuated rapidly compared to fuel trim for bank 1. So my question now is could an exhaust leak before the cat cause it to run rich and idle like crap?
Thanks for any help.