V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

fram oil filter or motorcraft

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:14 PM
two mustangs

Default fram oil filter or motorcraft

I was reading a post on oil filters and some one said dont use fram oil filters ,but they really didnt say why . so in your opinion should i be running motor craft oil filters.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Octane
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: fram oil filter or motorcraft

I would like to see what responses are posted. I used to use Fram, then started using Motorcraft. I am thinking about using K&N, but not sure if it is worth it. I usually change oil filter during oil change anyway, so I would think quality of most big name oil filters would be pretty much equal for that short of a time frame?

What do others say?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:29 PM
traveler
I ♥ Acer

I really think it is a matter or preference...I like Fram and I use Fram...I even use Fram on my motorcycles. I also use Mobil 1 and NGK
Old 02-07-2006, 04:39 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

just a word of advice... you guys should really check out the other sections once in a while, cause a lot of the info that applies to other stangs also applies to your v6's. this is a sticky in the general tech section.[8D]

https://mustangforums.com/m_664012/tm.htm
Old 02-07-2006, 05:16 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

Yes, and I made my reply to that thread. There is NOTHING wrong with Fram filters. I've been using them for MANY years. ALL my cars get Fram filters. The ONLY fram filter I had ANY prob was with a cartridge fuel filter someone else installed in a customer car. It had too much glue in it. I have raced with them, and used them in daily drivers. NEVER had any problems with a Fram oil filter. that's 30 years + of using them!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:51 PM
TorchV6
4th Gear Member

I pretty much use any filter I want at the time of purchase. I have used pennzoil, fram, motorcraft, K&N... They are all the same that I have noticed but then again I change it everytime I change the oil and also I change my oil every 3k so I bet that helps too. So my opinion is use whatever you want or go with the cheapest. The reason I have used pennzoil is I use to work at Jiffy Lube so they were free, the reason for motorcraft is my bro can ****** me one from the dealership he works at every now and then and the K&N was the first filter I ever bought because I was a noob and thought it would help performance. The fram is what I just bought at walmart cuz it was cheap and I bought my oil there.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:21 PM
HRnB
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

Yes, and I made my reply to that thread. There is NOTHING wrong with Fram filters. I've been using them for MANY years. ALL my cars get Fram filters. The ONLY fram filter I had ANY prob was with a cartridge fuel filter someone else installed in a customer car. It had too much glue in it. I have raced with them, and used them in daily drivers. NEVER had any problems with a Fram oil filter. that's 30 years + of using them!
Did they even make cars back then? Dude, you must be like a eleventy hundred years old. [8D]
Old 02-07-2006, 06:22 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HotRods_n_Booze

ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

Did they even make cars back then? Dude, you must be like a eleventy hundred years old. [8D]
Umm booze...you just [sm=owned.gif] yourself. We are just aboot the same age there your Booziness....
And you are right. But that includes the times when I was helping my brother build motors and drag cars. He also always uses Fram!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:24 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Oh ya........
...as I was saying. You must be like eleventy hundred times smarter then everyone here.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:25 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HotRods_n_Booze

Oh ya........
...as I was saying. You must be like eleventy hundred times smarter then everyone here.
That's more like it!

Quick Reply: fram oil filter or motorcraft