V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Summer's over...did you do any fun projects?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 02:20 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Default Summer's over...did you do any fun projects?

Hello all. Every now and then I feel one must take a break from engine this and suspension that. What about the fun little things!! I've been doing an interior swap for a while now. In the middle of it, I asked myself, "what are my carpet choices"? I was gonna do some crazy custom sh*t at first. Then I thought about weight savings. So, lightbulb!!!!! Rhinolining!!!! OMFG!!! It's the greatest idea ever, especially when you have a clumsy girlfriend like mine that likes to drop coffee & sh*t in my car all the time...... She's hot though, so I can't complain that much.... So, here is the ordeal. Make sure to post up your fun projects! Thanks for looking.

Okay, here is how it started:

cleaned out, kinda looks like a tank.... ha ha

considering maybe just spraypainting it at this moment:

figured I'd seal up all of the nasty bits beforehand....

too late to turn back now..... FYI, this stuff dries really slow and caustic.

here it is. the sun was so bright it looks green or ash gray, but it came out nice and flat black BTW...

And.... the cherry on top!!!! ya'll know I had to do it. Last minute idea, it's the best. I put the spare tire cover over it and johnny law doesn't even know I'm carrying 100 beers!!! ha ha. Until he hears the ice/water slooshing around.....

Last edited by mustang99v6; 10-13-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Shaunmac9128
6th Gear Member

I loveee the trunk haha. Reminds me of the new budlight commercial. So am I to understand your not putting carpet back down?...
Old 10-13-2010, 02:44 PM
sonicx
speed'n

kinda smart in one aspect except (no offense) but isn't that gonna look wierd just leaving it w/ rhino showing?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:02 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Default 1

Originally Posted by Shaunmac9128
I loveee the trunk haha. Reminds me of the new budlight commercial. So am I to understand your not putting carpet back down?...
yea, I doubt it will ever have carpet again. The trunk is quite the attention getter!! (when I have beer in it that is). I havent' seen that commercial but I will have to check it out, even though I'm a Coors guy.....
Oh, and BTW, I even had the sense of mind to tape open one of the rubber plugs so that I could drain it later..

Last edited by mustang99v6; 10-13-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:05 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Default 1

Originally Posted by sonicx
kinda smart in one aspect except (no offense) but isn't that gonna look wierd just leaving it w/ rhino showing?
aha, good senses padawan..... Yes, I already have that planned out. I am going with stainless steel custom floormats and wiring conduit to cover my wiring. I'm shooting for a matrix meets aliens meets techno-f*ck look!!!! All black & silver FTW!!
Old 10-13-2010, 06:29 PM
WoahPony
3rd Gear Member

I built a catback with two lengths of 2.5" piping, a welder, a 15" wheel, a torch, and two cherry bomb mufflers =) workin' on the install now. Really interested to see how cherry bombs sound on a setup with LT's and catted H (The wheel and torch is what I used as a bender haha)
Old 10-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

I put fogs in, lowered the car, put Bullitt brakes on.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fink
I put fogs in, lowered the car, put Bullitt brakes on.
hows them knuckles bleeding up in canada? those are some scary jobs!!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:26 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by mustang99v6
aha, good senses padawan..... Yes, I already have that planned out. I am going with stainless steel custom floormats and wiring conduit to cover my wiring. I'm shooting for a matrix meets aliens meets techno-f*ck look!!!! All black & silver FTW!!
Keep the pics uh-coming man.... i'd like to see what it'll look like once done.

And then once done what the opinion is: good or bad (how it works out)
Old 10-21-2010, 12:23 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

did some LED work. license plate lights, gauge cluster, HVAC, and shifter indicator. Put mach 1 cluster in, SCT tuner, (not really a project but hey...) and 25%udp

Quick Reply: Summer's over...did you do any fun projects?