V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Sixxer chat

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:05 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I'm right here.
Dash plaque is in the wrong spot.... and looks to say "Stage 2" (bad pic). It should be to the right of the steering column, not on the top of the dash.
Everything looks fairly legit other than that. I'd say it is possible to be a Stage 1 or Sport package with wheel upgrade from '98. Does the seller have the name of the builder??

Not a bad price even if it's a fake.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

If the government wanted us to have 100mpg cars... we would have already.

Oil = money

edit** basing my opinion on the fact that a 12 valve cummins gets better mileage than a new 6.7 cummins. Mind you the 12 valve has no power.

Last edited by Fink; 03-08-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by LilRoush
I'm right here.
Dash plaque is in the wrong spot.... and looks to say "Stage 2" (bad pic). It should be to the right of the steering column, not on the top of the dash.
Everything looks fairly legit other than that. I'd say it is possible to be a Stage 1 or Sport package with wheel upgrade from '98. Does the seller have the name of the builder??

Not a bad price even if it's a fake.
I thought it said stage 2 as well.

ran the vin through the Roush site, but they have nothing- but theyre also imcomplete pre-00. Think its worth more of a looksy? Wasnt planning on buying soon, but looks good to me.

but at the same point, the GF's 98 GT was 5200 with 93k and minor mods (minus wheels). I wanted to spend around 5k. think that car is worth 6400? even then, Id rather pay closer to 5800.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:17 PM
WoahPony
3rd Gear Member

*Adding to the conversation that interrupted the current conversation*

The solar idea's are pretty legitimate along with the hybrid. The DC current generated from the solar cells actually runs quite nicely with the batteries. Really It's sometimes as simple as hardwiring it to the batteries as far as charging goes, but it should be something that was implemented with the hybrids from day one if you ask me. Some of those flexible cell mats are 10% the cost of traditional panels I've actually installed a few systems myself of homes with irregular roofing
Old 03-09-2012, 09:30 AM
MegaWatz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WoahPony
*Adding to the conversation that interrupted the current conversation*

The solar idea's are pretty legitimate along with the hybrid. The DC current generated from the solar cells actually runs quite nicely with the batteries. Really It's sometimes as simple as hardwiring it to the batteries as far as charging goes, but it should be something that was implemented with the hybrids from day one if you ask me. Some of those flexible cell mats are 10% the cost of traditional panels I've actually installed a few systems myself of homes with irregular roofing
I've always had to the idea of replacing the top portion of my spoiler with a contoured solar panel that hooks to the battery. But, why would keeping the cars battery charged actually increase MPGs? *i didn't read the whole article*
Old 03-09-2012, 04:54 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NYstang
I thought it said stage 2 as well.

ran the vin through the Roush site, but they have nothing- but theyre also imcomplete pre-00. Think its worth more of a looksy? Wasnt planning on buying soon, but looks good to me.

but at the same point, the GF's 98 GT was 5200 with 93k and minor mods (minus wheels). I wanted to spend around 5k. think that car is worth 6400? even then, Id rather pay closer to 5800.
There are only records of the Stage 3s (1995) and the supercharged / Cobra cars built pre 2000. Even up into early 2001 is sketchy at best b/c Roush still outsourced some of the builds. They did all S3 in house.

In '98 there were a handful of builders Roush used. Would be interesting to see if I can track down the original builder. I could get Stage and other info from there.

If it's straight, I'd say it's a good price at $6400 for sure. There's a true Stage 2 still for sale on FNSweet for like $17,500 right now. Authentic early generation Roush cars are getting up there in price. One of the original 1995 Stage 3's just showed up for like $35K... and the hard core guys pay the $$ to get them.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 PM
brad2130
1st Gear Member

Hey everybody. This is my first reply in a while because I been working hard core at my new job at Taco Bell! But anyways on the way home this trans am kept bullying me fore about half an hr so I finally decided to race him. I lost by only a car lenth. It was a 94 lt1 built up a little (so he said). But anyways check out the video! Im in my 99 mustang v6 5 sp. My youtube name is brad2130.
this is the URL to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN0O6m1b7lw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
>
>
>
>please watch! Im kinda proud of my sixxer=)
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MegaWatz
I've always had to the idea of replacing the top portion of my spoiler with a contoured solar panel that hooks to the battery. But, why would keeping the cars battery charged actually increase MPGs? *i didn't read the whole article*
We are talking about a Prius, its a Hybrid vehicle that runs part time off the batteries and part from the engine.

Pimp My Ride did the whole solor panel in the spoiler thing already, looked like ***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cync1...eature=related

Last edited by NeoTokyo; 03-09-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Here is an awesome idea for full EV cars.
Runnin low on EV juice after grabbing some O juice?

Charge your bat while your in the store!

http://hooniverse.com/2009/11/24/ric...ve-the-planet/

Man thats an ugly spoiler! lol
But its a cool and effective way to easily store and use a solor panel.

<=== AND LOOK, YOUR **** CAN FLY NOW!

ThreadJack Off -/-

Old 03-10-2012, 09:32 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by LilRoush
There are only records of the Stage 3s (1995) and the supercharged / Cobra cars built pre 2000. Even up into early 2001 is sketchy at best b/c Roush still outsourced some of the builds. They did all S3 in house.

In '98 there were a handful of builders Roush used. Would be interesting to see if I can track down the original builder. I could get Stage and other info from there.

If it's straight, I'd say it's a good price at $6400 for sure. There's a true Stage 2 still for sale on FNSweet for like $17,500 right now. Authentic early generation Roush cars are getting up there in price. One of the original 1995 Stage 3's just showed up for like $35K... and the hard core guys pay the $$ to get them.
Damn, some pricey rides!!

I'd almost feel bad about driving it in the winter up here then...

Curious to see if its real now- only real problem is financing at this point then

Quick Reply: Sixxer chat