Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

who else is having withdrawls?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:00 AM
rossbra2

Default who else is having withdrawls?

My pony has been locked up since thanksgiving (storage). I'm at college and it is an hour and a half away just locked away. I've been driving around an 06 f-150 and it jsut kills me to not be able to hual *** and stuff. I just miss it when i see other mustangs cruising around. I have the itch. I almost made my dad take it out of storage this weekend but it was so bad here the f-150 coudl barely handle the highways with the blizzard. anyone else feeling the pain?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 02-07-2007, 04:51 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: who else is having withdrawls?

Just drive it in the winter, man. Be crazy. I agree that a Mustang isn't the ideal vehicle for winter driving, but think about how fun it is to drive it nice weather, now multiply that by 10 because of how much easier it is to bust loose with the lack of traction.

Really, with traction control being as awesome as it is, this winter hasn't given me any problems with the Mustang, and that's on stock tires and with no additional weight in the back. I suppose if you're trying to perfectly preserve the finish for all eternity it might be cool to lock the baby up for the winter, but if you keep it washed, waxed, and generally looked after, it'll look fine regardless.

The Mustang is just too much fun and too good looking of a car to give up 5 months of the year. Drive drive drive!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:06 AM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

Mine has been in the garage since 12/01 and I am driving an 04 Bonneville. It's a nice car, BUT IT AIN'T A MUSTANG! I couldn't drive my stang in the winter cuz it's too damn cold to wash and wax it every week and I really hate to see it get dirty, never mind covered in salt and sand. 6 more weeks and it will be back on the road!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:16 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Mine has been at the shop for 3 months getting ready for next track season, I'm going NUTS. LOL.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:10 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Been garaged since the end of October here.

But a LOT of work is being done. Rollbars (I have a 'vert), second stage of nitrous, headers, custom fabricating a new shifter, etc, etc, etc...

I won't take the car out in the snow. I won't even take the car out until we've had a couple good rains to wash away any extra salt that might be on the ground.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:01 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

no withdrawls here i livein calif........just cringe when it rains cause its black andm y daily driver...i hate driving a dirty car......dont miss snow a bit grw up back east....i feel for you guys cause if i lived in cincy stilll my ponywouldbe all shut for the winter......but since im in cali.....well.....my cruise willbe for you guys....
Old 02-08-2007, 07:10 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

I won't take the car out in the snow. I won't even take the car out until we've had a couple good rains to wash away any extra salt that might be on the ground.
Im from AZ so I can't relate but I would take his advise. Salt on the roads is not good. Rust city for the future. I'd just wait its been this long already.

Thats why I could never move back east or to colder weather. Here the summers are a bit trecherous but u can drive your ride all year long.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:15 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

I drove my stang a few winters here in MI. Probably the WORST car for the snow. I do like haulin ***, but I leaned the hard way, its best kept for nice sunny days.
-P.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: who else is having withdrawals?

No withdrawals here. I just got out of it. You either buy one to drive daily or you don't. If you're having withdrawal it's time to get one as a daily driver.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:49 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: who else is having withdrawals?

I live in NJ and have driven mine through rain, snow, sleet, hail, you name it. I couldn't picture putting her away. I drive my dads camry to work and even that kills me. If i go more than a day straight I can't take it anymore LOL I say **** it..Be Bold, as Ford would tell you.

Quick Reply: who else is having withdrawls?