Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:40 PM
VirtuallJ

Default 2 Problems

Please help me i have 2 problems with my 06 pony package that just came up, ive had the car for 4 months and no problems till now, problem 1... the other day the gas light and chime came on indicating i was low on gas, and i knew i was, so i pulled into the gas station, but the car only took 14 dollars and started spitting gas back out , i knew it wasnt full yet so i kept pumping, as it kept spitting and finally got to 15 dollars, i got inside and cranked the car and the gas needle only went to 3/4 full, this has never happened before, anyone know why? And now the second and more series problem, i'm sittng at a stop light tonight and all of a sudden i feel this extreme surge from the car almost as if it was hit from the rear, my cars an auto and i had my foot on the brake and it was in drive, but the surge was so strong i had to push the brake in as hard as i could to keep it from moving,then i noticed the rpms were goinng up and the car was increasing in idiling, i put the car in nuetral,and the idle stayed up, i put the car in park and the idle stayed up, then drive, with my foot pressed firmly on the brake, then nuetral again, then park again before the idle returned back to normal, this scared the heck out of me, i honestly thought my car was going to take off into the intersection, the idle was so high and the surge so hard i had my daughter with me and she was yelling at me to stop, it was scaring her. My car has MAC duel exhaust, MAC CAI and custom tune and i only run 93 octane since i got the tune, never had this happen before, I'm taking it into the dealership to have it looked at, but before i do i was wondering, has this happened to anyone else on here, or does anyone know what the heck is wrong with my car. Thanx for any input anyone can offer.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:42 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2 Problems

1st problem there's a TSB out on, 2nd problem i dunno if surging like that is related, but you should take it into the dealer.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:10 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

U will probally need to take the tune off if you go to the dealer.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Check to see if you've got "THE LEAK". Apparently, water leaks in on the passenger side of some 05-07 Mustangs. There is an access cover down on the right side. Remove it, reach down and feel the padding underneath the carpet. Is it wet or damp? If it is either of these it means that your computer (also behind the cover) could be getting wet and is shorting out thus sending mixed signals to the throttle controls.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:35 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

I dont have problem filling but after I put my tune in I had the gas tank needle not going to full.

removed the gas cap and started and restarted the car several times and also reloading the tune. Eventually it went to normal and havent had the problem since.

I think my problem was I loaded the tune while I was filling and the gas cap was off. It doesnt like that. Have reloaded tunes since then with no problem.

Definitely put back to stock your intake and stock tune. One less reason for them to blame it on.