Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Stiff Street Racing Penalties

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: New Stiff Street Racing Penalties

ORIGINAL: justang05

I think thats rediculous. Crushing someones car because they were racing? Think about it, what if the one time you fell into temptation and decided to race and then all of a sudden a cop comes out of nowhere, impounds your car, and then watch it be crushed to pieces. I think its inconsiderate to do that to someones car, and a lot of street races are actually done where no one but themselves can be hurt, the only difference is there is a guy standing where to light tree should be., How would you like to see your mustang being run over by a giant tractor?
What world do you live in? I've been at a stop light where both the the left and right hand turn lanes have been empty and when the light turns green two cars blow past me on either side racing each other at speeds even faster than that of a freeway. I've seen freeway jockeying where cars are weaving in-and-out of traffic trying to race or beat each other. I say if you are dumb enough and INCONSIDERATE enough to put others in jeapordy then by all means...you get what's coming to you.

Besides, if all street racing was done when 'noone' else was around, then noone would get caught now would they? If a 'cop comes out of nowhere' you obviously weren't paying attention. Cops don't just materialize from thin air.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:30 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ok, first of all, TOEWL is a ****ing idiot, second, they would have to literaly shoot me before they crush my car, and 3, anyone crushes my car WILL me murdered after the 10 year sentence is up... they had fun when they were young, now just coz there old ****ing ****s they want to take away our fun, **** THEM< **** THEM< IM SOO PISSED AT THAT I MIGHT GO AND LIVE IN AFRICA

Paul
Old 06-16-2006, 06:31 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

This is absurd.. I don't street race, but I can't believe child molestors, rapists, murders, etc. can get away with 10+ years in prison, but street racing can land you behind bars for life.. This is in Canada, sure, but Canada and California are about on the same level of insanity.

I know a couple of good places for street racing. Industrial zones out in a secluded area that runs for miles. If I have bone to pick with a local ricer, I'll take it there.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:33 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Yah ok ive calmed down, thats the point... if u DOOOO drive that fast and badly that u could kill sumone, its a fair punishment, but for light to light fun below 70mph there shouldnt be ANY laws against it....

Paul
Old 06-16-2006, 06:38 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Wow, crushing the car huh. Thats extreme! However, I think it is what is needed to stop people from doing it. Unless it's in an empty parking lot, you never can be sure of being alone. Besides, most street races I've witnessed (on the FairfaxCty Parkway, Rt 28, and Rt7 in the northern va area) had plenty of other cars around.

A lot of the people that can drop 10, 20 and 30 k down on mods are the same people that can afford high insurance and high tickets. I say total the car if they get busted too many times for doing it! In this area, all the fines are jacked up cause everyone makes so much money they can shrug it off. For instance, another example, for HOV, they raised the fine to 1K because some copanies were paying the tickets for thier employees, or giving them a monthly commuter allowance that was jacked up to accomodate HOV violations, I kid you not.

Just my two cents.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:53 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

Yah ok ive calmed down, thats the point... if u DOOOO drive that fast and badly that u could kill sumone, its a fair punishment, but for light to light fun below 70mph there shouldnt be ANY laws against it....

Paul
The law is in black and white, with a few exceptions. Don't think they'll draw a line between "70MPH" as light fun. "Vehicular manslaugter" is not synonomous with second degree murder (intentional killing without premeditation) and really should not be punished as such.

And I don't think they crush the cars after they impound them. The city usually tries to auction the cars off, or in some cases, give them to law enforcement. That's why we see a handful of Mustang patrol cars.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:55 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

so im an idiot too i guess. having lost a few friends to racing and other stupid drive technics. i have to say they need to do something. and as far as a cop coming out of nowhere. how about the stupid soccer mom or the old fart that pulls out into the lane and causes someone to swerve. you guys are all full of crap. yes i said that crap. i have been to the track a few times now. Even on a strait line track with emergency equiptment and perfect conditions they have probs. remember you may be (or at least think you are) the best driver in the world and your car may be in tiptop shape, but what about the other guy? i have seen most of your posts ah the other car was a POS or somthin. what if they blow a tire a rad hose. anything you just never know. there are so many variables ok so your racing and some idiot pulls out cus he didnt see you. ya its his fault but if you werent speeding you probubly could have avoided him. so then whos fault is it. what are we tring to prove. i dread the day when were all wondering where one of us is just to find out we have been hurt or killed. yes i drive fast my wife yells at me all the time the car just go fast. do i look for cars to kill no! do i get temped when on pulls up next to me. fortunatly for me i leave so hard regularly within 20 feet, in my mind its over before it started. you guys are all good people and i enjoy sharing my day with you. but please get it out of your system or take it to the track. i dont want the next paper we read to be about you!. im done flame me all you want i really dont care! im 45 old and tired and have 4 kids and a wife to worrie about getting killed by some ricer racing now i have to add mustangs to the list!
Old 06-16-2006, 07:02 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

so im an idiot too i guess. having lost a few friends to racing and other stupid drive technics. i have to say they need to do something. and as far as a cop coming out of nowhere. how about the stupid soccer mom or the old fart that pulls out into the lane and causes someone to swerve. you guys are all full of crap. yes i said that crap. i have been to the track a few times now. Even on a strait line track with emergency equiptment and perfect conditions they have probs. remember you may be (or at least think you are) the best driver in the world and your car may be in tiptop shape, but what about the other guy? i have seen most of your posts ah the other car was a POS or somthin. what if they blow a tire a rad hose. anything you just never know. there are so many variables ok so your racing and some idiot pulls out cus he didnt see you. ya its his fault but if you werent speeding you probubly could have avoided him. so then whos fault is it. what are we tring to prove. i dread the day when were all wondering where one of us is just to find out we have been hurt or killed. yes i drive fast my wife yells at me all the time the car just go fast. do i look for cars to kill no! do i get temped when on pulls up next to me. fortunatly for me i leave so hard regularly within 20 feet, in my mind its over before it started. you guys are all good people and i enjoy sharing my day with you. but please get it out of your system or take it to the track. i dont want the next paper we read to be about you!. im done flame me all you want i really dont care! im 45 old and tired and have 4 kids and a wife to worrie about getting killed by some ricer racing now i have to add mustangs to the list!
Crushing a violator's car is cool with me... as long as it's not my car. But life in prison for manslaughter? I'm sure it happens, though; someone does something so stupid, like colliding with a family van by street racing.. killing all the children onboard.

The only track I know of is somewhere in anahiem. Is there one nearby your pad?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:22 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Just because someone disagrees with the law, itself, does NOT mean that they are condoning the activity regulated by that law. I don't get the idea that since someone thinks a law is overbroad or overly harsh in its punishment, that automatically condones or encourages the act regulated by that law. I always wear my seat belt, despite the fact that I disagree with it being a matter of law.

Old 06-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Is that Canada or China? Jeez. It's bad enough here in Florida, they take your car away. I don't street race but I think that's still overboard.

Quick Reply: New Stiff Street Racing Penalties